PNWMaverick

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
'22 hybrid clocking almost 45,000 miles. A lot of time on the coast. No issues. At least none that I know of.

AzureBlueBill

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick Lariat / 1969 Dodge Dart GTS
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My 22 FX4 with only 10k miles is having a birthday at the end of the month 2 years old and looks like the day I picked it up, my only concern is the muffler, it had light rust on it 2 years ago and not getting any better. Unfortunately it will make the 3/36 but not much longer.
We have had 2 very very mild winters no salty roads and live 5 miles from the ocean.
Pretty sure the exhaust system is covered under a much longer warrany. 5/50 or maybe even 6/60.

And it is probably just surface rust anyway, or just discoloration. The entire exhaust system is stainless steel. That does not mean it'll never look rusty.

TorqueWrenchUSA

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03' VDC Outback wagon, 97' zoom zoom Miata
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
No issues on my end. Got mine November of 23'. I sprayed a good bit of surface shield underneath and in the rockers along with making an aluminum plate for the captain side tail light to block crap from getting up there. I did notice after all the leaves fell that they accumulate in the rockers just behind the front wheels. Popped off the rocker guard and pulled a good bit of crud out. The soaked it all in surface shield for good measure. May make a screen for the wiper cowl this year to block leaves and other small bits from getting down in there as easily.

The only major rust concerns I have are the front knuckles, front half shafts, and driveshaft. As they're all look like burnt fried chicken fingers after 1.5 years. Wish they painted them from factory.

Sponsored

fossil

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 SVT Cobra Mustang, HPR Lariat Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Capermike

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT Maverick, Escape SE Hybrid AW, Ford Fusion AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My 22 XLT has gone thru three Canadian Maritime winters no body rust, but I did have to replace the rear brake rotors that turned to dust.

Last edited:

Montana

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Not yet!

I mean, it's not a Tacoma... amiright?

James K

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Now that some Mavericks have been through a few winters, does yours have any rust? Especially interested in hearing where if you have any rust on any body panels.

I posted a similar thread last September but I thought I would ask now that we've been through another winter.
I'm in Fl right on the Gulf and my 22 has no rust I can find.

PNWMaverick

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My 22 XLT has gone thru three Canadian Maritime winters no body rust, but I did have to replace the rear brake rotors that turned to dust.
The Maverick and Bronco Sport both have a problem with the rear brakes. We are currently trying to work it out with our service center on our Maverick as they aren't behaving properly. The service center is giving pushback on it - first time they have done so.

Sponsored

Capermike

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT Maverick, Escape SE Hybrid AW, Ford Fusion AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Pretty sure the rear pads were defective on mine, dealer just kept saying it was normal wear, the center 80% of the pad never seated properly to the rotor like the pad material in the center was to soft, by the time I decided to looks at closely my self the the pad were almost completely gone, and the rotor surface was so corroded it started flaking off, this was at only 18000km. I replaced with quality coated rotors and ceramic pads, they are holding much better.

Terrenceyao

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Terrence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cactus grey 2022 hybrid maverick XLT lux
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I’ve got a little rust spot on the edge around the windshield. Possibly from a rock strike. I have to figure out how to keep it from spreading. I’ll put up a pic later on today.

LSchicago

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 99 E150 Clb Wgn, 23 Mav XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

looks just like the Honda Ridgeline
Looks like every other vehicle on the road. Unpainted surfaces get surface rust. Not all surfaces need paint. Surface rust will not affect a spindle, even after 50 years.

Terrenceyao

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Terrence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cactus grey 2022 hybrid maverick XLT lux
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I’ve got a little rust spot on the edge around the windshield. Possibly from a rock strike. I have to figure out how to keep it from spreading. I’ll put up a pic later on today.
Ford Maverick Is your Maverick Rusting? IMG_8568
Ford Maverick Is your Maverick Rusting? IMG_8569

vinnymac

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Note to all most vehicles are aluminum and doesn’t rust it corrodes (aluminum oxide) check your panels with a magnet if it sticks it’s steel no reaction is aluminum
Sponsored