First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I don't want the Ford tune because part of the cost is getting it CA compliant and it's just a 91 octane tune. It's also pretty conservative overall.

Give me a 93 octane tune, I don't care about emissions compliance.

you don’t really have to worry about that stuff. Ford Performance says right on the ordering site that it’s for off road use only so that means they probably don’t care about emissions tests. Also CA doesn’t allow for ANY ECU modification anymore so it won’t be CA legal at all
Sponsored

MaverickAngler

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Do Mountune and Ford still kind of work hand in hand? That would probably be my first choice followed by Ford because I’m getting old and I don’t want to troubleshoot or fix my own stuff anymore

Brsbill

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 sta
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have had a dozen or so tunes on different vehicles. By far the best and safest is a road tune. They sit in the passenger's seat and tune for real world driving engine and tranny

Brsbill

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 sta
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Five star tuning should have a tune very shortly. At least according to customer rep

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I don't want the Ford tune because part of the cost is getting it CA compliant and it's just a 91 octane tune. It's also pretty conservative overall.

Give me a 93 octane tune, I don't care about emissions compliance.
Duh if you are driving a wifi equipped vehicle regardless of whether you have activated your personal portion of the service or not the chip can and probably will report to the cloud what and how it's doing through the nearest cell tower. If not directly reporting which chip is controlling I'm sure it can be readily determined some parameters so it may be impossible to hide that it's not running 91 octane programming. Etc. If octane police are nearby the Webb could turn on a pop-up on their computer.

Sponsored

austinzone

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
considering the time bombs the previous ecoboosts were id likely only get a Ford tune while under warranty - and sell the truck before the warranty is up (unless of course the engines end up being actually reliable this round.

Brian_J

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 R6, HPR Maverick AWD 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
considering the time bombs the previous ecoboosts were id likely only get a Ford tune while under warranty - and sell the truck before the warranty is up (unless of course the engines end up being actually reliable this round.
Timebombs?

Brsbill

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 sta
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Fords echo boost 2.0 is a much more refined than 1st gen. gen 2 added more efficient turbo upgrade oiling sytem and fuel management that plagued fusion,mustang,tourus.

austinzone

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Timebombs?
the 2015-2019 ecoboost motors (1.5, 2.0, and i think 2.3) were derived from the Mazda partnership but a different take on the motors. ford however fucked up and did some idiotic thing with the cylinder design which allowed for multiple engines to let coolant leak into the cylinder. this in turn would cause high pressure steam and would blow the headgasket or with tuned engines - pop a hole out of the block.

it was so bad that Ford has had to issue a recall on those engines.

2019+ has a redesigned EcoBoost that no longer has that cylinder design - but we and the 2019+ model year EcoBoost owners are the guinea pigs.

IMHO most manufacturers wouldnt run into these engines if they just over built them. if the target is 275hp - build the thing to handle 500hp and it probably wont break at 275hp.

Brsbill

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 sta
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It seems strange thinking ford had a 4cyl turbo 20 years ago that could handle it.

Sponsored

dalola

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sunsetridgecabinhockinghills.com
Vehicle(s)
F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Also hoping Livernois steps up with a Maverick tune. Coming from a 2.7 F150 with a LMS 93 perf tune, I'm totally spoiled. Stupid quick for a Supercrew 4x4 full size truck.

I would expect something around 270HP/300TQ with a "safe" 93 perf tune. 300HP might be doable with some additional mods. Low 5's 0-60 would be fun. My 2.7 F150 did 4.6 0-60 in 4x4. & E-lock. 🤠

STARCOMMTREY1

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, Ultra Classic, Versa Note and soon to be Mav
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Piggyback is a half assed way of tuning. They have inherent issues that tunes don’t. Most common being harness problems. And using guesswork in terms of data.
Diesels had to quit using piggy back tunes due to all the issues

Reactions: Mav

RGoose85

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford maverick
So I’m trying to map out my tune process. Going to keep this one simple. A tune, drop in filter, and possibly intercooler and downpipe. Looking for a 300hp+/300tq+ end result.
Im not new to turbos and cars. I’ve built a few and broken many.

Who are you guys going to for tunes when you get your Mavericks? What are you expecting as far as power?

please spare me the: “
I dOnT nEeD aNY mOrE pOweR thAn oEm… YoUr gUnNa bLoW yUr mOToR!”

Nobody needs that kind of negativity.
I will wait and see if Ford drops one so the warranty wont be compromised. If they dont I will wait and see after the warranty is up.
Sponsored