First Name
Brandyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Dodge Challenger SRT8
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I think it would be interesting and supprising. I ordered one and I am 72. I have a big Truck but I want something I don't have to climb up in and I can get something out of the bed without breaking ribs. My wife is challenged and I wanted something she could get in and out of and would fit in a parking space. But still needed a truck for those trips to Sam's and Rural King. Wife likes those industrial size baskets they put on their eletric carts. If they would just put a dump on them.
The dump feature is a great idea
Sponsored

lumonix

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I am 45. Wanted a truck for many years, but couldnā€™t ā€œdo itā€ due to the gass guzzling, polluting nature that came with them. They were often also way bigger than I needed. Maverick has hit the mark for me. Grateful Ford finally made a truck for me. šŸ˜‚

The Weatherman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux FX4 4K x 2
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
What Iā€™m thinking is, it may just be that the people following this forum are the older folks that bought a truck.

Iā€™m 66 in a couple of weeks.

twracing

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Nissan Titan, 2022 Chevy Trailblazer RS
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
54 here. Currently in Nissan Titan getting 12 mpg. Love it but.........Hybrid wins.

Sponsored

HawkeyeBunny

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Colleen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford C-Max SE
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm 45 (and a female.) I'm so not the demographic that Ford was trying to target with this truck. But it's perfect for what I need in a vehicle. Putting a hay bale in the back of my C-Max is a pain and makes a huge mess. Now if it would just move from in production to built, that would be even better...

Don806

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT, Also a 2000 F150
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

54 here, 5th truck overall. Still have the F150 (beater with a heater). The Maverick is my daily dirver, replaced the 2018 Escape. It's my SUV with a bed instead of hatchback.

matmondro

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mathieu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm 23. I've had two of the older Rangers, loved both trucks. I got out of them when I was in college because of the poor gas mileage, but now that I graduated, it's time to get back into it. The Maverick is perfect for me, also affordable for me too. Was a no-brainer!

mktmgrjrm

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick Hybrid, Ford Fusion Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm 73, and if I ever get my Mav it will probably be the last vehicle I buy - of course I've said that about pretty much every car I've ever bought. 42 of them in all!!

Decayed

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
yes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Oh gosh lol I should have known that.

Oh lol I should have known that. Iā€™ve only seen one Mav where I live and the driver appeared to be a late teen/early 20ā€™s guy. Iā€™m 36 and this is my first Ford and first truck. I personally have not seen any ads for a Maverick so IDK if Ford active advertised to a certain demographic.
The print stuff I saw had attractive young people loading guitar amplifiers and surfboards in it. I guess you market to what your actual target wants to be. šŸ¤£ Never saw a video ad for it in the wild.

Most of the buyers seem to be older folks looking for a bargain. That's me. šŸ˜‰

Sponsored

Spook

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Iā€™m an 87 yr. Old hot rod teenager .
Well, you have a few years on me. I'll be 75 next month.
I suggest we make this demographic list more interesting. How about adding to your age with your cultural background. I will give mine to start it off as an example:
I am a combination redneck and white collar person. I have lived and worked in both environments. I have to admit that I prefer the redneck side with my good ole boy buddies.

earlyhike

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XLT Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

i have heard Ford was targeting young first time truck buyers. The club has a data base with our ages and I would like to see the demographics for the club. Most of the people I see driving a Maverick appear to be over 40. I am 77 so this could be interesting data. This could help us if we were of a mind to sell our trucks.
I personally think the demographics are irrelevant in this case to sell-ability. The demand is so high across the spectrum Ford doesn't need to target anybody (Even if they originally meant to with commercials of California millennials). All Ford had to do was say small truck (to Americans who love trucks when there are no small trucks), HIGH MPG (when NO trucks get good MPG), and incredibly affordable (when all trucks/cars are expensive).

I think a small, affordable, fuel efficient, utility vehicle unlike anything else on the market kind of sells itself to all kinds of practical people.

The better question is, what is the demographic of people willing and able to fight for a pre-order on a budget vehicle that they won't see for 6-12 months just to avoid new/used/dealership prices. So its more about what demographic is willing to fight through this ordeal than who will buy it. I actually think the interest in this vehicle is far bigger and wider than anyone realizes. But being able to wait this long for a vehicle is not something many people can do.

I am 40.

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer Limited; 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm 40. This is my second truck. Cost is the only reason I'm looking at this truck versus other trucks. If I could afford to own and operate an F-250 Super Duty or Ford Lightning, I would do that instead.
Sponsored