Lowering springs for Maverick

Rkbrumbelow

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
HCH2, Hybrid XLT on order
Yes, I'm one of those who miss that mini-trucking crazy since I was stationed in England when it was going on. I have seen around town, Tucson, some really cool looking trucks that have been lower and I think the Maverick will look really good lowered.
may so you cannot donate blood either. (Those of us who lived in the UK in the 80’s were potentially exposed to Variant CJD aka mad cow disease and so are barred from blood and tissue donations)

a lowered Mav would be impractical for me, but I think you are right, it is potentially a great platform for playing with in that way.

I can see it rolling in to a lot and dropping on its rails before raising the bed to reveal a massive speaker array and starting a routine.
Sponsored

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Breakout, 21 Road King Special, 22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
may so you cannot donate blood either. (Those of us who lived in the UK in the 80’s were potentially exposed to Variant CJD aka mad cow disease and so are barred from blood and tissue donations)

a lowered Mav would be impractical for me, but I think you are right, it is potentially a great platform for playing with in that way.

I can see it rolling in to a lot and dropping on its rails before raising the bed to reveal a massive speaker array and starting a routine.
Wow! You are spot on with the Mad Cow, no blood donation from me!! Of course don't forget to add in the nice dusting from Chernobyl!!
I'm certainly going to look into lowering my Maverick, but I think I'll skip the massive speaker array, I've already "donated" a lot of my hearing thanks to working around the "sounds of freedom" for 26 years!

Rkbrumbelow

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wow! You are spot on with the Mad Cow, no blood donation from me!! Of course don't forget to add in the nice dusting from Chernobyl!!
I'm certainly going to look into lowering my Maverick, but I think I'll skip the massive speaker array, I've already "donated" a lot of my hearing thanks to working around the "sounds of freedom" for 26 years!
You mean our ears are not supposed to ring 24/7/365?

I remember when the Berlin Wall fell. And to this day I have a definite difficulty saying the word 5 as anything other than “not four” (sounds too much like fire).

A Semper Paratus from me to you and yours (Dad would have said Semper Fidelus, Grandads HOOYAH! Or airborne airborne all the way).

If you see me running, you should try and keep up.

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You mean our ears are not supposed to ring 24/7/365?

I remember when the Berlin Wall fell. And to this day I have a definite difficulty saying the word 5 as anything other than “not four” (sounds too much like fire).

A Semper Paratus from me to you and yours (Dad would have said Semper Fidelus, Grandads HOOYAH! Or airborne airborne all the way).

If you see me running, you should try and keep up.
I called the tinnitus help, but it keeps ringing!! :ROFLMAO: I never understood what I had until I saw one of those AFN "commercials" explaining what tinnitus was! Oh that's what that sound is!! Thanks!!
Yes, the fall of the Berlin Wall was momentous points of history and I'm glad I was in Europe when it happened. It was great to visit Berlin years later and see it all for myself.

SgtLip

Banned
Banned
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lexus ES300h Ultra Luxury
I called the tinnitus help, but it keeps ringing!! :ROFLMAO: I never understood what I had until I saw one of those AFN "commercials" explaining what tinnitus was! Oh that's what that sound is!! Thanks!!
Yes, the fall of the Berlin Wall was momentous points of history and I'm glad I was in Europe when it happened. It was great to visit Berlin years later and see it all for myself.
THANK YOU for your Service.

Sponsored

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

TruckGuySC

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
For me the lowering of the Maverick would put icing on the cake. It makes it easier to load the back or lean over the side to put something in the box. It may actually benefit the MPG, be easier to get into and just plain looks Kool. As I'm in Michigan, I have to watch just how low I go otherwise that white stuff in the Winter makes driving a pain. IMO, the new truck heights have really got out of hand, requiring steps or running boards just to get in. I don't see the manufacturers making these standard.....:whistle:
I don’t think it looks cool… usually makes me chuckle to myself… but to each his own!

SgtLip

Banned
Banned
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lexus ES300h Ultra Luxury
I don’t think it looks cool… usually makes me chuckle to myself… but to each his own!
I'm 66 years old and I think it looks COOL.
BUT, I would never do it to my truck. I have wanted to but haven't. The reason is quite simple:
  1. The material is not cheap
  2. I wouldn't know what to buy or how many
  3. I wouldn't be able to do it unless I spent a dump truck full of money on the tools and equipment to do it
  4. I'd have to pay someone to do it which drives cost even higher
  5. Results: I wouldn't know if it was done correctly because I don't know anything about it.
BUT I do think it is cool looking.

TruckGuySC

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
I'm 66 years old and I think it looks COOL.
BUT, I would never do it to my truck. I have wanted to but haven't. The reason is quite simple:
  1. The material is not cheap
  2. I wouldn't know what to buy or how many
  3. I wouldn't be able to do it unless I spent a dump truck full of money on the tools and equipment to do it
  4. I'd have to pay someone to do it which drives cost even higher
  5. Results: I wouldn't know if it was done correctly because I don't know anything about it.
BUT I do think it is cool looking.
I went to college in LA… more often than not, low riders were driven by drug dealers and were usually adorned with tacky aftermarket trim pieces from Pep Boys.. 😆

Sponsored

Rkbrumbelow

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I went to college in LA… more often than not, low riders were driven by drug dealers and were usually adorned with tacky aftermarket trim pieces from Pep Boys.. 😆
Ford Maverick Lowering springs for Maverick E17F2EB7-EAEB-4562-A4AD-CC4E6F331836
Ford Maverick Lowering springs for Maverick 4F53FB70-8737-4A62-B6DF-FC1381E78F0F

The pimp nation welcomes its newest member

Seriously though, it how we knew a taqueria was legit. If every vehicle was a low rider or asphalt muncher, it was probably legit for getting good street tacos (this was pre taco truck days) otherwise we were stuck with Dos Pesos or Taco Cabana

TruckGuySC

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 VW Jetta wagon TDI
I am looking forward to being able to lower mine just a bit nothing crazy. Most of my past trucks have been lowered from the factory. SRT10 Ram, GMC Sylone, S10 SS. I really wish the will make a Maverick ST. I think the Maverick would look good with a 1"2" drop. 1" front 2"rear.
Sponsored