Maverick competitors: What will you be cross-shopping?

MarcusBrody

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Transit Connect, BMW 318ti
I generally really like Alpha's designs, but I'd have to see them actually bring something to market before I let them affect my purchasing decisions.

rtcraft89

First Name
Trey
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes E-500
Alpha, an EV startup, just announced that they're building a truly small pickup called the Alpha Wolf. It reminds me of an old Toyota SR5, and frankly it looks so damn good that I'll probably have to wait for more details on the Wolf before I'd pull the trigger on a Maverick.

Obviously a full EV is going to be more expensive than the Maverick, but with that near-perfect design (in my eyes) and the 250+ mile range they're talking, I'd probably buy this before anything else on the market (or coming to the market soon). Just have to see how serious and capable this company is about building and selling vehicles.

EDIT to ADD: Starting MSRP US $36,000 to US $46,000 (from the company's website).

https://www.alphamotorinc.com/wolf
That thing is SWEET. I need a crew cab and something sooner than later, but if I didn’t I’d seriously consider this.

Keynotes13

First Name
Mathew
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Matrix
Alpha, an EV startup, just announced that they're building a truly small pickup called the Alpha Wolf. It reminds me of an old Toyota SR5, and frankly it looks so damn good that I'll probably have to wait for more details on the Wolf before I'd pull the trigger on a Maverick.

Obviously a full EV is going to be more expensive than the Maverick, but with that near-perfect design (in my eyes) and the 250+ mile range they're talking, I'd probably buy this before anything else on the market (or coming to the market soon). Just have to see how serious and capable this company is about building and selling vehicles.

EDIT to ADD: Starting MSRP US $36,000 to US $46,000 (from the company's website).

https://www.alphamotorinc.com/wolf
Well damn!!! That truck looks incredible! Love the 80s vibe. Once I don’t need to lug car seats around I’m looking at something like this! My mind is blown.

Leuf

First Name
Kevin
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S10
Alpha Wolf: LENGTH - 4765mm (188in) | WIDTH - 1930mm (76in) | HEIGHT - 1685mm (66in)

The length and height may be short, but it sure isn't narrow. I don't know if that 76" includes the mirrors or not, but I guess it doesn't matter because those ridiculous fenders stick out as far as the mirrors anyway.

I was more excited about the Maverick before I saw the 74" width. I guess what I am cross-shopping it against is doing whatever it takes to keep my 68" wide '01 S10 on the road. The Transit Connect and some godforsaken SUV are also options. I've even considered something like the Honda Fit and renting a full size truck when I need a truck. If they hadn't made it so ugly. The first gen looked better when they just let it be the miniminivan that it is.

MarcusBrody

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Transit Connect, BMW 318ti
Alpha Wolf: LENGTH - 4765mm (188in) | WIDTH - 1930mm (76in) | HEIGHT - 1685mm (66in)

The length and height may be short, but it sure isn't narrow. I don't know if that 76" includes the mirrors or not, but I guess it doesn't matter because those ridiculous fenders stick out as far as the mirrors anyway.

I was more excited about the Maverick before I saw the 74" width. I guess what I am cross-shopping it against is doing whatever it takes to keep my 68" wide '01 S10 on the road. The Transit Connect and some godforsaken SUV are also options. I've even considered something like the Honda Fit and renting a full size truck when I need a truck. If they hadn't made it so ugly. The first gen looked better when they just let it be the miniminivan that it is.
Heh, I love the Wolf, own a Transit Connect and only recently sold my first gen Honda Fit. I see we both have a soft sport for utilitarian vehicles.