First Name
Ivan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I think any manufacturer can sell out on hybrids if they are priced right. I could never justify $10k extra to get a hybrid. The Maverick hit the right price point. If Ford price Jack's I'm out.

OP
OP
STARCOMMTREY1

STARCOMMTREY1

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, Ultra Classic, Versa Note and soon to be Mav
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I think any manufacturer can sell out on hybrids if they are priced right. I could never justify $10k extra to get a hybrid. The Maverick hit the right price point. If Ford price Jack's I'm out.
Yup. I think there are FAR FAR more orders than Ford has let on. Imagine how many fleet orders have been made? I am calling it now......this truck will outsell every midsized and full size EXCEPT the Fseries IF Ford can keep up.

Rob Cactus Gray

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 Prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Missed demand or supply issues? I think it is the ladder

Sponsored

OP
OP
STARCOMMTREY1

STARCOMMTREY1

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
OP
OP
STARCOMMTREY1

STARCOMMTREY1

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Phil Skinn

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Fusion Titanium
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yup. I think there are FAR FAR more orders than Ford has let on. Imagine how many fleet orders have been made? I am calling it now......this truck will outsell every midsized and full size EXCEPT the Fseries IF Ford can keep up.
When I ordered my Hybrid, dealer told me he had just reserved three Hybrids for three women who operate an Uber service. Replaced their Prius 'fleet' for the mileage.

Lone Star Proud

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
From the very beginning Ford pushed this as a low cost hybrid pickup. A totally new market segment. How can they be possibly surprised that this is what most people ordered? Somebody over there just F#@ked up.

Rob Cactus Gray

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 Prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I don't think it's supply issues because the 2.0 is still being ordered
Hybrids have far more electrical components. Toyota even opted out of bringing the Corolla Cross Hybrid over to the U.S. this year. All evidence points to hybrid components being specifically harder to come by. The chip shortage aside there’s issue across the board.

Luckily they seem to have EcoBoost churning out but given the lower demand they don’t need to produce too many. Ford plans to build 100k a year and currently only building a couple thousand a month, no where near full capacity. Hard to say the EcoBoost is fully available, just in a better position to be produced and meet demand over the hybrid. Ford has spun this to make them self look better but I can’t believe for one minute they didn’t plan to sell more hybrids. They have marketed the shit out of it.

Sponsored

casanewt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 KIA Sportage X-Line Prestige PHEV
Engine
Undecided
I just wonder if it all comes down to their ability to build enough of the new in-house electric motors and/or e/CVTs for the demand. @STARCOMMTREY1 is probably spot on that there is a whole other huge bank of fleet orders pending on top of the huge batch of retail orders. They will probably have to re-think the trim level of the XL and offer a true, stripped down work truck version for that 20K price point.

OP
OP
STARCOMMTREY1

STARCOMMTREY1

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hybrids have far more electrical components. Toyota even opted out of bringing the Corolla Cross Hybrid over to the U.S. this year. All evidence points to hybrid components being specifically harder to come by. The chip shortage aside there’s issue across the board.

Luckily they seem to have EcoBoost churning out but given the lower demand they don’t need to produce too many. Ford plans to build 100k a year and currently only building a couple thousand a month, no where near full capacity. Hard to say the EcoBoost is fully available, just in a better position to be produced and meet demand over the hybrid. Ford has spun this to make them self look better but I can’t believe for one minute they didn’t plan to sell more hybrids. They have marketed the shit out of it.
This is the FIRST vehicle I can find that the hybrid powertrain out sold the traditional gas. Now in fairness it is also the first I found where hybrid was standard

Portcqb

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT Lux 2.0 AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I just wonder if it all comes down to their ability to build enough of the new in-house electric motors and/or e/CVTs for the demand. @STARCOMMTREY1 is probably spot on that there is a whole other huge bank of fleet orders pending on top of the huge batch of retail orders. They will probably have to re-think the trim level of the XL and offer a true, stripped down work truck version for that 20K price point.
I think that is likely a large reason for it along with supply chain issues for other needed components. Saw a post the other day that Government hybrid order bank for Ford is closing soon also, and the the F150 Lightning order bank opening is being pushed back.

Rob Cactus Gray

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 Prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This is the FIRST vehicle I can find that the hybrid powertrain out sold the traditional gas. Now in fairness it is also the first I found where hybrid was standard
The biggest lure in the vehicle is the MPG and Ford knew that. They wouldn’t have made it standard Hybrid if they didn’t think it was what people wanted. The 2.0 EcoBoost was also a great call for an upgrade.
Sponsored