First Name
Lynette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My view. The color you pick is because you like it. You shouldn't have to have approval for your like. Also, I originally picked Velocity Blue because it was "Free", but later decided I was tired of blue and I wanted a bright color and the price wasn't a factor, well not much of one anyway. I did hesitate a moment then said to myself "Sh*t you only live once"!
Sponsored

LessFrequent

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Less
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Sometimes making things seem expensive and exclusive results in sales. I once was trying to sell a litter of puppies with little success. I raised the price $175, and the puppies quickly sold. The asking price indicated that these puppies were "worth" buying.
Reminds me of the story about a guy who bought himself a new recliner, so he set his used recliner out by the curb with a "Free" sign on it. It sat out there all weekend but no one picked it up, so on Monday he put a "For Sale $150" sign on it, and by Tuesday morning it was stolen.

AndrewinMD

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I want to like Cyber Orange. Too bad it's yellow in real life
Someone commented on here that it looks like a school bus color, and that has just stuck with me. :)

As for the article, the author should have just entitled it, "I like Cyber Orange and hate all the other colors." That said, the zing on Oxford White is pretty funny (how much do I charge for my services)!

DG17

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Edge
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My rankings:

1) Cyber Orange with black decals
2) black when it's clean
3) hot pepper red
4) carbonized gray
5) cactus gray
6) white
7) alto blue
8) area 51
9) velocity blue
10) rapid red
11) silver

Maui

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Kia Soul Convertble
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

there is a yellow one
that won't accept the black one
that won't accept the red one
that won't accept the white one

Sly & The Family Stone

(Great song.)

Sponsored

Clarkdonbran

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

skadizzle

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Lariat BAP
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

there is a yellow one
that won't accept the black one
that won't accept the red one
that won't accept the white one

Sly & The Family Stone

(Great song.)
Different strokes for different folks

Rojo

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT, Alto Blue, AWD Eco-Boost, Lux
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My first vehicle when I turned 16 was a 73 Chevy pickup that was school bus yellow. It had a 350 with a four barrel carb and loud exhaust. My dad told me recently because he wanted to make sure everyone on the road saw/heard me coming so that I wouldn't get hit. For years after I had the truck random people I had never met before would come up to me and say "Oh, your the guy that drives that big yellow truck?" All that to say, that is a great color for getting noticed.

Sponsored

huunvubu

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ranked as selected by orders here on the Maverick Truck Club

1. Area 51
2. Velocity Blue
3. Cactus Gray
4. Carbonized Gray
5. Alto Blue
6. Hot Pepper Red
7. Oxford White
8. Tie between Shadow Black and Iconic Silver
10.Cyber Orange
11.Rapid Red

Ford Maverick Maverick colors ranked Maverick Colors selected Maverick Truck Club

KenC

Banned
Banned
First Name
First
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truck.
My first vehicle when I turned 16 was a 73 Chevy pickup that was school bus yellow. It had a 350 with a four barrel carb and loud exhaust. My dad told me recently because he wanted to make sure everyone on the road saw/heard me coming so that I wouldn't get hit. For years after I had the truck random people I had never met before would come up to me and say "Oh, your the guy that drives that big yellow truck?" All that to say, that is a great color for getting noticed.
I had a 71. Did you start off in 2nd gear!? I miss that truck...

Rojo

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT, Alto Blue, AWD Eco-Boost, Lux
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I had a 71. Did you start off in 2nd gear!? I miss that truck...
No, mine was an automatic, I did have two lows along with drive though. It was a beast

Maui

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Kia Soul Convertble
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

...so on, and so on, and

Ford Maverick Maverick colors ranked 1658882277640

AngloSoup

First Name
Anglo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Old Beater
Well, a lot of people don't get bold colors like Cyber Orange because they're worried about resale. Funny thing is, orange actually has a higher resale value than any other color. White, grey, and "safe colors" that people think will resell better actually have lower resale values that more bold colors.

That said, that's not why I'm going to go with Cyber Orange (if I go XLT instead of XL)... There are several reasons I would pick CO. I'm on the fence between XL and XLT but being able to get CO only on XLT is tilting the balance to me getting an XLT.

1) Safest color. Day, night, overcast, that color is visible, people aren't going to miss you on the road in their side view mirror. Yes, it's school bus color and school buses are that exact shade for a reason. All those grey variants are invisible on the road on a dull drizzly autumn morning.

2) It's unique. I like having a car that doesn't look like everyone else's. It stands out without being tacky or over the top. I can always quickly find my car in a parking lot.

3) I like it and think it's an attractive color on the Maverick. I mean, for most people this is reason #1 why they pick a color and it is important to me too. It's why I'm going CO instead of white. White is a pretty safe color too.

I like red too, but studies show cops pull over red cars more often... Anecdotally, when I had a red car I did get pulled over many times. Never have once in any of my other cars/trucks.
Sponsored