Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Area 51 Hybrid FE, 2014 Impala
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Well, I thought the picture with A & B options was an attempt to be funny, but when everyone piled on, it got kinda out of hand, especially when it descended into name calling. I hope the OP got something besides grief from the discussion.
Sponsored

Tailender

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 F-250, 2011 Rogue, 2012 Jeep Liberty
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I like that the handle has an opening. I can grab it from the back side and not have to turn my arm so much when my RA is acting up.

rclee

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XLT Maverick Lux,A51,Hybrid,Rear Slider.
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I'm OUT!

Decayed

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
yes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
FWIW when mine was new it took some time to get used to the handle position. Now I like it. YMMV.

Rivers90

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT Tremor, Xterra, Miata
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

It took me 52 hours to realize you were referring to the unlocked padlock and locked padlock symbols as I was focused on the yellow capital A and B in the picture. FYI when I get out of my mavs in my garage I use the release lever and grab the end of the "doiturway" handle with my thumb between the two left most pair of screws and my index finger along with my multifunction function finger providing pressure to prevent thumb from sliding off. See pic of properly open doors.
Maybe you need to post a video to make it clear?

jk LOL

Sponsored

Timothyd

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Encore, Miata, motorcycles
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Been driving the Maverick a lot lately delivering griceries for Wal Mart which requires a lot of getting in and out. I find I get the Door ajar message a lot. Not really digging the door handles. Not sure why they cut them off. Awkward to grab and the leverage to close seems off.
I was thinking of adding an additional handle but I've gotten used to it. Yeah, good for me

Timothyd

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Encore, Miata, motorcycles
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Been driving the Maverick a lot lately delivering griceries for Wal Mart which requires a lot of getting in and out. I find I get the Door ajar message a lot. Not really digging the door handles. Not sure why they cut them off. Awkward to grab and the leverage to close seems off.
I was thinking of adding an additional handle but I've gotten used to it. Yeah, good for me

Brent Karrett

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Burnt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Coyote, Lanche, Nauti,
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yes, weird.
Seems they’re cantilevered the opposite of how they should be.

Aaron F

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Lariat Lux w/ 4k and BAP
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I've had the same issue. I'm short, so it might have to do with my seat position relative to the handle as well. But, I've never had another vehicle with so many "door ajar" "vehicle is not in park" messages after getting into the car. I can certainly close it harder, but I feel like I'm giving it a good moderate pull without slamming it as it is.

TheSEARCH

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Wow long thread I didn't read it all. I was at auto show and got to check out the Maverick, I agree the door handles are weirdly located. I guess after time you get used to them Strange design for sure.

Sponsored

LADemien

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Lonnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat 2.0 AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I received my 2022 Lariat Lux AWD 4K Tow in August and have had zero impact by this issue. I have noticed that the truck cab is very airtight, and cracking a window just a little bit allows the doors to close just that much easier. Try that and see if there is any improvement with door closure.

Garyintexas

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Gary M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I admit it was a bit weird at first. However, after driving it for 2 or 3 days I was good. I’m a Field Technician & drive 500-700 miles a week. I’m not sure how long you have been driving the Maverick, but give it another week or so & you should get used to it.

Rentman1225

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forde Maverick XLT LUX
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Here is the solution to the door handle problem. Just put one of these on the inside and outside:
1677342832571.png

I'm not an engineer, but you may have a design flaw. It looks like you can easily get locked inside your vehicle. :)

Last edited:

Scupking

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I thought the door handles would be an issue before I got the truck but as soon as I got in for the first time it was not an issue for me or anyone that has been in my truck.

AutobahnSHO

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Miata, Hybrid Mav, Odyssey
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I received my 2022 Lariat Lux AWD 4K Tow in August and have had zero impact by this issue. I have noticed that the truck cab is very airtight, and cracking a window just a little bit allows the doors to close just that much easier. Try that and see if there is any improvement with door closure.
Tesla actually does this automatically. Open a door and that window goes down half an inch, close the door and the window closes.

I rarely have the top up on my old Miata but it's funny when I close the door with the windows up and the back window gets pushed out a bit for a second. Kinda funny to watch.
Sponsored