deadeye

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus ST
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I was unfamiliar with most Leitner stuff, but after digging around I'm so impressed with both their product and with Ford's engineering. Ford went ahead and pre-drilled holes for the rear support struts, so installing a piece like this should be insanely easily and not require a bit of modifications.

This rack will be perfect for me to throw kayaks and canoes on, and I'll most definitely pick up a few accessory bins to pop in and out whenever I need.

Screen Shot 2021-08-11 at 10.07.07 PM.png
I was just going to ask where do the rear supports bolt, and do I need to drill. I hate breaking factory paint and e-coat.

Can anyone confirm that this it will indeed bolt to existing threaded weld nuts?
Sponsored

deadeye

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus ST
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Well, because there's no post holes/slots on the top of the bed walls, it would either be boring post holes for a typical rack and a regular cover or a tonneau cover that somehow rolls/folds around the posts mounted on the inside bed wall. Later seems complex...
The best option would be for rack to sit on the bed rail, and reach down with a bracket to hit several T-slot style sliding nuts in the extruded accessory rail that is bolted into factory threaded bosses in the bed. This seems the most secure way to attach any bed cover or rack.

TCK

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jetta Sportwagen
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The Leitner is beautiful. Probably way too much for the 2 kayaks I need to haul, but man it is pretty

J_Garn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Edge
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I was just going to ask where do the rear supports bolt, and do I need to drill. I hate breaking factory paint and e-coat.

Can anyone confirm that this it will indeed bolt to existing threaded weld nuts?
I asked Mr. Leitner this specifically and he confirmed it's a 100% bolt-on system into the three pre-set hole, no drilling or modifying whatsoever.

Sponsored

atomguy245

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet Bolt EUV, Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm just looking at the color of the truck. I may need to switch

Big Kahuna

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I was unfamiliar with most Leitner stuff, but after digging around I'm so impressed with both their product and with Ford's engineering. Ford went ahead and pre-drilled holes for the rear support struts, so installing a piece like this should be insanely easily and not require a bit of modifications.

This rack will be perfect for me to throw kayaks and canoes on, and I'll most definitely pick up a few accessory bins to pop in and out whenever I need.

Screen Shot 2021-08-11 at 10.07.07 PM.png
I wonder if that mounting position will interfere with getting sheets of plywood in on top of the wheel wells using the tailgate in that modified position?

FortyFiveNorthoods

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat FX4 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I wonder if that mounting position will interfere with getting sheets of plywood in on top of the wheel wells using the tailgate in that modified position?
Most definitely. I wish they would of put the angled braces at the head of the bed.

J_Garn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Edge
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I imagine they put the brackets in the back because the front crossbar is in a fixed position to give the frame rigidity. The rear crossbar is able to slide front/back to give to full vertical access to the bed, thus needing the bracket for stability.

J_Garn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Edge
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Most definitely. I wish they would of put the angled braces at the head of the bed.

Did some more snooping - looks like even with something mounted in the three holes (not sure what's actually mounted in that spot), you can still get at least 3, maybe even 4, sheets of plywood or drywall. I was tempted to go with the Yakima rack since I could build that cost into the vehicle loan. However this pushed me back to going with the Leitner rack. Just such a good design, and is spec'd out to hold much more weight, as well.

Ford Maverick Leitner Rack for Maverick previewed at SEMA garage Screen Shot 2021-10-05 at 8.09.23 PM

Sponsored

clavicus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Are there some popular rack + bed cover systems that might come to the Maverick? Or are those usually mutually exclusive?

J_Garn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Edge
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Are there some popular rack + bed cover systems that might come to the Maverick? Or are those usually mutually exclusive?
I'm not super familiar with all the aftermarket options, but Leitner (and other manufacturers) do make a rack meant to pair with ReTraxx and Pace Edward covers, if that's the direction you're interested in.
Ford Maverick Leitner Rack for Maverick previewed at SEMA garage ARY_1.2_66db9862-ba08-40e2-9122-4e8fd1aab6ca_1080x

Or you could go with a bed cap w/ rails

Ford Maverick Leitner Rack for Maverick previewed at SEMA garage apisj4nu7__92388.1602181408
Sponsored