Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Interested in this also

motoretro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subie
I’m guessing the rear springs will be the issue.
I believe it depends on if you purchase the FWD or AWD. The AWD should not be a issue as it uses normal coil springs at the rear, if you don't get too crazy, I'm sure the aftermarket will be able to produce something, perhaps even Ford. The FWD will be different as it uses Force Vectoring rear springs. These are designed to work with the specific type of axle used on the FWD Maverick. My guess is altering the rear springs or replacing them altogether, may result in less than desirable ride/handling. While I'd like to see a 1-2" lowering of the vehicle, I'm hesitant until more information becomes available.

Sponsored

OP
OP

graesack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Frontier
I believe it depends on if you purchase the FWD or AWD. The AWD should not be a issue as it uses normal coil springs at the rear, if you don't get too crazy, I'm sure the aftermarket will be able to produce something, perhaps even Ford. The FWD will be different as it uses Force Vectoring rear springs. These are designed to work with the specific type of axle used on the FWD Maverick. My guess is altering the rear springs or replacing them altogether, may result in less than desirable ride/handling. While I'd like to see a 1-2" lowering of the vehicle, I'm hesitant until more information becomes available.
We agree. I wasn’t clear that I was referring to FWD.

FirstOnRaceDay

First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Mercury Grand Marquis LS
WHY would you want to lower the Maverick? IMO - that would completely ruin the look of the truck. Again JMO.
make it more street truck friendly. I want the same thing. 2” -3” lower. Like the Old GMC Syclone. Street sport truck. Tired of all these over sided Carolina squat tires past the fenders ugly monsters running around.

Ford Maverick Lowering springs for Maverick 60E987D8-0599-4091-B3F2-478F2197EE86

Sponsored

FirstOnRaceDay

First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FWD Maverick has a 8.3” ground clearance.
AWD had a 8.6” clearance.
large Sedans (Taurus, Charger, Impala) have a 5+“ clearance. So yes. 2.5” lowering kit would be IDEAL!

Xtreme Thunder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Toyota
Yup, if an ST trim level was offered, I would have probably opted for such, as long as the content was the same as my Lariat + Lux package.

motoretro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subie
WHY would you want to lower the Maverick? IMO - that would completely ruin the look of the truck. Again JMO.
For me the lowering of the Maverick would put icing on the cake. It makes it easier to load the back or lean over the side to put something in the box. It may actually benefit the MPG, be easier to get into and just plain looks Kool. As I'm in Michigan, I have to watch just how low I go otherwise that white stuff in the Winter makes driving a pain. IMO, the new truck heights have really got out of hand, requiring steps or running boards just to get in. I don't see the manufacturers making these standard.....:whistle:

Last edited:

sdr.speng

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura TL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I understand and agree with your reasoning, but where I come from, you want a truck to Look/Drive/Handle/Be a Truck! Once you lower it to "Low-Rider" level, it's not a truck any more, it's a pavement scraper!

I drive a normal Low Level car (Acura) now and the whole front face looks like crap, because I'm always scraping the front on driveways and curbs. I was very pleased when they announced that the Mav would have 8+ inches of ground clearance - No More Scraping!

To each their own!

FirstOnRaceDay

First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I understand and agree with your reasoning, but where I come from, you want a truck to Look/Drive/Handle/Be a Truck! Once you lower it to "Low-Rider" level, it's not a truck any more, it's a pavement scraper!

I drive a normal Low Level car (Acura) now and the whole front face looks like crap, because I'm always scraping the front on driveways and curbs. I was very pleased when they announced that the Mav would have 8+ inches of ground clearance - No More Scraping!

To each their own!
I hear you. But 2-2.5” would still keep it at over 6”. Most sedans like your Acura are under 5.
Sponsored