2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Does anyone make a diesel hybrid?
Mercedes has a diesel plug-in hybrid in Europe. But it's something of a non-starter in the US because of the tighter emissions controls and fuel being relatively cheap. So now you have all of the complexity of a hybrid plus all of the complexity of a modern diesel with all of its DEF injection and particulate filters. The total vehicle cost would very quickly overcome lifetime fuel cost savings.
Sponsored

FordDiehard

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Focus, 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Agree completely. Though there's still an astonishing number of people unaware of hybrids. I have two neighbors who know I've ordered a hybrid - they keep asking when I'm getting my charging station installed.

IMG_0089.JPG
I work for a rental car company, and we have a bunch of Chrysler Pacifica hybrid minivans in the fleet. Unlike most hybrids, these don't recharge while driving. They MUST be plugged in to recharge.

AutobahnSHO

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Miata, Hybrid Mav, Odyssey
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I work for a rental car company, and we have a bunch of Chrysler Pacifica hybrid minivans in the fleet. Unlike most hybrids, these don't recharge while driving. They MUST be plugged in to recharge.
No. Hybrid means they recharge when you decelerate. Plugin (PHEV) usually means the battery is larger so you CAN plug it in so you can get more electric-only range (for commuting).

"IF" you don't plug a PHEV in, you wouldn't get 30miles on electric alone, but it would still charge up a little with each stop to help get back up to speed.

Sponsored

OP
OP
STARCOMMTREY1

STARCOMMTREY1

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, Ultra Classic, Versa Note and soon to be Mav