First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I still haven't been scheduled yet, but I can try to help you find a car. How long would you need it for?
We would need it for two full days. We wont book anything until we have the rear springs in hand, Ill be sure to reach out when we are ready to bring one in.
Sponsored

Guymon72

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Frontier, KTM SuperDuke GT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
hopefully by summer, someone will have a 2/3 kit for the awd.

cannon

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL awd
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I believe it depends on if you purchase the FWD or AWD. The AWD should not be a issue as it uses normal coil springs at the rear, if you don't get too crazy, I'm sure the aftermarket will be able to produce something, perhaps even Ford. The FWD will be different as it uses Force Vectoring rear springs. These are designed to work with the specific type of axle used on the FWD Maverick. My guess is altering the rear springs or replacing them altogether, may result in less than desirable ride/handling. While I'd like to see a 1-2" lowering of the vehicle, I'm hesitant until more information becomes available.
I'm considering a 1" rear drop to level my AWD instead of a 1" lift up front. I'm hoping someone is planning the same, seems simple enough but this is both my first AWD and first new vehicle so I'm hesitant to be a guinea pig.

Sponsored

cannon

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL awd
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I understand and agree with your reasoning, but where I come from, you want a truck to Look/Drive/Handle/Be a Truck! Once you lower it to "Low-Rider" level, it's not a truck any more, it's a pavement scraper!

I drive a normal Low Level car (Acura) now and the whole front face looks like crap, because I'm always scraping the front on driveways and curbs. I was very pleased when they announced that the Mav would have 8+ inches of ground clearance - No More Scraping!

To each their own!
My favorite vehicle ever was my uncle's 94 f150 lightning. No pavement scraper but lowered level muscle car stance. Still a truck, we hauled quads and towed Thumper, our flake metallic green ski boat with a Pontiac 454 with it. But with so much available power and great handling, just plain fun to drive anywhere, that feel is what I'm after. A 1" Drop in the rear to level my AWD with a tune and exhaust is as close as I can come for now.

Stoopid313

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat awd eco
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I’ll probably lower my Maverick or opt for the ST if that ever becomes a reality.
I lowered my F-150 3/4 and added a sway bar. It handles 100% better than stock and it will still haul anything I need.
Ford Maverick Lowering springs for Maverick F8B0C852-EAB4-4853-9C97-120E8C03969A

Horizon62

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Philip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm not talking Low Rider type of lowering. I'm talking dropping it to make it easy to enter, load, handle & ride better, usually 1-2". I think this will work well on the Maverick.

Just what is a truck suppose to look like? If it has a bed, it's a truck IMO.

We have several Contractors in town who are of a certain age, the age where you've tried and seen just about everything. All of these guys who are hands-on contractors, drive 2WD 1/2 ton trucks no newer than 2007, they won't give them up and keep them well maintained. They use these because the lower height allows them to load and get into the truck easily. Who wants to load 30-40 sheets of OSB or drywall up into a truck? In the late 1950's, truck manufacturers actually use to advertise that their truck was lower than the previous year in order to load it easier. I use my truck too much to deal with something that sits really high and rides and handles like a tank. I feel part of the reason for the Maverick's reservation success is due to the lower tailgate height, no steps needed to get into, good mpg and still offer some room in back.

Below is my current truck, 2013 Chevrolet 1500 2WD, only option is LSD. Does it look too low?, It's still too high for loading a motorcycle by myself at almost 70 years old. BTW, it's lowered 1.5" in the rear. Handles and rides better, much better in the snow due to weight distribution change. The load height is the reason I'm looking at the Maverick. Currently the dropped tailgate height is 3" above the Maverick. I have a couple neighbors who have the new, higher 4WD trucks, they also both have utility trailers to haul their stuff behind their Truck, they stated the truck sits too high to easily load into.

IMG_0001.JPG
Had an S10 for 23 years. Perfect bed height. Bought a new Colorado, kept my S10 gave it to my son. Colorado did not work out for same reasons you mentioned above. Sold Colorado 4 days ago with 21000 miles on it and ordered a Maverick last week. Never owned a Ford before. Hope it works out.

AnchorChain

First Name
Brock
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 XLT, 2019 Rav4
We will see if demand changes, from the polls and mix they are producing it makes sense right now. Good news is it would just require rear springs
definitely a vote for an AWD lowering kit here!

awscheetz

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm wanting more than most. The guys that have bag kits go to 7" drop bolting Ion bag kits. And was told they get a 7" drop. And it's still not touching the ground.

In that aspect. I'd like a 4" drop possibly 5"

Sponsored

Maveriac

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT AWD, Ford F150 Lariat 4WD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Here is my justification for lowering my Maverick. Our local auto repair shop is Martin Automotive in Talty, Texas. In October they completed a lift on a GMC 2500 4X4. Finished at 13 Feet to the top of the cab at the highest point. We measured and if I lower my Maverick 2 Inches then I can drive under it from side to side. Now that is Texas Cool !

Deleted member 6242

Canyon Racer in TX has already lowered his Maverick using Escape H&R Lowering springs. Check out his thread: H&R Lowering Springs Installed From Escape w/ Part Number & New Pics

catinthebathtub

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
haas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 GT 350, 60 VW, 34 pickup and porsches....
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Eibach has started developement on lowering springs for the FWD applications, specifically the Ecoboost (Hybrid will be as soon as we get a vehicle). Im looking at targeting 2" front lowering and 3.5" rear lowering to keep it level (has 1.5" of rake factory).
any progress? i can be a beta tester and get them on and aligned and send feedback!

MAC_Detail

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
any progress? i can be a beta tester and get them on and aligned and send feedback!
Still just waiting on the rest of the PT springs, as soon as those come in we will test fit and do ride validation. Given our current schedule, it looks like we are still a couple months out with the rear springs.

catinthebathtub

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
haas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 GT 350, 60 VW, 34 pickup and porsches....
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Still just waiting on the rest of the PT springs, as soon as those come in we will test fit and do ride validation. Given our current schedule, it looks like we are still a couple months out with the rear springs.
darn, but thanks for the update. fyi, i had eibach's on my mazda3 i traded in for the maverick and eibach's on the mustang GT i traded in on the mazda. i use 2.5" eibach race springs and have dozens of sets on the raceshoppe shelves for track cars. keep me in mind!
Sponsored