A Dodge that drives Fords

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Taurus Ford Ranger
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Has anybody thought about a performance chip. Always wanted to try one but don't know if they really work.

Sponsored

D K

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Colorado, M3, Corvette
As I mentioned in another thread, it will be interesting to see who is the first to drop in the 2.3 crank…..
15% bump in torque is a great way to start.

DrDoom

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
HPR XLT and Cyber Orange XLT 2022 Ford Mavericks
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So I’m trying to map out my tune process. Going to keep this one simple. A tune, drop in filter, and possibly intercooler and downpipe. Looking for a 300hp+/300tq+ end result.
Im not new to turbos and cars. I’ve built a few and broken many.

Who are you guys going to for tunes when you get your Mavericks? What are you expecting as far as power?

please spare me the: “
I dOnT nEeD aNY mOrE pOweR thAn oEm… YoUr gUnNa bLoW yUr mOToR!”

Nobody needs that kind of negativity.
I have a 2016 Focus ST And I have RS Filter Box, a Mishimoto Intercooler and 3 inch Catback exhaust along with a Turbo Smart blow by valve. (The Blow By valve on the turbo is a cheap piece of plastic, rubber and a spring.) Also on the ST Ford added sound Imposer into the cabin (big joke) so I put sound imposer delete on, it frees-up space and decreases vacuum lose. Along with colder plugs. ST started with 253 hp and 273 lb torque, now I am getting 292 hp and 303 torque. This is without a tune. If you change your cold air Induction you will need to change the hot side and cold side pipes to and from the intercooler. You will also need a tune as you are changing the amount of air to fuel ratio. By changing the things I changed I increased my power without voiding my warranty. (also other than the exhaust I can put all the oem parts back on.) Ford only recognizes their performance tunes for warranty purposes.

Just remember the colder the air at the intake makes more power and less exhaust pressure lets the engine breath better.

Last edited:

93tilInfinity

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

LongshotXL

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL
Burger Tuning already has a compatible JB4 we can buy. I’m very tempted (ran one on my Golf R and it worked flawlessly with great customer support) but don’t really want to be the guinea pig. 😃

https://burgertuning.com/products/jb4-for-2019-ford-ranger-2-3l-ecoboost?_pos=1&_sid=4964b9a5f&_ss=r

They will have install photos up in a couple of weeks.
I use JB4 on my Stinger GT...it is awesome!

That being said, is their Ranger 2.3 tuner same for Maverick 2.0?

Dueces

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 AWD Maverick XL, 2004 Insight Turbo
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I ran a X4 on my 2018 F150 with 5 Star tuning tunes, and was very satisfied with how they performed. The E50 tune, resonator delete, and drop in AEM Dryflow Filter resulted in an 11.96@111mph quarter mile, in a Crew Cab 4x4.

I still have the X4 so when 5 Star has the tunes, I'll be going with them. Judging from the research I have done, 280whp/330wtq is what I am guessing I will end up with. Just a guess though....

I plan to make my own downpipe, intake, and catback, and have everything tuned again through 5 Star. There are plenty of F-150 tuners that may also jump on the Maverick platform as well, and that will just be added Icing on the cake!
Sponsored