First Name
Amy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Hybrid Lariat Luxury w/CP360 + CP360A
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I was going to call my Iconic Silver Hybrid Lariat Flint Gray Ghost (FGG), Flint for short. But as of this morning I changed my ordered color to HPR. I've already come up with a new name for it which I'll reveal once I actually take delivery 🤞🏻🙏.
For about 6 months, I was certain my truck was going to be called Viveon (misspelling intentional). Vivian means lively, full of life which seemed appropriate for a HPR truck. The eon variation in spelling was because I waited an eon for my truck (620 days).
Around June, I realized the three vehicles I'd previously named had feminine names and my truck might be masculine.

After a lot of thought and research, ultimately I named my Maverick
Garrett which means defender in Norse and has Irish origins (meaning spear strength).
I have Irish and Norse heritage, so Garrett seemed like a fitting name for my HPR Mav.
Ford Maverick What will you name your Maverick Nov_8_2023_23_24_04_1

Thanks @Tuch for this photo graphic.
Sponsored

tom_tucker

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
For about 6 months, I was certain my truck was going to be called Viveon (misspelling intentional). Vivian means lively, full of life which seemed appropriate for a HPR truck. The eon variation in spelling was because I waited an eon for my truck (620 days).
Around June, I realized the three vehicles I'd previously named had feminine names and my truck might be masculine.

After a lot of thought and research, ultimately I named my Maverick
Garrett which means defender in Norse and has Irish origins (meaning spear strength).
I have Irish and Norse heritage, so Garrett seemed like a fitting name for my HPR Mav.
Nov_8_2023_23_24_04_1.jpg

Thanks @Tuch for this photo graphic.
I think you're onto something. It seems this Garrett guy did a LOT to help expand the USA into the mid west, GLR. Work was his middle name ;)...

John Work Garrett

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_W._Garrett

lajlmt

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Maverick XLT LUX
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

10 month w/out a name. How have I survived? I'm leaning towards Karl, as in Marx. Only because I like my shit with that "standard Govt. issued" OE Communist look. Also hoping big brother will issue wind guards before next summer.

20231120_155508.jpg
Wait till McCarthy hauls you into a hearing😂

JP4AZ

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Hybrid MAV, 04 Dakota 4x4, 02 Lexus, 03 V-Rod +
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

My kid calls it the "School Truck" since that is it's primary job (to Her). I call it "The Twinkie"

Ford Maverick What will you name your Maverick Twinkie

Ford Maverick What will you name your Maverick 20231110_141035_resized

Maverick Grabber

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Chrysler 200, 2022 Maverick XLT Red
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have a mental block with names for vehicles. I guess it just seems a little silly. The only vehicle names that ever stuck in my family were created when other people made memorable remarks. One example is my brother had a friend who described his late 90s silver Camaro as that grey shark following him, which he found funny and from that point forward that car was "the shark."
A funny or not so funny fact on 3rd gen Camaro's, when they first came out the added 3rd brake light was on the same circuit as the fuel pump, if the light went out the so would any fuel delivery, o_O

Sponsored

Maverick Grabber

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Chrysler 200, 2022 Maverick XLT Red
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Rusty, he is replacing my 1983 first year Ranger I sold this past May. He was a true reliable small truck that deserves to continue on as a Maverick XLT eco. Would have like him to be a manual trans too, but I can adapt.
Driving stick was fun, start out in 2nd on snow and ice, once in 2nd you do not need the clutch to shift unless the synchro's are shot

Newtz1

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
BOB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I went with "VIPER"

Ford Maverick What will you name your Maverick 20231214_102956

Kayron

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Karen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 ford maverick fx
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I replied to a post with what I named my Ford Escape. Since it was black and blue, I named it Bruiser. Now that I am getting a cyber orange Maverick I'm trying to get a name for it. I haven't yet found a name. If you name your vehicles, what have you named them and what do you think you want to name your new Maverick?

Some random ideas: Pumpkin, Bus Stop (due to it being the colors of a school bus, almost). Charlie as in Charlie Brown's TV show (Its the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown). So far my favorite and maybe my pick; Pi as in Pumpkin Pie but using the mathematical version.
Stumpy!