Sponsored

Leaning XL Hybrid for August order

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 F-150 Lariat SuperCrew
Leaning XL Hybrid for August order. Velocity Blue. FullSize Spare. Soft Folding Tonneau Cover. Tailgate Spoiler and FITS Accessory Pack. Able to keep it below $23K. Will be an awesome fuel saving work truck for DFW driving and crappy traffic.
Sponsored

Jim D

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Prius, Tacoma
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

The xl hybrid is an excellent vehicle. It is quietly efficient and for trucking use is adequate. You will enjoy the economy and on average it should get about 40 mpg. The xl’s virtue is its simplicity.

Scupking

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Maybe the xl will have a few more add on options for 23. I originally ordered a xl hybrid but switched to an xlt.

OP
OP
Raging_Patriot80
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maybe the xl will have a few more add on options for 23. I originally ordered a xl hybrid but switched to an xlt.
That would be awesome, especially if by chance Ford added cruise control. Or even make Co-pilot standard across the trim lines. Either way Co-Pilot is not critical for me since I've never owned a vehicle with BLIS or Lane Keep. I drove a Jeep Compass as a service loaner. It had lane keep and scared the crap out of me. I turned it off as quick as I could. For cost-effectiveness I couldn't justify the extra markup just to go to the xlt. Even as an Excel model I thought it was fairly well equipped. I mean I do plan on putting CAL-TREND "Leather"(probably imitation leather) seat covers. Never had heated seats, so not missing it.

Scupking

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That would be awesome, especially if by chance Ford added cruise control. Or even make Co-pilot standard across the trim lines. Either way Co-Pilot is not critical for me since I've never owned a vehicle with BLIS or Lane Keep. I drove a Jeep Compass as a service loaner. It had lane keep and scared the crap out of me. I turned it off as quick as I could. For cost-effectiveness I couldn't justify the extra markup just to go to the xlt. Even as an Excel model I thought it was fairly well equipped. I mean I do plan on putting CAL-TREND "Leather"(probably imitation leather) seat covers. Never had heated seats, so not missing it.
I hope they don't add co-pilot. So many horror stories. Not just from Ford but other manufacturers. I'm happy I had the option of not getting it! Every Maverick still has emergency breaking. That's good enough for me.

Sponsored

Maverick2023

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Rav4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I hope they don't add co-pilot. So many horror stories. Not just from Ford but other manufacturers. I'm happy I had the option of not getting it! Every Maverick still has emergency breaking. That's good enough for me.
what's wrong with the co-pilot?

Scupking

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
OP
OP
Raging_Patriot80
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I spoke with my local dealer this evening and surprisingly he didn't even know about the order banks opening on August 15th. He did inform me that my soft tonneau selection might cause a delay when I do order. I'm not gonna remove it though. I'll take the delay if there is one. He did also let me know that the dealership (AutoNation Ford South Fort Worth) is not applying any dealer markup and doesn't require a deposit to order a custom vehicle order. That to me was awesome. Especially since so many dealers are marking them up.

OXHB619

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Clayton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XL EB 2.0
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I spoke with my local dealer this evening and surprisingly he didn't even know about the order banks opening on August 15th. He did inform me that my soft tonneau selection might cause a delay when I do order. I'm not gonna remove it though. I'll take the delay if there is one. He did also let me know that the dealership (AutoNation Ford South Fort Worth) is not applying any dealer markup and doesn't require a deposit to order a custom vehicle order. That to me was awesome. Especially since so many dealers are marking them up.

Careful with Autonation in Texas, I know more than mine have a mandatory add on like paint protection, ceramic, tint, etc around $1k.

mcc63303

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sold 22 Hybrid XL now 24 Hybrid XL, 57 Chevy 454ci
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Leaning XL Hybrid for August order. Velocity Blue. FullSize Spare. Soft Folding Tonneau Cover. Tailgate Spoiler and FITS Accessory Pack. Able to keep it below $23K. Will be an awesome fuel saving work truck for DFW driving and crappy traffic.
Make sure to get the CoPilot 360 so you get the power mirrors. One can add Cruise Control without much cost by changing the steering wheel switches and programming modules. Also easy to add a power tail gate lock.

Reactions: HTX
Sponsored

Espeer

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 focus, 2003 expedition
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I spoke with my local dealer this evening and surprisingly he didn't even know about the order banks opening on August 15th.
That's a bit of a red flag, imo. If last year has taught us anything, it's that you want an informed dealer. Find one that has their shit together so that you know your order goes in correctly in the first few minutes of the system going live.

DeeZee

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Hybrid XLT Luxury Package
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Originally I wanted an XL hybrid for the cost but quickly jumped to the XLT primarily for the power side view mirrors and a few other goodies. My wife will jump in the vehicle to run errands and adjusting the mirrors would be a PITA for her.

Last edited:

OleFordGuy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Lariat, Expedition Limited, 22 Mav Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Make sure to order the trailer hitch option factory installed, only around $100 or so.

Reactions: HTX

JakRussll

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid & 2023 HD Duramax
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Careful with Autonation in Texas, I know more than mine have a mandatory add on like paint protection, ceramic, tint, etc around $1k.

I told my dealer not to tint the windows or touch the paint on my Mav (if I ever get it that is). I want to do a ceramic after market seal and any add-on sealant to the paint will have to be removed. Whether or not I decide to do it is still to be seen. Regardless, it gets me out of the 'mandatory' upcharge - else they have some tap dancing to do. I can get quality tinting (with a 10 year warranty) done for less than $300.
Sponsored