First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura TL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I hear you. But 2-2.5” would still keep it at over 6”. Most sedans like your Acura are under 5.
Agreed and thanks - That is what makes us Maverick owner so great - We understand each others opinions and don't go ballistic when someone states something that is not our cup of tea! I can't wait to be sitting adjacent to another Mav owner at a stop light and give each other a "Thumbs Up" or "Air Five"!
Sponsored

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Breakout, 21 Road King Special, 22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If you lower the truck, does that affect its ability for carrying the same weight capacity? I do like the look of a lowered truck, but I've always thought to it would negate the truck's carrying capacity.

Last edited:

FirstOnRaceDay

First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Mercury Grand Marquis LS
If you lower the truck, does that affect its ability for carrying the same weight capacity? I do like the look of a lowered truck, but I've always thought to it would negate the truck capacity.
as long as you get the proper load. How stuff the springs and struts are. That makes a far greater difference than suspension travel.

just Typically lowering springs have fewer coils. Thus TYPICALLY less strength.

as long as the springs are rated for the same weight as OEM. You will be fine.
(check the GVWR for each Axel /2 boom.

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
as long as you get the proper load. How stuff the springs and struts are. That makes a far greater difference than suspension travel.

just Typically lowering springs have fewer coils. Thus TYPICALLY less strength.

as long as the springs are rated for the same weight as OEM. You will be fine.
(check the GVWR for each Axel /2 boom.
That makes sense, Thanks for the info!!

Sponsored

motoretro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subie
I understand and agree with your reasoning, but where I come from, you want a truck to Look/Drive/Handle/Be a Truck! Once you lower it to "Low-Rider" level, it's not a truck any more, it's a pavement scraper!

I drive a normal Low Level car (Acura) now and the whole front face looks like crap, because I'm always scraping the front on driveways and curbs. I was very pleased when they announced that the Mav would have 8+ inches of ground clearance - No More Scraping!

To each their own!
I'm not talking Low Rider type of lowering. I'm talking dropping it to make it easy to enter, load, handle & ride better, usually 1-2". I think this will work well on the Maverick.

Just what is a truck suppose to look like? If it has a bed, it's a truck IMO.

We have several Contractors in town who are of a certain age, the age where you've tried and seen just about everything. All of these guys who are hands-on contractors, drive 2WD 1/2 ton trucks no newer than 2007, they won't give them up and keep them well maintained. They use these because the lower height allows them to load and get into the truck easily. Who wants to load 30-40 sheets of OSB or drywall up into a truck? In the late 1950's, truck manufacturers actually use to advertise that their truck was lower than the previous year in order to load it easier. I use my truck too much to deal with something that sits really high and rides and handles like a tank. I feel part of the reason for the Maverick's reservation success is due to the lower tailgate height, no steps needed to get into, good mpg and still offer some room in back.

Below is my current truck, 2013 Chevrolet 1500 2WD, only option is LSD. Does it look too low?, It's still too high for loading a motorcycle by myself at almost 70 years old. BTW, it's lowered 1.5" in the rear. Handles and rides better, much better in the snow due to weight distribution change. The load height is the reason I'm looking at the Maverick. Currently the dropped tailgate height is 3" above the Maverick. I have a couple neighbors who have the new, higher 4WD trucks, they also both have utility trailers to haul their stuff behind their Truck, they stated the truck sits too high to easily load into.

Ford Maverick Lowering springs for Maverick IMG_0001.JPG

Last edited:

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm not talking Low Rider type of lowering. I'm talking dropping it to make it easy to enter, load, handle & ride better, usually 1-2". I think this will work well on the Maverick.

Just what is a truck suppose to look like? If it has a bed, it's a truck IMO.

We have several Contractors in town who are of a certain age, the age where you've tried and seen just about everything. All of these guys who are hands-on contractors, drive 2WD 1/2 ton trucks no newer than 2007, they won't give them up and keep them well maintained. They use these because the lower height allows them to load and get into the truck easily. Who wants to load 30-40 sheets of OSB or drywall up into a truck. In the late 1950's, truck manufacturers actually use to advertise that their truck was lower than the previous year in order to load it easier. I use my truck too much to deal with something that sits really high and rides and handles like a tank. I feel part of the reason for the Maverick's reserve success is due to the lower tailgate height, no steps needed to get into, good mpg and still offer some room in back.

Below is my current truck, 2013 Chevrolet 1500 2WD, only option is LSD. Does it look too low?, It's still too high for loading a motorcycle by myself at almost 70. BTW, it's lowered 1.5" in the rear. Handles and rides better, much better in the snow due to weight distribution change. The load height is the reason I'm looking at the Maverick. Currently the dropped tailgate height is 3" above the Maverick. I have a couple neighbors who have the new, higher 4WD trucks, they also both have utility trailers to haul their stuff behind their Truck, they stated the truck sits too high to easily load into.

IMG_0001.JPG
I agree with what you're saying about a lower tailgate height! I had a '08 F150 with a long bed, bought in mind to load my Harley in the back when necessary. Well the first I had to it was when I realized just how high that tailgate really was and how much of a PIA it was going to be with my ramps! Thankfully, there was a 1.5 -2' deep drainage ditch in my front yard that I could back my truck into that really dropped the tailgate height down to a reasonable height. I did this little trick every time I had to load a heavy or bulky item. The lower bed/tailgate height on the Maverick is just another "checked" item on my list of what I like about this truck. Lowering the Mav another 1-2" is definitely on my list of future mods, especially now that I'm nearing 60 and my knees creak a lot more under heavy loads!

Shay

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Someone will offer them you can count on it. We will see at the SEMA Show in October if any of the aftermarket suppliers are quick to have them ready by then. I would say keep an eye on Eibach and H&R Springs.

Sponsored

Mav

First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat Maverick
I want to see if Bilstein makes their PSS line of coilovers for the Maverick. I think this truck will need a little more adjustment to get sitting right. I don’t think a simple spring swap is going to be ideal.
A quality adjustable suspension is well worth the investment.

FirstFord

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Jetta
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Someone will offer them you can count on it. We will see at the SEMA Show in October if any of the aftermarket suppliers are quick to have them ready by then. I would say keep an eye on Eibach and H&R Springs.
One of the photos in the SEMA measurement session thread showed someone measuring the spring constant on a force vector spring.
I expect we'll see aftermarket springs soon.

Rkbrumbelow

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
HCH2, Hybrid XLT on order
Have never considered lowering a truck until now but I think the Maverick could look real good lowered.

Ford Maverick pickup lowered lowering springs.jpg

Vroooom

You are someone who obviously did not grow up reading “mini trucking” or surrounded by hydraulics.

mine of the many great things about DFW in the 70-90’s was the complete inundation of society with multiple cultures. We had the born Texans, the Texicans, Argentinians, Persians, Yankees, Damn Yankees, and everyone else. It was as common to see a slammed s-10 as a fully lifted F350 and both could light up light a Christmas tree, though only the smaller could dance to UGK.

Lest we forget the 80’s and minitrucking

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You are someone who obviously did not grow up reading “mini trucking” or surrounded by hydraulics.

mine of the many great things about DFW in the 70-90’s was the complete inundation of society with multiple cultures. We had the born Texans, the Texicans, Argentinians, Persians, Yankees, Damn Yankees, and everyone else. It was as common to see a slammed s-10 as a fully lifted F350 and both could light up light a Christmas tree, though only the smaller could dance to UGK.

Lest we forget the 80’s and minitrucking
Yes, I'm one of those who miss that mini-trucking crazy since I was stationed in England when it was going on. I have seen around town, Tucson, some really cool looking trucks that have been lower and I think the Maverick will look really good lowered.
Sponsored