Sponsored

Looking for opinions - 23 Lariat Hybrid I can get now or 24 Lariat Hybrid in December.

Moosehead87

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Pilot - 24 Maverick Lariat Hybrid Order
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I think after much deliberation I have chose the 23. Thank you all for helping and I appreciate all of your feedback, concerns, and helpful inputs to make my choice much easier! I think the 23 is gonna be all i need and more compared to paying more for just a color...so to be its not worth it. Take care and I'm sure ill be around posting my mods or other things! Happy to be so close to joining the group!

So I found a dealership with a 23 Lariat Hybrid in Area 51 flavor. Has everything I'd want and more honestly. Lux package, floor liners, remote start, block heater, splash guards, 360 and assist, bed mat, no spray in liner. Selling right at MSRP $34,655. The thing is Area 51 isn't exactly my favorite color but I'd deal with it. Otherwise I'd consider it fairly rare to find and was surprised it wasn't gone already. I put a $500 deposit/hold on that till the end of the week.

I also have a 24 Lariat Hybrid Cactus ordered from another dealer but required nothing down and still have no build date or anything (ordered Oct 11th). I think that build was around $36,600~

However I found another dealer that has a delivery date around the first week of December which is essentially exactly the same as my order but has a moonroof (don't mind if it does or doesnt) but roughly the same cost and willing to sell at MSRP as well.

So I was just wondering if the good people here would tell me their opinion which is the better buy. I am more compelled to the 23, because as far as I know I gain the windshield de-icer and a few extra goodies but lack of the spray in bed liner. So $2000 for basically a color I like, a spray in bed liner, and a moonroof I could take or leave, and lose the de-icer which I find value in because I live in South Dakota. Oh and I can get the 23 right now instead of waiting. I dont particularly care about waiting, I just don't want to continue to put miles on or drive the 2018 Honda Pilot I have because it isn't very great on gas. This will likely be my trade in assuming I can get a decent trade, or possibly private party.

My father seems to think the 24 is better as he feels it will have better resale if and when I go to get something newer.

If anyone has an insight feel free to comment. I have till the end of the week to pull the trigger the 23.

Anyways, thanks in advance everyone!
Sponsored

Last edited:

cfm

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Cindy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Lariat hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I know this sounds too simple, but I would buy the one you really like. Get the color you want. You’ll enjoy driving it more because it is what you want. Plus you can admire it when you aren’t driving it 😊

damnclose

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Dodge Caravan, 2002 Chevy Silverado 4X4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So I found a dealership with a 23 Lariat Hybrid in Area 51 flavor. Has everything I'd want and more honestly. Lux package, floor liners, remote start, block heater, splash guards, 360 and assist, bed mat, no spray in liner. Selling right at MSRP $34,655. The thing is Area 51 isn't exactly my favorite color but I'd deal with it. Otherwise I'd consider it fairly rare to find and was surprised it wasn't gone already. I put a $500 deposit/hold on that till the end of the week.

I also have a 24 Lariat Hybrid Cactus ordered from another dealer but required nothing down and still have no build date or anything (ordered Oct 11th). I think that build was around $36,600~

However I found another dealer that has a delivery date around the first week of December which is essentially exactly the same as my order but has a moonroof (don't mind if it does or doesnt) but roughly the same cost and willing to sell at MSRP as well.

So I was just wondering if the good people here would tell me their opinion which is the better buy. I am more compelled to the 23, because as far as I know I gain the windshield de-icer and a few extra goodies but lack of the spray in bed liner. So $2000 for basically a color I like, a spray in bed liner, and a moonroof I could take or leave, and lose the de-icer which I find value in because I live in South Dakota. Oh and I can get the 23 right now instead of waiting. I dont particularly care about waiting, I just don't want to continue to put miles on or drive the 2018 Honda Pilot I have because it isn't very great on gas. This will likely be my trade in assuming I can get a decent trade, or possibly private party.

My father seems to think the 24 is better as he feels it will have better resale if and when I go to get something newer.

If anyone has an insight feel free to comment. I have till the end of the week to pull the trigger the 23.

Anyways, thanks in advance everyone!
I would go with 24. The 2023 is going to look a year old when you go to sell it. Like 3 years from now go to sell 2026 when you go to sell 2023 will look 3 years old, 2024 would look 2 years old. That's my take good luck.

CTYankee

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.catvert68.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
You can do the SIBL aftermarket, so consider that a wash. You don't care about the moonroof, so leave that out of the decision. That basically brings you to one available now with a feature you can't get on the other two but that will have clear value in your neck of the woods. The tradeoff is color.

Are you willing to lose the deicer and spend more money to get a color you like better? The answer to that question should make the decision pretty clear.

Sponsored

ClemsonU88

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick; 2022 Ford Bronco Sport
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If color matters, I'd be patient and get what you really like IF you plan to keep this long term. I've NEVER gotten a vehicle in my favorite color and have never really cared.

Normally I'd go with the older vehicle, because everything is cheaper: MSRP, insurance, parts, add-ons, and such. MSRP & insurance being the two biggest ones.

If I was in your shoes, I'd go for the '23 and pick it up tomorrow. As YazYaz said, "A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush."

Plus you could always pay $500-$1,000 and put a wrap on it and have the exact color you want.

OP
OP

Moosehead87

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Take the 23 tomorrow.

- "A bird in the hand..."

- The miles you are adding to your current is losing you money when you sell it

- A moon roof is worthless
I agree with this, just cleaned up the Pilot right now gonna see if there is any local interest before I see what low ball offer I'll likely get at the dealer. Thanks for your opinion!

OP
OP

Moosehead87

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I know this sounds too simple, but I would buy the one you really like. Get the color you want. You’ll enjoy driving it more because it is what you want. Plus you can admire it when you aren’t driving it 😊
That is very true, I guess for me I think I *can* live with the AREA 51 and use the money I save on a tonneau cover (BAK X4S) and other little doodads here and there. Honestly I'd love it if avalanche was a color option for hybrids. Thank you for sharing your opinion!

Last edited:
OP
OP

Moosehead87

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I would go with 24. The 2023 is going to look a year old when you go to sell it. Like 3 years from now go to sell 2026 when you go to sell 2023 will look 3 years old, 2024 would look 2 years old. That's my take good luck.
True true but I guess to me it won't be as bad since my 23 will likely be lower miles on average as I'd be picking it up late 23. It is something to consider though, so thank your for your opinion!

Reactions: cfm

BradnChristine

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU; 2019 MX-5; 2023 & 2024 Mavericks
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just a word to consider.... Make damned-sure it does have Copilot 360 AND Copilot 360 Assist. Lots of mis-ordered 2023 Lariats with one Copilot package ($650) and missing the Assist ($750).

Ford Maverick Looking for opinions - 23 Lariat Hybrid I can get now or 24 Lariat Hybrid in December. 1700006932110

Sponsored

Enchalada

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Compass
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Take the maverick if you need it now.. if not wait for the '24, built to how you want.

OP
OP

Moosehead87

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You can do the SIBL aftermarket, so consider that a wash. You don't care about the moonroof, so leave that out of the decision. That basically brings you to one available now with a feature you can't get on the other two but that will have clear value in your neck of the woods. The tradeoff is color.

Are you willing to lose the deicer and spend more money to get a color you like better? The answer to that question should make the decision pretty clear.
What does a aftermarket SIBL generally run as far as cost? I guess it isn't necessarily a have to have but I do like the idea of it more than just a bed mat. I also forgot about one addition the 23 has over the 24 without adding it, the door lock unlock keypad! I personally enjoy that too (my father has had it on virtually all the F150's he has had).

Ya for me right now I'm thinking the 23 suits my wants much more than the 24 and I will just learn to love the color lol 😆. Anyways, thank you for your opinion as well, helpful to lay out all considerations.

OP
OP

Moosehead87

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If color matters, I'd be patient and get what you really like IF you plan to keep this long term. I've NEVER gotten a vehicle in my favorite color and have never really cared.

Normally I'd go with the older vehicle, because everything is cheaper: MSRP, insurance, parts, add-ons, and such. MSRP & insurance being the two biggest ones.

If I was in your shoes, I'd go for the '23 and pick it up tomorrow. As YazYaz said, "A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush."

Plus you could always pay $500-$1,000 and put a wrap on it and have the exact color you want.
I guess I hadn't even factored the possible insurance difference, thank you for pointing that out! I thought wraps on vehicles were like 4-7 thousand, if it is 500-1000 I'm down for that! Thanks again for your opinion!

OP
OP

Moosehead87

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Take the maverick if you need it now.. if not wait for the '24, built to how you want.
I am generally just looking at the $2000 gap and not seeing much to value and in fact losing some options. Just trying to see what others opinions are and I appreciate you contributing!

OP
OP

Moosehead87

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just a word to consider.... Make damned-sure it does have Copilot 360 AND Copilot 360 Assist. Lots of mis-ordered 2023 Lariats with one Copilot package ($650) and missing the Assist ($750).

1700006932110.png

Been very careful to check after my first encounter almost buying one without! This is the sticker on the 23!

Thank you for making note of that too!

Ford Maverick Looking for opinions - 23 Lariat Hybrid I can get now or 24 Lariat Hybrid in December. Screenshot_20231114_182117_Drive
Sponsored