paneubert

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XL/4K/AWD/CoPilot/CactusG/SlidingRearWindow
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Also as someone who knows nothing about exhaust, in those under carriage shots in the snow is it supposed to have so much sway in it? Seems like a recipe for broken hangers.
SAME! I saw that and was like.....uhh..... I am not a huge car/truck guy, but even I thought that looked a bit suspicious.
Sponsored

Allen King Jr

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 C-Max phev, 2006 Mercury Mariner, 2023 Mav XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So it's mostly FWD? Then why did everyone with FWD 4K towing have to get AWD.
Just my guess, I own a FWD Mercury Mariner V6 (Ford Escape), it has 200hp, 3500lbs tow rating, when loaded to max capacity, it is frustrating trying to take off on an uphill incline and not just roast the tires, like I said, just a guess but I have experienced situations that I wish I had the awd for towing.

Nw_adventure

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element/ Toyota Highlander
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Didn't know Mav had torque vectoring. Makes it even worse that the stock tire on the off-road package is barely an all season lol.
Yes I will be replacing mine on day 1 :)

cyberdog

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That's not a hybrid in the video...there's no high-voltage lines under the hood. - Reviewer is talking out his back side, if he's claiming it's an AWD Hybrid. Nor is there a AWD Hybrid currently being manufactured for public consumption. My guess is he's not super informed on the specs of the various models.

Some videos are claiming the 'Slippery Mode' on the FWD Hybrids are awesome, even carrying a load, the rear wheels on AWD are probably only engaged when specific modes are selected, otherwise are reactive to front tire spin with minimal torque sent the rear under normal circumstances to help fuel economy. (Just a guess, not having driven one., but even my '02 Envoy, the fronts only engaged with rear slip in A4WD mode). The torque management and anti-wheel slip is probably years better than the old Mariner, manufacturers have improved those systems considerably over the last 6-10 years.

rupzuk

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep, GMC, Harley
I call BS on the claim that it can transfer 100% of the power to the rear. 50% is more likely, as I've never seen a FWD based AWD system that could send all of the power out back.
Marketing slight of hand…
100% of available power to the rear is 50% of total vehicle power.
Or their spin on saying nothing is being held back.
the truck has no mechanism to disconnect or limit power to the front wheels.

Sponsored

Akuma72387

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shaun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yes I will be replacing mine on day 1 :)
I got lucky in my truck cause it came with good tries right from the factory. My Xlt Fx4 4k Awd Ecoboost came with Faulken Wildpeak AT3W tires on it and I have been driving it though all the storms up here in maine with no issues.

Nw_adventure

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element/ Toyota Highlander
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I got lucky in my truck cause it came with good tries right from the factory. My Xlt Fx4 4k Awd Ecoboost came with Faulken Wildpeak AT3W tires on it and I have been driving it though all the storms up here in maine with no issues.
Those are a $795 FX4 upgrade option but cool -

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 maverick xlt awd
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
About 50 seconds into the video, the narrator says that they are showing a hybrid with an all wheel drive system. Hybrid models do not have an all wheel drive system available to order. Is this something unique to models sold in Canada?
He actually sys "my non hybrid tester ran a 2L turbo 4 cylinder engine" probably most awkward way of describing the 2L eco-boost lol. nothing different up this far north than down south :)

Spook

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
He actually sys "my non hybrid tester ran a 2L turbo 4 cylinder engine" probably most awkward way of describing the 2L eco-boost lol. nothing different up this far north than down south :)
OK, I'll take your word for it. I have been all over down South here and I always have trouble with regional accents. Of course when we stay and talk to the people from where we grew up, no one has an accent.

Decayed

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
yes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I would like to know this as well. Everything I have read about my escape says that it can do 100 to the rear, but it's not really ever an official source.
I'd like to know more about how the AWD system works. It might be well within the range of function for the traction control system (or whatever system is applicable) to cut all power to the front while still powering the rear.

Sponsored

rlhdweman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
64 Caddy Fleetwood,73 Caddy Sedan,75 Eldorado Conv
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
2 reasons, the towing package has a bit lower gearing, which would cause easier wheel spin under load. Standard towing is 2000lbs, towing package is 4000lbs, its going to take a lot more to pull the extra ton & under hard acceleration the front drive trying to tow 4000lb would burn the tires off under full turbo power. I also believe there is some "sway control" involved with the AWD system.

Jasperw229

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jasper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick 22, Lariat fx4, 4k tow
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I didn't order my maverick so didn't know about that I bought mine from a dealership back in October
You got 4k towing package and it came with wildpeak tires?
You're the only person I've heard that got those two things together. I had to replace my tires myself :/

RicksMaverick

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rapid Red 2022 Lariat Lux 1$tED 4k AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

You got 4k towing package and it came with wildpeak tires?
You're the only person I've heard that got those two things together. I had to replace my tires myself :/
Not sure where my Wildpeaks came in, but I have1st Edition, Lariat Lux, AWD. Had Falken tires before and loved them.

BeeBro

First Name
Bee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer F150 & Maverick all 4wd
Great video from Driver.ca with input from Ford Canada / engineer that worked on it. If you enjoy technical details this is great

That’s cool, I didn’t know that about my awd. This truck is a long way from what I was raised on with points, Distributer and NO electronics other than a radio n many times those were self installed.
Sponsored