First Name
Stevie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT, Hybrid, White
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have a 2023 loaded Lariat hybrid and the truck has rear parking sensors but no front sensors. For $35K, how can Ford miss this convenience and safety feature? And, has anyone installed an after-market version?
Sponsored

fossil

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 SVT Cobra Mustang, HPR Lariat Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

ianjay

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick Lariat Hybrid , 2008 Ford Ranger
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I wasn't allowed to order a Lariat Hybrid (either the dealer was dumber than dirt or it was because I was in Canada), so I went with an XLT. 13 months later when the XLT arrived, I decided to try again and was able to order a Lariat Hybrid because I really wanted the rear sensors.

Investigating if sensors could be retrofitted to my XLT, I was told no by several different people due to having to reprogram the vehicle to do something it was not built to do. I doubt front sensors can be added if indeed the people weren't just blowing smoke about adding it to the rear.

TwoTone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tig
Engine
Undecided
Let's complain about every feature that's missing, then complain that it cost too much as well.
FYI you have to step up to the 45k Ridgeline to get it. Not available on the Santa Cruz.

Best shopping advice I can give you is, if you want a loaded Pickup, don't buy the one that is built to hit the lowest MSRP in its class.

Sponsored

icegradner

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I wasn't allowed to order a Lariat Hybrid (either the dealer was dumber than dirt or it was because I was in Canada), so I went with an XLT. 13 months later when the XLT arrived, I decided to try again and was able to order a Lariat Hybrid because I really wanted the rear sensors.
If you first ordered in 2021 or the first half of 2022 for a MY22 unit, before orders for MY23 began in the fall, the Hybrid was not available in the Lariat trim in Canada. This was official via Ford Canada's build and price pages. I would have ordered one if I could have.

TNFurb

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Bronco Sport OB ‘24 Mav Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I miss having the front parking sensors too. Ford also doesn’t put them on the Bronco Sport top trims either. The main times I miss them are in a parking lot where there’s a light pole cement base that is not visible I end up not pulling far enough into the parking space.

Oscarcat

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Lariat, Lexus NX 300 Chrysler PT Cruiser 5 spd
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have a 2023 loaded Lariat hybrid and the truck has rear parking sensors but no front sensors. For $35K, how can Ford miss this convenience and safety feature? And, has anyone installed an after-market version?
I have the same feeling in my 24 Lariat hybrid. I keep expecting to hear the sound of warning sensors as I head towards a light post or wall when parking. I am surprised the same radar/adaptive cruise tech that activates the forward collision warning can't be used for parking at low speeds.

Suzukiridr14

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1956 THunderbird , 2016 Acura MDX (Wifes car)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

MarcoG

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C-Max Energi PHEV, Maverick Lariat Hybrid DEC2023
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Same here. Ordered a 22, asked for every option. Somehow the 360 assist left off (weirdly got 360 but they left off the assist), and no rear sensors. I'd love to have sensors. The rear camera is not super accurate when backing as to distance. The sensors are in my other Ford. Front nice, but rears way more usefully important IMO.

Sponsored

cyberdog

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Those rear sensors are priceless when backing out blind from between two tall vehicles, and you're unable to see what's coming....they sure do, and the truck will beep it's head off to let you know there's something there.

Haven't toyed with the adaptive cruise yet, as I've always hesitated using cruise control. Wife uses it on her Subaru all the time, so eventually I'll get used to having & using it. Given the tall hood-line, front sensors for parking or using the lidar(?) sensor for distance would be nice, although I've pretty much adapted and can pull within 6 inches without fear of hitting the other vehicle.

Samus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Haven't toyed with the adaptive cruise yet, as I've always hesitated using cruise control. Wife uses it on her Subaru all the time, so eventually I'll get used to having & using it.
This is my first vehicle with it, and I can never go back. ACC is the best. It's not perfect, but its GREAT.

fossil

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 SVT Cobra Mustang, HPR Lariat Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
trash all the wiring and ugly bumper sensors and trade it for one camera in the grill
Sponsored