Sponsored

Looking for opinions - 23 Lariat Hybrid I can get now or 24 Lariat Hybrid in December.

Waterick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Mav Lariat, '14 Prius, '83 'Stang, more...
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I guess I hadn't even factored the possible insurance difference, thank you for pointing that out! I thought wraps on vehicles were like 4-7 thousand, if it is 500-1000 I'm down for that! Thanks again for your opinion!
Your state pers property taxes should be lower too for every year you have it vs. one a year newer!
Sponsored

MoveOver

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Area 51 was a popular color, and since it is now discontinued for 2024, it will be rare and might add value at resale time. Colors do grow on you. Didn't care for the orange accents in the XLT but got used to it. I do have an area 51.

BradnChristine

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU; 2019 MX-5; 2023 & 2024 Mavericks
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Your WS looks fine. Another thing missing from the 2024 will be the heated wipers, if you care. I think that and the already-mentioned keypad are the only real Lariat changes.

GyroRon

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-250 Lariat, 2019 Mazda CX9, tons of bikes
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I would wait on the 24. It would only be a few more weeks, so not a big deal.

You would be gaining a sunroof, a bed liner, and the better color. And you will be in a vehicle that is one model year newer going forward, which will translate to better resale value down the road when your tired of the truck and want to sell it or trade it in for something else. Taxes and insurance would be similar on either truck.

Also like others have mentioned, double check that the 23 has BOTH co pilot options.... Cause if it doesn't, it won't have things like the adaptive cruise and lane centering system. The 24 comes with it standard.

Mav_RICK

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Area 51 is a good color that matches well with the Lariat interior. You live in a cold climate and this 23 has everything you need and for less money. If it has assist, I would not waste any time and snatch that baby up. I got a 23 in late July and it doesn’t feel old at all. Why would a truck purchased 4 months later feel old? That’s silly.

Sponsored

Ozarkbeard

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 XL CP360
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

...just cleaned up the Pilot right now gonna see if there is any local interest before I see what low ball offer I'll likely get at the dealer.
First, get quotes for the Pilot online at CARVANA, Carmax, etc. Print and take the highest one with you to the dealer for bargaining.

TomD

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Cherokee Trailsport
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

So I found a dealership with a 23 Lariat Hybrid in Area 51 flavor. Has everything I'd want and more honestly. Lux package, floor liners, remote start, block heater, splash guards, 360 and assist, bed mat, no spray in liner. Selling right at MSRP $34,655. The thing is Area 51 isn't exactly my favorite color but I'd deal with it. Otherwise I'd consider it fairly rare to find and was surprised it wasn't gone already. I put a $500 deposit/hold on that till the end of the week.

I also have a 24 Lariat Hybrid Cactus ordered from another dealer but required nothing down and still have no build date or anything (ordered Oct 11th). I think that build was around $36,600~

However I found another dealer that has a delivery date around the first week of December which is essentially exactly the same as my order but has a moonroof (don't mind if it does or doesnt) but roughly the same cost and willing to sell at MSRP as well.

So I was just wondering if the good people here would tell me their opinion which is the better buy. I am more compelled to the 23, because as far as I know I gain the windshield de-icer and a few extra goodies but lack of the spray in bed liner. So $2000 for basically a color I like, a spray in bed liner, and a moonroof I could take or leave, and lose the de-icer which I find value in because I live in South Dakota. Oh and I can get the 23 right now instead of waiting. I dont particularly care about waiting, I just don't want to continue to put miles on or drive the 2018 Honda Pilot I have because it isn't very great on gas. This will likely be my trade in assuming I can get a decent trade, or possibly private party.

My father seems to think the 24 is better as he feels it will have better resale if and when I go to get something newer.

If anyone has an insight feel free to comment. I have till the end of the week to pull the trigger the 23.

Anyways, thanks in advance everyone!
I am sort of in the same boat. I have a 23. I like the truck and except for some weird sounds and chatters it has been great.
I bought the 23 off of the lot because it was exactly what I wanted. My original order became a 24. Per the order tracking the truck is built and working its way from Mexico to Detroit. My current truck is Alto blue which I really like the truck in route is Atlas blue. I like the color just not as much as the Alto blue,
I would kind of like to have two of the Mavericks. My wife doesn’t want to give up her Jeep yet so one needs to go.
If Ford had kept the Alto blue I would buy the 24 when it shows up.
I am spoiled by the fuel economy. I have probably gone too far with it. I am always experimenting with different routes to see how my mileage is affected. The longer and flatter is the best. Hills negatively impact my fuel consumption. Sometimes a lot,.
Anyone that is a true flatlander could really benefit from the hybrid as long as they don’t get carried away with speed.
So anyway I to have a decision to make.

ClemsonU88

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick; 2022 Ford Bronco Sport
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I guess I hadn't even factored the possible insurance difference, thank you for pointing that out! I thought wraps on vehicles were like 4-7 thousand, if it is 500-1000 I'm down for that! Thanks again for your opinion!
Glad to give my opinion and that something I said might have helped/encouraged someone else.

My manager's son wraps cars, and I think he charges $2k-$3k, so I figured I could find someone doing it on the side for $1,000. When I found out the Cyber Orange wasn't really orange, I looked at how much wrapping costs. I think I found some sites that had it for $250-$300 for enough to cover my truck.

For $4,000-$7,000, you might as well have it painted. :)

Johnkn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, Viper, 66 Shelby, 68.5 CJ Mustang, Pantera
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Plus you could always pay $500-$1,000 and put a wrap on it and have the exact color you want.
He's not quality wrapping a Maverick for $500-$1000 LOL

ClemsonU88

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick; 2022 Ford Bronco Sport
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
He's not quality wrapping a Maverick for $500-$1000 LOL

Really? I don't know much about wrapping except the few hours I researched it a year ago. The wrapping I looked at seemed like it was quality, though how do you really know if you've never done it before?

The salesman I bought my truck from said wrapping is really only good for 4-5 years, because it tends to get nicks in it from every day usage and it can fade from the sun. If that's true, paying $4,000-$7,000 seems like a colossal waste of money.

Sponsored

gwrace14651

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I would factor in a years worth of depreciation on the 23 if that is important to you. In looking at the 24 Maverick owners manual there is an option for deicing the wipers. Is that different from the 23 models?
Ford Maverick Looking for opinions - 23 Lariat Hybrid I can get now or 24 Lariat Hybrid in December. 1700074439946

BradnChristine

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

FJM

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So I found a dealership with a 23 Lariat Hybrid in Area 51 flavor. Has everything I'd want and more honestly. Lux package, floor liners, remote start, block heater, splash guards, 360 and assist, bed mat, no spray in liner. Selling right at MSRP $34,655. The thing is Area 51 isn't exactly my favorite color but I'd deal with it. Otherwise I'd consider it fairly rare to find and was surprised it wasn't gone already. I put a $500 deposit/hold on that till the end of the week.

I also have a 24 Lariat Hybrid Cactus ordered from another dealer but required nothing down and still have no build date or anything (ordered Oct 11th). I think that build was around $36,600~

However I found another dealer that has a delivery date around the first week of December which is essentially exactly the same as my order but has a moonroof (don't mind if it does or doesnt) but roughly the same cost and willing to sell at MSRP as well.

So I was just wondering if the good people here would tell me their opinion which is the better buy. I am more compelled to the 23, because as far as I know I gain the windshield de-icer and a few extra goodies but lack of the spray in bed liner. So $2000 for basically a color I like, a spray in bed liner, and a moonroof I could take or leave, and lose the de-icer which I find value in because I live in South Dakota. Oh and I can get the 23 right now instead of waiting. I dont particularly care about waiting, I just don't want to continue to put miles on or drive the 2018 Honda Pilot I have because it isn't very great on gas. This will likely be my trade in assuming I can get a decent trade, or possibly private party.

My father seems to think the 24 is better as he feels it will have better resale if and when I go to get something newer.

If anyone has an insight feel free to comment. I have till the end of the week to pull the trigger the 23.

Anyways, thanks in advance everyone!
I think you know the answer, you said it all in the first paragraph, that's probably the one.

Jeff D.

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Maverick Lariat & Jeep Renegade
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

BradnChristine

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The link does say it was dropped, but in looking at my '24 build it does show the windshield wiper deicer as included in the Lariat luxury package. Odd.
I notice that the wipers are not listed on my 2023 Lariat Lux window sticker, and I've not checked them yet to see if they are there. My 2024 is still about 60 days away. Guess I have to buy it to see what's in it.
Sponsored