Sponsored

Is it possible to change dealerships after Maverick is ordered?

garryjohnson

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Garry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT FX4 Atlas Blue
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Is it possible to transfer your MY23 Maverick order to another dealership and what would be the process? This a new order, not a rollover. I used the search feature before posing this question and only came up with two threads and no answer. My salesman is not too bright (he didn't even know what CP360 was and had to ask his supervisor). I never received a copy of the COVP despite asking many times. After I commented in an e-mail that I had lost trust in his dealership and that the salesman had lied to me about providing a copy of the COVP, the sales manager asked if I would like to change dealerships. At that time, I didn't think that was possible, but now I'm thinking it may be. I'm hoping those more knowledgeable here may know if it is possible and what the process is. My MY23 order is an XLT 2.0 EB AWD FX4 CP360 Atlas Blue.
Sponsored

Uncle Ed

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Highlander,Outlook,S10,1968Camaro,22Maverick.hybri
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Is it possible to transfer your MY23 Maverick order to another dealership and what would be the process? This a new order, not a rollover. I used the search feature before posing this question and only came up with two threads and no answer. My salesman is not too bright (he didn't even know what CP360 was and had to ask his supervisor). I never received a copy of the COVP despite asking many times. After I commented in an e-mail that I had lost trust in his dealership and that the salesman had lied to me about providing a copy of the COVP, the sales manager asked if I would like to change dealerships. At that time, I didn't think that was possible, but now I'm thinking it may be. I'm hoping those more knowledgeable here may know if it is possible and what the process is. My MY23 order is an XLT 2.0 EB AWD FX4 CP360 Atlas Blue.
I don't think so. If you give up with this dealer he keeps the truck, more profit for him, best to try conciliation until the truck is yours.

Last edited:
OP
OP
garryjohnson

garryjohnson

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Garry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I don't think so. If you give up with this dealer he keeps the truck, more profit for him, best to try conciliation until the truck is yours.
If I have to, I will, but I hate dealing with idiots.

fossil

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 SVT Cobra Mustang, HPR Lariat Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
nope, you are buying from the dealer not Ford

KevCuRaoi

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Generally, no. You don't order a vehicle from Ford. You order from a dealership. Ford sells that dealership vehicles.
Order banks are closed, so no new orders can be submitted.
There will probably be stock orders for EBs. Your other option would be to find a dealership you trust and have them order your EB "stock". You won't have the price and incentive protection, since it isn't a retail order. (But there is a way for them to "assign" the stock order to you at some point in the process....it's been years since I've done one of those, so I don't remember the details....but that would be something for you to ask the dealership about.)

Sponsored

The Weatherman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux FX4 4K x 2
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yep. The previous answers pretty much cover it. Sorry.

Lonnie gee

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lonnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda and rav4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yesterday on Rhiannon fcs said and long MacArthur ,said it’s possible ,but current dealer has to be willing to release it, if the have no allocations and will not be built for example ,or for your situation.
Or if dealer went under?? Too

Last Truck Ever

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Hybrid Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Change salespeople within the dealership. I had to do this, had an original salesperson who was terribly unresponsive, like pulling teeth to get answers out of her, so I asked the Sales Manager for a different person to work with.

jsus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Escape Hybrid AWD 😉
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You have an "order" with the dealer. The dealer has an order with Ford/the factory. Technically the order belongs to the dealer, not you, and order banks are closed, so the order is stuck where it is, unfortunately.

As suggested, see if you can work with a different salesperson or the sales manager.

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer Limited; 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Generally, no. You don't order a vehicle from Ford. You order from a dealership. Ford sells that dealership vehicles.
Order banks are closed, so no new orders can be submitted.
There will probably be stock orders for EBs. Your other option would be to find a dealership you trust and have them order your EB "stock". You won't have the price and incentive protection, since it isn't a retail order. (But there is a way for them to "assign" the stock order to you at some point in the process....it's been years since I've done one of those, so I don't remember the details....but that would be something for you to ask the dealership about.)
This pretty much nails it.

On a related note, a friend of mine didn't take my advice in September and recently went to my dealer to ask him about the Maverick. After getting a good laugh, they told him that they expect stock EB orders to arrive no earlier than late spring to early summer and that he could get on their "call list" (which would also be for any dropped retail orders).

Sponsored

KevCuRaoi

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This pretty much nails it.

On a related note, a friend of mine didn't take my advice in September and recently went to my dealer to ask him about the Maverick. After getting a good laugh, they told him that they expect stock EB orders to arrive no earlier than late spring to early summer and that he could get on their "call list" (which would also be for any dropped retail orders).
We've had a few people stop in November and expect that we could get them a Maverick in a month of two......

Yes, I assume that stock order EBs will almost all be at the end of the production cycle.

jesemd

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forester
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
With all the doom and gloom about the economy and the auto industry in particular, I was wondering the other day what happens if my dealer goes out of business? I assume another dealer would purchase the inventory and the incoming orders? Fingers crossed! My dealer has been very difficult to work with so far. I know Ford has my order, but I cant get the COVP or any information at all.

OP
OP
garryjohnson

garryjohnson

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Garry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

With all the doom and gloom about the economy and the auto industry in particular, I was wondering the other day what happens if my dealer goes out of business? I assume another dealer would purchase the inventory and the incoming orders? Fingers crossed! My dealer has been very difficult to work with so far. I know Ford has my order, but I cant get the COVP or any information at all.
Not getting a copy of the COVP is bad enough, but the salesman lied to me several times when I asked for it, telling me he will send it ASAP and I never got it. I made the comment that I was losing faith in them (the dealership) for not providing me with things that almost every other person who ordered a Maverick was receiving. That's when the sales manager got involved and sent me this e-mail:

"At what point did you loose trust in my dealership sir? Being a salesman is hard enough with everyone thinking were lying all the time and the internet making you think were horrible people.
We want customers who believe in us, believe in our dealership, and believe in the brand they’re buying. I’ve provided you with everything you need and everything I need to place your order. If you would like to switch to another dealership, just let me know."

I thought it was just bravado BS and not something I could actually do, so I sent this back and I haven't heard a peep from him since:

"Understood sir and since you gave me your word, I do feel more confident now that I will get my truck an d it will be at MSRP with no markups. . The only reason I felt that way to begin with, is that I was told that I would get a copy of the COVP and I have yet to receive one. Salesperson's lack of knowledge, omission or lie? And as I said, I know lack of communication is the biggest contributor of customer insecurity in the whole order process.
NO, I do not want to change dealerships, even if that were possible. I had a good experience when I bought my 2022 Maverick XL Ecoboost there In December 2021 and I'm hoping to repeat that experience. It was not an order, but one that someone backed out of buying."

I'm kind of hoping that this may have smoothed things with him, but every other communication since this exchange has been with the salesman directly. When I added CP360 I called and it took three conversations with him to get it added and get an updated build sheet (which I'm hoping is the same thing as a DORA). Each time I called, he would say "I have to check with my manager first," and I'm pretty sure his manager is the sales manager.
I suppose I will just wait and see what happens. Worse case is I don't get it and keep driving my MY22 XL AWD Maverick and try again in 2024 at my local dealership. I love my Maverick, but would love to have an FX4 in the color I want. Maybe Ford will get their sh!t together by then and I can get a Tremor or whatever other offroad Maverick Ford comes out with.

Vent over, thanks for all of the replies. At least now I know It's virtually impossible to change dealerships once the order is made. This is why I love this forum.
Sponsored