Maverick colors ranked

AngloSoup

First Name
Anglo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Old Beater
They call it cyber orange because it only appears orange on a computer monitor screen.

It IS more yellow than Orange... But I like yellow too so not a problem.

Always amuses me how Yellow Trucking company has an orange logo too. (I'm easily amused)

Egz

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid Lariat, 1967 Fairlady
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
They call it cyber orange because it only appears orange on a computer monitor screen.
That is true. My order was originally Cyber Orange, and changed it fast when I saw real pictures of it.

onetequilatwo

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hybrid Lariat Maverick and 2019 RAV4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ranked as selected by orders here on the Maverick Truck Club

1. Area 51
2. Velocity Blue
3. Cactus Gray
4. Carbonized Gray
5. Alto Blue
6. Hot Pepper Red
7. Oxford White
8. Tie between Shadow Black and Iconic Silver
10.Cyber Orange
11.Rapid Red

Maverick Colors selected Maverick Truck Club.png
Rapid Red was my favorite color but wanted the bright 18" rims and was not thrilled with the black roof at the time, but has grown on me. Initially chose VB since like Blue and was a none upcharge color. Then my wife stepped in and it was HRP but after reports of it looking Orange in the light went back to a deeper blue, Alto Blue. Would have selected Atlas Blue and stuck with it if it was offered in 2022.

CenTexMav

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Previous: Subaru WRX, Challanger RT, RAM 1500
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Rapid Red was my favorite color but wanted the bright 18" rims and was not thrilled with the black roof at the time, but has grown on me. Initially chose VB since like Blue and was a none upcharge color. Then my wife stepped in and it was HRP but after reports of it looking Orange in the light went back to a deeper blue, Alto Blue. Would have selected Atlas Blue and stuck with it if it was offered in 2022.
One of the first Mavs I saw was HPR. I really liked it. I stumbled on an Alto Blue and really liked it. Looks like a black truck but when the light is right the blue really pops. I think the matte black accents really work well with the Alto Blue.

Sponsored

OP
OP
groovesocket

groovesocket

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Atom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Well, a lot of people don't get bold colors like Cyber Orange because they're worried about resale. Funny thing is, orange actually has a higher resale value than any other color. White, grey, and "safe colors" that people think will resell better actually have lower resale values that more bold colors.

That said, that's not why I'm going to go with Cyber Orange (if I go XLT instead of XL)... There are several reasons I would pick CO. I'm on the fence between XL and XLT but being able to get CO only on XLT is tilting the balance to me getting an XLT.

1) Safest color. Day, night, overcast, that color is visible, people aren't going to miss you on the road in their side view mirror. Yes, it's school bus color and school buses are that exact shade for a reason. All those grey variants are invisible on the road on a dull drizzly autumn morning.

2) It's unique. I like having a car that doesn't look like everyone else's. It stands out without being tacky or over the top. I can always quickly find my car in a parking lot.

3) I like it and think it's an attractive color on the Maverick. I mean, for most people this is reason #1 why they pick a color and it is important to me too. It's why I'm going CO instead of white. White is a pretty safe color too.

I like red too, but studies show cops pull over red cars more often... Anecdotally, when I had a red car I did get pulled over many times. Never have once in any of my other cars/trucks.
Those are the same reasons I ordered a Cyber Orange Maverick. However, IMO no one should buy a vehicle based on resalability. Why should I worry about what the value of my vehicle is when I'm ready to sell it in 10 years? I'm going to buy the vehicle I want, not what the next person wants.

AngloSoup

First Name
Anglo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Old Beater
Those are the same reasons I ordered a Cyber Orange Maverick. However, IMO no one should buy a vehicle based on resalability. Why should I worry about what the value of my vehicle is when I'm ready to sell it in 10 years? I'm going to buy the vehicle I want, not what the next person wants.

I typically drive my vehicles until they end up costing more to repair than it costs to buy new.

So in this day and age, I'm expecting a bare minimum of 10 years but ideally more than 15. Who knows what the market will be then?

The only reason I'm getting a Maverick now is because my daughter needs a car, so she's getting my still very reliable 10 year old little blue Honda. She's still in the permit stage, so no rush thankfully. If it wasn't for my daughter, I'd be holding onto my Honda probably another decade. 😁

I do know a lot of people seem to change cars every 3-5 years. If you're only keeping them that long, I can understand wanting to get as much back from it as you can.

Kelli

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kelli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Santa Fe Sport
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Well, a lot of people don't get bold colors like Cyber Orange because they're worried about resale. Funny thing is, orange actually has a higher resale value than any other color. White, grey, and "safe colors" that people think will resell better actually have lower resale values that more bold colors.

That said, that's not why I'm going to go with Cyber Orange (if I go XLT instead of XL)... There are several reasons I would pick CO. I'm on the fence between XL and XLT but being able to get CO only on XLT is tilting the balance to me getting an XLT.

1) Safest color. Day, night, overcast, that color is visible, people aren't going to miss you on the road in their side view mirror. Yes, it's school bus color and school buses are that exact shade for a reason. All those grey variants are invisible on the road on a dull drizzly autumn morning.

2) It's unique. I like having a car that doesn't look like everyone else's. It stands out without being tacky or over the top. I can always quickly find my car in a parking lot.

3) I like it and think it's an attractive color on the Maverick. I mean, for most people this is reason #1 why they pick a color and it is important to me too. It's why I'm going CO instead of white. White is a pretty safe color too.

I like red too, but studies show cops pull over red cars more often... Anecdotally, when I had a red car I did get pulled over many times. Never have once in any of my other cars/trucks.
I get ALL of these reasons and they are most of mine too. My other reason is fade. Every Ford my family has had, faded. So, I figured this color wouldn't change much IF it faded. Hedging my bets.

Roadrunner11

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Carol
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MINI
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My first vehicle when I turned 16 was a 73 Chevy pickup that was school bus yellow. It had a 350 with a four barrel carb and loud exhaust. My dad told me recently because he wanted to make sure everyone on the road saw/heard me coming so that I wouldn't get hit. For years after I had the truck random people I had never met before would come up to me and say "Oh, your the guy that drives that big yellow truck?" All that to say, that is a great color for getting noticed.
It’s a great color for getting seen, especially when everyone on the road wants to run you over.

Micheal

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Micheal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Escape Hy, 2014 Escape, 2022 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ranked as selected by orders here on the Maverick Truck Club

1. Area 51
2. Velocity Blue
3. Cactus Gray
4. Carbonized Gray
5. Alto Blue
6. Hot Pepper Red
7. Oxford White
8. Tie between Shadow Black and Iconic Silver
10.Cyber Orange
11.Rapid Red
My choices are very similar to the clubs listed here, Although, when I re-order I may change my Area 51 to Atlas Blue if available. Nicer blue than Velocity IMO. CO would be a nice color if your an Uber driver, kinda looks like a yellow cab.

Timothyd

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Encore, Miata, motorcycles
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Just read the article. My impression is that the writer has been smoking way too much of the weed. Geez
He's got to pretend he's witty and fashionable. His diarrhea of the keyboard is a must to rack up more pennies.
Sponsored