Sponsored

Wlbrn61

First Name
Wanda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Prius
I ordered an hybrid XLT lux/360 in August so hoping to see a build date soon. I too have considered cancelling and going with something else. An elk totaled my daily driver last August and I average about a 100 miles a day for work. I need a commuter and not really a truck (I already have an F250) , but every time I start looking at other vehicles nothing else comes close to the gas mileage, options, appeal or price for the money. Since I'm an August order I'm pretty sure I'll get my truck by this summer, but seeing all the folks who ordered in June and July that are still waiting for a build date is pretty depressing and I feel their pain. Like others I was told by the end of the year when I placed the order. Silly me for assuming they meant the end of 2021!
I ordered my Hybrid 8/13/2021 I received a notification 1/20/22 for a 3/14/22 build date then received 1/26/22 a 4/11/22 build date, last notification was 2/4/22 with a 3/28/22 build date. Received an order number and a VIN with the 1/20/22 notification. Still awaiting word if and when it will go into production
Sponsored

theway-yay-ting

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Honda CR-V, 2019 Kia Sportage
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I ordered my Hybrid 8/13/2021 I received a notification 1/20/22 for a 3/14/22 build date then received 1/26/22 a 4/11/22 build date, last notification was 2/4/22 with a 3/28/22 build date. Received an order number and a VIN with the 1/20/22 notification. Still awaiting word if and when it will go into production
What were the last five digits of the VIN?

DryHeat

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DryHeat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Patriot
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Granted, none of us know exactly how many orders Ford has, but I have to believe the number was FAR in excess of 45,000-50,000, which looks like the total number of MY22 Mavericks Ford will produce.
However, if you assume at least 100,000 orders on the books, and only 50,000 units being produced for a year, then 18 months is a very reasonable time frame.
So, the totals for the model year that we've been discussing in this thread won't change. You're still looking at roughly 60,000 Mavericks produced for MY22.
I'm a bit late to the party in this discussion, but I'm wondering how you came up with your MY22 production estimates. (45k, 50k, 60k)

The official production figures (see links in this post) show 33,722 produced as of the end of January. I don't know the figures for February, but your OP says we expect 5,400 for March "which is down from February" so I'm guessing you are pegging February at about 6,000.

With that assumption, that would be almost 40,000 produced before March even started. If you are assuming 5,400 per month for March-August, that would be another 32,000. So the total would be about 72,000 using your future production estimates.

I'm not saying you made those exact assumptions, or that I would make those assumptions. I'm just wondering what numbers you did use to come up with the 45,000 to 50,000 (or 60,000) range you are predicting.

beckerroth

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XLT Hybrid Area 51
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just for a cross reference. My VIN ends 61730 and is scheduled for build week of 4/11. XLT Hybrid with Luxury

Mymaverick2021

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steveo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just to put that in perspective, in March of last year Ford produced 84,043 F-150s.

So while I'm sure the Maverick is popular, the big problem is lack of productivity. If they were pumping out 84K Mavericks per month, we wouldn't have wait problems.
Well that #is Physically Impossible as they can only in the Best of times produce 800 a dayX30=24000 And thats in a perfect World

Sponsored

Tonycouture

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
At current production levels, it's not out of the realm of possibility to think it may take 18 months from order to delivery. Sad to say, but it is what it is. I'll likely ride it out as long as I can, as there is no other vehicle that seems as well suited to my needs and the extra time just gives me more opportunity to squirrel away money toward the truck, or save for an alternative vehicle should the need arise.
I totally agree, it sucks to wait so long, but I'm going stay optimistic. My first new truck ever and it also suits my needs. I ordered Nov of 2021, so we'll see what happens

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Breakout, 21 Road King Special, 22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thanks for getting back to me. The Ford Pass app doesn't do anything yet. I did check rail information because I do have a railcar number that my salesperson provided at my request after I had the ship date. Looks like it arrived in Nogales AZ on March 6th with no activity since.

I will be glad to get back with you once it has been delivered and let you know how our pricing turned out as well as our experience at the dealership. Best of luck to you!
Your Maverick is probably going through Customs to make sure the only thing coming across the border is Mavericks and nothing else! 😉 😆

JoeEd

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Glad you finally
Your Maverick is probably going through Customs to make sure the only thing coming across the border is Mavericks and nothing else! 😉 😆
Glad you finally got your build date. I stumbled on the Memes a couple of months ago and took the time to see each one. It was a fun journey watching everyone being so clever. Almost got to know different personalities by their postings. This site offers a lot besides information! Hope there are no hold ups for you.
JoeEd's wife,
Diane

JASmith

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Well that #is Physically Impossible as they can only in the Best of times produce 800 a dayX30=24000 And thats in a perfect World
Yup, but Ford already said that they will invest (something like $30 billion) in expanding production capacity to double F-150 Lightnings annual output, due to higher than expected demand. Seems the Maverick needs the same treatment. (y)

Awesemann

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 PT Cruiser
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Well here is what I ordered and was late to the game. It's a hybrid Lux 360. Ordered 11.4.21, dealer got the order in by 11.15.21 not sure why just before the cut off. But I may not be MY22 but I will stay with what I ordered and wait.

Sponsored

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Breakout, 21 Road King Special, 22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Glad you finally

Glad you finally got your build date. I stumbled on the Memes a couple of months ago and took the time to see each one. It was a fun journey watching everyone being so clever. Almost got to know different personalities by their postings. This site offers a lot besides information! Hope there are no hold ups for you.
JoeEd's wife,
Diane
Thank you! Yes, it's been a long strange journey that's for sure! I hope to see more June and July orders are scheduled when scheduling begins again. The meme thread certainly has been a great source of humor and for venting frustrations 🤣

Fish-n-Chips

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Ecoboost + 4K tow pack.
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Nothing happened for over 3 weeks now :(
Ford Maverick March Maverick Production - 5,400 Units 1647023124070

mb300

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Nissan Rogue and 2022 Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I notice your build: XLT with 360, no lux package. I have Lariat with 360, no lux package. It is beyond my comprehension why our vehicles with that combination are higher on the constraint list than trim models with lux and 360????????
I totally agree all the things we have been reading on this forum and the videos we have been seeing on you tube just do not add up we have very simple builds and we still cannot get our trucks scheduled. I am beginning to think we are being lied to or people just do not know what in the hell they are talking about.

mrchips0401

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.computerhope.com
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
One interesting tidbit from last night's YouTube live stream with @fordvideoguy was the number of Mavericks Ford intends to produce this month. Tim said it is 5,400 units, which is down from February and also down from a previously stated goal of 6,000.

As Tim noted in the video, if you assume roughly the same production level for the six months remaining in MY22, Ford will produce another 30,000-32,000 Mavericks before switching over to MY23 production.

Bottom line for guys like me who ordered in January: not optimistic about receiving a truck this year. Granted, none of us know exactly how many orders Ford has, but I have to believe the number was FAR in excess of 45,000-50,000, which looks like the total number of MY22 Mavericks Ford will produce.
Wed. This week confirmed my hybrid order (XLT, LUX,360 co pilot) order date 6/17/21 has been confirmed ‘built’ and awaiting shipping to dealer date. Austin. TX Was running short on positive news but looking up now….hang in there if you all can.

bill67

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I agree with you on that, Tim. There is absolutely ZERO reason to cancel an order. You have nothing to lose riding it out. Better to hold your place in line than leave and start over in the back. You can always decline your truck when it arrives (whenever that is), but if you give up, you'll never get that chance. Besides, dealers are never going to "cancel" the order anyway. They'll just take the truck when it arrives and sell to the highest bidder.

I find your comment from the Maverick brand manager interesting. If he's telling you the truth -- no reason to believe he isn't -- then perhaps Ford did not have the 80,000-100,000 orders everyone is assuming. Maybe it really is only 50,000-60,000 orders. But unless/until Ford lets that information out of the bag, we are all left to speculate...
What line
Sponsored