First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 Forester, honda Accord Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Look up L rail especially at US Cargo. Mac's is just one brand there are all kinds cleats at all price points. L track is used in cargo planes to tie down loads. It is cost effective and bomb proof.

Catlady6

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Avalon
From what I see on the 'Build Your Maverick' site, they don't appear to be available on the xl, and only as part of a package on the xlt and lariat.
They're included in my XLT Lux package.

deadeye

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus ST
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
There are 4x M8 threaded holes along this upper portion of the bedside on all Mavericks. No drilling necessary.
There is 4x M8's and also 2x M6 holes forward of that for a factory tie down bracket (not sure if this is a standard or optional one).

The DIY video says to cut extrusions to 30", but the photos i see with factory accessory rails are almost the whole length of the bed (longer than 30") and use the whole length of the inset area for the rails. Also the DIY video shows a square extrusion that sits proud of the recessed area, but the Ford one is a shallower depth that fits right in that recessed area almost flush.

So my plan is to remove the front 2x tie downs use all 6 bolt holes for a DIY full length accessory rail that takes advantage of the whole recessed area (like the fancy factory option ones). Why have a static tie down at the front, when I can always slide one up there on my custom rails. Also I want to find some extrusion that is about the height of the depression so its close to flush like the factory ones.

This FlexBed marketing graphic shows the F and E holes in the depression for the accessory rails. However its a bit inaccurate as it only shows 2x DIY threaded holes per side(F), and it shows the (E) holes for the tie downs at the front of the bed, but they are shown above the rail depression area, which does not match the actual photos where tie downs are bolted down in the depression/rail area.

https://media.ford.com/content/dam/fordmedia/North America/US/product/2022/maverick/pdf/2022-Ford-Maverick-FLEXBED-Graphic.pdf

Sponsored

Decayed

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
yes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Harbor freight has this e track system that could be adapted as a tie down bar. It seems to sit much flatter than the c track. Has removable anchors. Maybe not as heavy duty but cheap.

JRPhawk

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT
There is 4x M8's and also 2x M6 holes forward of that for a factory tie down bracket (not sure if this is a standard or optional one).

The DIY video says to cut extrusions to 30", but the photos i see with factory accessory rails are almost the whole length of the bed (longer than 30") and use the whole length of the inset area for the rails. Also the DIY video shows a square extrusion that sits proud of the recessed area, but the Ford one is a shallower depth that fits right in that recessed area almost flush.

So my plan is to remove the front 2x tie downs use all 6 bolt holes for a DIY full length accessory rail that takes advantage of the whole recessed area (like the fancy factory option ones). Why have a static tie down at the front, when I can always slide one up there on my custom rails. Also I want to find some extrusion that is about the height of the depression so its close to flush like the factory ones.

This FlexBed marketing graphic shows the F and E holes in the depression for the accessory rails. However its a bit inaccurate as it only shows 2x DIY threaded holes per side(F), and it shows the (E) holes for the tie downs at the front of the bed, but they are shown above the rail depression area, which does not match the actual photos where tie downs are bolted down in the depression/rail area.

https://media.ford.com/content/dam/fordmedia/North America/US/product/2022/maverick/pdf/2022-Ford-Maverick-FLEXBED-Graphic.pdf
I think that is a smart idea to eliminate the 2 tie downs and use all 6 bolt holes utilizing the whole length of the bed...

Meintc

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lynette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So to most of you here, this will be the dumbest question ever coming from someone who is ordering a truck, but here goes. What should a person use to tie something down in a truck so it doesn't go flying out of a bed? All I can think of is rope or bungie cords. Is there something better for someone who barely knows how to tie a shoe?

oljackfrost

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They're all sold, waiting for Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So to most of you here, this will be the dumbest question ever coming from someone who is ordering a truck, but here goes. What should a person use to tie something down in a truck so it doesn't go flying out of a bed? All I can think of is rope or bungie cords. Is there something better for someone who barely knows how to tie a shoe?
Load binder straps:

Ford Maverick Make your own Maverick bed tie-downs: DIY bed side rail tutorial by Ford IMG_0220.JPG

Meintc

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lynette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Sponsored

BMCGC

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
65/67 Mustang 22 Santa Cruz 23 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Edogg1

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep renegade desert hawk
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ford Maverick Make your own Maverick bed tie-downs: DIY bed side rail tutorial by Ford 0AA83645-A5B1-4B84-B3ED-544407FE8504

lembob

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XLT
Harbor freight has this e track system that could be adapted as a tie down bar. It seems to sit much flatter than the c track. Has removable anchors. Maybe not as heavy duty but cheap.
do you have any details on that? have you installed? looks like it would work, but im wondering about bolting it so the bed side...

Decayed

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
yes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
do you have any details on that? have you installed? looks like it would work, but im wondering about bolting it so the bed side...
Ok the harbor freight thing is an "E track", which is a sort of standard tie down rail system, but it's ugly because it's basically punched out of heavy sheet metal and has a serious "industrial" design vibe and not in a good way. SInce I posted that, I found something much better courtesy of another poster. It's much nicer looking. I will be using this stuff:

www.uscargocontrol.com/collections/Airline-Straps-Hardware

www.uscargocontrol.com/products/96-Airline-Style-Angled-Track-Aluminum

www.uscargocontrol.com/products/single-stud-fitting-w-stainless-steel-ring?variant=34693796659245

I don't have the truck yet. The rails will have to be cut to length then have the bolt hole locations measured, marked then drilled to match the exiting holes on the mav bed side wall.

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I've planned on doing this as soon as I get my build in. If possible, I'll probably make the rails longer though as I think the 30" length could be a little longer; at least if you go by the Ford offering in the options or lux packages.
HD here stocks 10ft. You can special order up to 20'. You can also order the aluminized rails but they are Xtra pricey ($90/10'pc I think). Powder coated white and green are also made. Check installers of electronic racking for these colors. Fittings are also made for standard colors. Some track is designed and made to be painted. (These types are pretty pricey). Different brands of course but search for "Unistrut" "Unistrut supplier", etc.
Sponsored