bighap

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Can someone please tell me these measurements? Essentially the window width and the length from the bottom on the window to the bottom of the armrest/grab handle. I'm gathering dog proofing accessories. Thank you!
Ford Maverick Rear Door Interior Measurements Screenshot_20220418-123749~2
Sponsored

The Weatherman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux FX4 4K x 2
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
21.5”” across the window
13” down to the armrest bottom.

inthecabin

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat FX4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I’m interested in what you come up with.

keep us posted..

OP
OP
bighap

bighap

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

inthecabin

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat FX4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

My dog likes to stand front paws on armrest and that gap in the middle will be interesting to see how that’s going to work.

Sponsored

OP
OP
bighap

bighap

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My dog likes to stand front paws on armrest and that gap in the middle will be interesting to see how that’s going to work.
Good question. I would think it would inhibit it. That's kind of what I'm going for personally. I never have animals in my vehicles but I'll probably make an exception once I get my Maverick because it will be a great recreational vehicle for camping and whatnot. I'm going with this seat cover. The navy and tan trim is the closest match I could find for the Lariat interior color scheme.
Ford Maverick Rear Door Interior Measurements Screenshot_20220418-153814~2

LeersMav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Maximus GP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PriusV, Sonata PHEV, F-50 Mavrick Lariat Hybrid FE
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I measured
23" side to side according to the red arrow (but 21.5" between the window sals
13" to arm rest (confirming), and 24" to pocket.

I have a Great Pyrenees and he scratches.

Looking at Amazon, most, if not all, offered are 27"-29" in length where the window slide tabs are located, so way to long for the back doors of our Maverick/s.

If you find one at 23" wide, that will work.

Last edited:
OP
OP
bighap

bighap

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I measured
23" side to side according to the red arrow (but 21.5" between the window sals
13" to arm rest (confirming), and 24" to pocket.

I have a Great Pyrenees and he scratches.
Thanks for that. I think the door protector above will work nicely. I looked at hammock style seat protectors but none of them ever come high enough up the door to completely cover where paws may rest below the window.

inthecabin

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat FX4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I hope you can roll down the rear windows from driver’s side while they’re locked.

Can’t do that in my Ranger, have to unlock, partially roll down and then lock again so the dog doesn’t roll down the window stepping on the button. I forget sometimes and it was worrisome.
A guy on the Ranger site 3D printed some plugs/guards that work great. Just press into the finger well of the switch. Pretty awesome someone did that for my wife and I.

OP
OP
bighap

bighap

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I hope you can roll down the rear windows from driver’s side while they’re locked.

Can’t do that in my Ranger, have to unlock, partially roll down and then lock again so the dog doesn’t roll down the window stepping on the button. I forget sometimes and it was worrisome.
A guy on the Ranger site 3D printed some plugs/guards that work great. Just press into the finger well of the switch. Pretty awesome someone did that for my wife and I.
I have no idea about the locks. I'm sure someone here who actually has a Maverick can chime in. That's great. 3D printing can be super useful. I hated my Subaru cup holders. They were D shaped and held cans horribly. Someone printed me an insert to hold standard cans and a secondary insert for slim cans like Red Bull.

Sponsored

LeersMav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Maximus GP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm looking at something like this.

Screenshot_20220418-142556.png

Bought these and they work perfectly in the rear doors. Following pics are what I have in the back seat for my 125lb Great Pyr. vvvvvv

Ford Maverick Rear Door Interior Measurements DoorDogProtector

The bench seat covered with a hammock. Removed the head rests and placed them under the bench seat storage.
Ford Maverick Rear Door Interior Measurements RearSeatBackProtector

Right rear door cover.
Ford Maverick Rear Door Interior Measurements RearSeatDogProtector

Took all of 10 minutes from opening the package to completed install. Cost $26 for the pair.

Last edited:
OP
OP
bighap

bighap

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Bought these and they work perfectly in the rear doors. Following pics are what I have in the back seat for my 125lb Great Pyr. vvvvvv

DoorDogProtector.jpeg

The bench seat covered with a hammock. Removed the head rests and placed them under the bench seat storage.
RearSeatBackProtector.jpeg

Right rear door cover.
RearSeatDogProtector.jpeg

Took all of 10 minutes from opening the package to completed install. Cost $26 for the pair.
Perfect. Exactly what I was hoping to see coverage wise. Are your hammock loops that would normally go over the back seat headrests just being looped onto the bumpers behind the seat?

Rob Cactus Gray

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 Prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thanks for this. Im going to remove the back seat and build a doggy platform bed. It will extend into the leg space as he likes to fall in there and hurt him self. I wish I could get started but need lots measurements, latch points, and have to find a way to make the storage still usable.

Ford Maverick Rear Door Interior Measurements 6DF27C83-6C61-42B6-942A-C8CFDAE96373

LeersMav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Maximus GP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Perfect. Exactly what I was hoping to see coverage wise. Are your hammock loops that would normally go over the back seat headrests just being looped onto the bumpers behind the seat?
Used the child seat tether brackets attaching very small carabiners, then looped the straps on each side. Once looped into the carabiner, tightened the straps to take up the slack.

When closing the seat back, you have to almost slam it against the back for the striker to lock into the latch. To extend the seat bottom, I found placing Igloos on the floor provide the perfect height (rt side) along with some reinforced boxes.

No issues at all removing and installing it. I just remove the Igloos and boxes, reinstall the headrest, open the velcro access (seat hammock) to the seat belts, and the passenger/s are ready to sit down.
Sponsored

Last edited: