jsus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Escape Hybrid AWD 😉
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Are you mixing up AWD vs 4x4? Toyota and Ford both have several AWD hybrids. RAV4 Hybrid is AWD, there is an AWD Prius, AWD Ford Escape Hybrid, and so on.
RAV4 Hybrid is AWD only.

CR-V Hybrid was AWD through 2022, but for 2023 they now offer a less expensive FWD option. AWD is still available, of course.

Escape Hybrid offers AWD.

Corsair only gets PHEV, not a base hybrid, and is AWD only.

F-150 PowerBoost 4x4 is a thing.

Etc.
Sponsored

CuriousGary

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford C-Max Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Are you mixing up AWD vs 4x4? Toyota and Ford both have several AWD hybrids. RAV4 Hybrid is AWD, there is an AWD Prius, AWD Ford Escape Hybrid, and so on.
I thought the OP was referring to hybrid trucks.

icegradner

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I thought the OP was referring to hybrid trucks.
It was about AWD though, most trucks are RWD or 4X4. There are almost no AWD pickups, just the Maverick (ECO) and Honda Ridgeline, let alone any AWD hybrid trucks. The Tundra Hybrid and F-150 Powerboost are 4WD.

es7129

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Is there a AWD hybrid at this point? Are you talking about Toyota Tacoma AWD hybrid? A Tacoma hybrid is different than an AWD Taco hybrid.
No, there isn’t currently an AWD hybrid Maverick. The OP asked if we’d be interested in an Awd Maverick hybrid if it only cost an additional $2500.
In 2021 an AWD Maverick hybrid would have still been substantially cheaper than the least expensive AWD hybrid on the market at that time.
In 2021 a Tucson Hybrid Blue was about $30k

C-maxMark

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, c-max energi
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Few days ago I forgot the Chief Engineer Chris Mazur was having a AMA on reddit.

The was some good questions and answers the will help what people are to expect in 2023 and later on.

Regarding AWD- "Hi there! Thx for the question. There is nothing architectural preventing an AWD hybrid variant."
Regarding Plug in and full electric- At this time, there are no plans for an all-electric or plug-in hybrid version. As Ford drives down the cost to deliver fully electric vehicles, Maverick could be a great candidate for full electrification.

I for one was expecting more to see AWD before plug in happens. They could have made the crappiest plug in part of it so we could get tax credit for it. The government need to tax a look at regular hybrids for a tax credit if they want to get people in this stuff.
I WANT MY PHEV
Love my C-Max Energi and doubt I'm not the only one dreaming of a Maverick PHEV with the 11KW Escape battery configuration. And not only that, but I want an option to add more plug in battery packs in the bed; 1, 2 3 4 ... . Electrification is fine but we really want more EV range for local trips and keep the gas engine for long hauls.
OR... maybe an EV version with an optional bed mounted plug in gas generator to extend range. Mazda has a Rotary powered generator version of the CX-30 coming.
A modular PHEV would blow away any competition

Sponsored

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Plug in needs to be a big boost because our tags cost more for them
But you don't have to pay the fuel tax used for road repair. I don't know where Texas is currently but the target is to eventually adjust the tag fee based on miles driven in the prior year. They are phasing out annual inspections but the milage of vehicle is currently reported to state as part of current inspection.

OP
OP

marpolsdofer

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 Dodge Dakota 5.2L, 96 Geo Prizm 1.8L
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I WANT MY PHEV
Love my C-Max Energi and doubt I'm not the only one dreaming of a Maverick PHEV with the 11KW Escape battery configuration. And not only that, but I want an option to add more plug in battery packs in the bed; 1, 2 3 4 ... . Electrification is fine but we really want more EV range for local trips and keep the gas engine for long hauls.
OR... maybe an EV version with an optional bed mounted plug in gas generator to extend range. Mazda has a Rotary powered generator version of the CX-30 coming.
A modular PHEV would blow away any competition
I would like both. If I had to choose just one it would be a toss up.
I had 3 times where AWD would have nice. Better tires as well.
1. pulling my dads RWD truck pulling a trailer in muddy yard.
I was able to pull him cause we had a long enough strapping and chain to get my front wheels on pavement.
2. At work got a golf cart pulling a trailer assembly holding a empty 1000L sprayer tank with 3 phase motor and pump stuck in a mud pathway paralleling the bottom of a slope. We got it out but my truck was all over the place. We had to get on the slope grass but still all over the place but in the mud would have been done.
3. At work stuck battery powered forklift in gravel. That was a complete fail even giving it hard yanks. One of the workers beat up 4WD drive Honda ridge go it out.

Now a PHEV would be nice with a 30-40mi range.
I be right on the edge most of the time.

However with prices now. Not sure I would get another one.
Sponsored