Garry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT FX4 Atlas Blue
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

To be honest, other than an initial "wow, that's different", I don't think I've ever given a second thought to my door handles. They work just as well as any other vehicle I've ever owned, maybe even better than some. They work-enough said.
Sponsored

JimParker256

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Area 51 Hybrid FE, 2014 Impala
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

To the OP: I have a friend with MS, and he has difficulty grasping straight, flat objects. He finds "loops" a lot easier to grab and hold onto... If a that might be easier for you as well, you might consider fabricating a leather loop (or similar material of your choice), and attaching it behind the "removable" portion of the door handle. Might need to replace the factory screws with slightly longer ones, if they're too short to properly engage.

But, before I would so that, I would check your cab vent to see if it's obstructed. That vent is behind the rear seat near the bottom. Since you say it's easier with the windows down, would leaving your window(s) cracked open be a possibility? Maybe with the vent covers, if you're in a rainy area? Just a thought...

PS - sorry you're catching so much flak... Sometimes we all "say" things online we would NEVER say to someone in a face-to-face discussion. Unfortunately, that's the nature of the internet.

Johnkn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, Viper, 66 Shelby, 68.5 CJ Mustang, Pantera
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
[QUOTE="JimParker256, post: 524664, member: 16816"PS - sorry you're catching so much flak... Sometimes we all "say" things online we would NEVER say to someone in a face-to-face discussion. Unfortunately, that's the nature of the internet.
[/QUOTE]

The OP calling Daverick a P.r.i.c.k in post 51 after Daverick simply tried to establish that the OP was actually using the door handle vs the door latch didn’t exactly endear him to the Forum

BigShoots920

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Lariat BAP
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

MaverickMom

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Amy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2022, Maverick Hybrid XLT Lux
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I kind of like the design, it seems to prevent some heavy handed people from slamming the doors.

Sponsored

rclee

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XLT Maverick Lux,A51,Hybrid,Rear Slider.
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Being able to vary your grip is nice. Sometimes it gets old gripping it the same way all the time. Try it from the end, or even upside down. It'll feel different and bring a whole new sensation to... (ahem) Closing the door.

May have gotten off topic there for a second.
I think you are on the wrong forum :)

CZaugg

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid, 2021 Toyota Venza
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It amazes me what people will find to complain about...

And yes, the post with "artwork" was priceless... Great example of a picture being worth 1,000 words.
Just getting the Maverick is my complaint! Now sitting at 506 days since order placed. At least it has been built and is now in the United States (Phoenix, AZ).

Michaelkov

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BMW X1, 2018 Toyota Rav4, 2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Not really digging the door handles. Not sure why they cut them off. Awkward to grab and the leverage to close seems off.
Ford Maverick Interior door handles awkward to grab 1677448611025

OP
OP

Donald

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
[QUOTE="JimParker256, post: 524664, member: 16816"PS - sorry you're catching so much flak... Sometimes we all "say" things online we would NEVER say to someone in a face-to-face discussion. Unfortunately, that's the nature of the internet.
The OP calling Daverick a P.r.i.c.k in post 51 after Daverick simply tried to establish that the OP was actually using the door handle vs the door latch didn’t exactly endear him to the Forum

[/QUOTE]
If you think “Dave” was actually trying to establish which handle I was using, well then…………………………. You can finish

Sponsored

Traegorn

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Trae
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.nerdandtie.com
Vehicle(s)
2011 Nissan Versa, 2023 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

If you think “Dave” was actually trying to establish which handle I was using, well then…………………………. You can finish
Well then what. I think it was a legitimate question.

Because I still can't figure out the physics around the door pull that would cause the issue you're describing. If anything the door handle has more ways to grab it, not less.

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
anybody else notice that the emblems on the unlock and lock buttons look like a large lower case a, and the lock one looks like a smaller upper case B?
It took me 52 hours to realize you were referring to the unlocked padlock and locked padlock symbols as I was focused on the yellow capital A and B in the picture. FYI when I get out of my mavs in my garage I use the release lever and grab the end of the "doiturway" handle with my thumb between the two left most pair of screws and my index finger along with my multifunction function finger providing pressure to prevent thumb from sliding off. See pic of properly open doors.
Ford Maverick Interior door handles awkward to grab IMG_20230226_153111
Ford Maverick Interior door handles awkward to grab IMG_20230226_153045

imboden013

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Been driving the Maverick a lot lately delivering griceries for Wal Mart which requires a lot of getting in and out. I find I get the Door ajar message a lot. Not really digging the door handles. Not sure why they cut them off. Awkward to grab and the leverage to close seems off.
I don’t like the interior of the doors either. Handle too short, I can’t get my coffee tumbler in there, wont even allow to put my ice scraper in there. They’re a lot of little things ford did or left off the Maverick that I hate. But overall I like the thing.

imboden013

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I've had no luck finding a bottle that fits.
What is the exact RTIC bottle that you're using?

Thank you!
I think they used a slim fast water bottle as my coffee tumbler/handless mug won’t fit and it’s a standard 20 oz cup like you find Walmart etc.
Sponsored