Elduchey

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 3
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I've driven in California a number of times and the motorcycle riders can scare the ever loving crap out of you when you are not expecting it. I suspect it leads to some pretty horrific accidents at times.
Got a chuckle on my commute yesterday.
I see this one particular guy on a sports bike every day splitting lanes very aggressively and if he feels that you dont give him enough space he will flip you off and rev his loud ass bike to the moon. Yesterday I was two lanes over and heard this guy coming from behind. Sure enough, he got up between two cars and started revving that poor bike to the redline. Well, the bike decided it had had enough of that shit and POP! Blew his engine and had to park it on the inside median.
I'm sure I'm not the only person that drove home with a smile after that.
Sponsored

SpencerK

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Spencer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Regal TourX
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yes, you can on the Lariat. I choose to use the "calm screen". Too much information when I'm trying to concentrate on the craziness on the roads in CA. For many drivers the driving procedure is to go as fast as you can until you run up on the car in front, hit the brakes and tailgate until you can pass (left or right, makes no difference), leave a foot of clearance as you pull in front of them and proceed as fast as you can. Repeat.
I see you live near me, sorry!

Hennessy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick carbonized grey Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Those guys give the rest of us a bad name. I split lanes, well used to as Colorado doesn't allow it. But I wouldn't go over 5mph then traffic, and never between 2 cars at full highway speed. Then again in the bay most freeway traffic was down to 30mph most times.

Got a chuckle on my commute yesterday.
I see this one particular guy on a sports bike every day splitting lanes very aggressively and if he feels that you dont give him enough space he will flip you off and rev his loud ass bike to the moon. Yesterday I was two lanes over and heard this guy coming from behind. Sure enough, he got up between two cars and started revving that poor bike to the redline. Well, the bike decided it had had enough of that shit and POP! Blew his engine and had to park it on the inside median.
I'm sure I'm not the only person that drove home with a smile after that.

TheGriffin1313

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mongo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Mav, 05 M3, 07GSXR
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
California most notably
One of the few things that we are still free to exercise in this loopie state.
Keep Eye out for Mongo as I split lanes with a furry.

Ford Maverick Lariat Owners with the bigger digital display cluster 1650908334779

Ford Maverick Lariat Owners with the bigger digital display cluster 1650908399692

Loud pipes save lives

Sponsored

davidalexispr

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT AWD FX4 4KTow
Yep. I do that all the time. Just dug this old photo up to show an example.

20220202_185635_HDR.jpg
How in hell did you put that background in there? LOL It looks like there's a different system installed on the Lariat than on my XLT FX4 (I have the big screen because of the FX4)

FE Hyb. 710

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus
Isn't that the truth. It's as if they believe they have some sort of super protector bubble around themselves. Fact is they will lose in any contact with a vehicle or the asphalt. Shredded meat. Gruesome thought, but enough to keep me off a bike.
My son has lived in LA for the past 3 years. I drove from PA to LA with him when he moved there in 2019. The first time I experienced lane splitting it scared the heck out of me! I thought it was just a random reckless driver, but then I found out it was legal. We have some craziness her in PA, but nothing like that. I had the same thought as you, they lose big time in any collision. Be careful out there!

Reactions: Dad

Naranjita

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
NAH-RON-EE-TAH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
How in hell did you put that background in there? LOL It looks like there's a different system installed on the Lariat than on my XLT FX4 (I have the big screen because of the FX4)
When you scroll through the shift modes and stop in Mud/Ruts, yours doesn't turn brown with the scenery in the background?
Sponsored