athertonbt

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL EB FWD Carb Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
This looks awesome, happy to see the real life pictures of the mattress as well. Super helpful post!
Sponsored

Cmcbee

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick on order
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hey folks!

I know it's a little late in the season for this, so my apologies for not posting earlier! I have found the perfect truck bed tent for the Maverick as well as a perfectly fitting air mattress! So far I've used the tent & mattress about 5 times over the summer and it has been perfect for myself and my girlfriend. She is a little bit new to "roughing it" and this has helped her enjoy camping a bit more from the security of the truck (especially in bear country!). It's kinda nice to have metal walls on 3 sides and be off the ground, I gotta admit!

Anyway these fit perfect. The air mattress comes with a pump and everything, & even some inflatable "pillows"! We turned it 180 from how it would sit in a larger truck and the cutouts just happen to fit perfectly to the Maverick's wheelwells. The tent can be set up by 1 person in about 10 minutes.

Here are the links, and I'll post some pics below!
Tent: https://amzn.to/3Au54EU
Air mattress that fits our bed perfectly: https://amzn.to/3GycuL6

1669049621309.png

1669049639494.png

1669049661698.png

Hope this is helpful to those looking for a "turn-key" solution for truck-camping in the Mav!
Did you have to do any modifications to make it fit? Any pics of the inside once it’s in the truck?

OP
OP
Air Shootist

Air Shootist

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fully loaded Maverick Lariat, Harley Fat Bob
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Did you have to do any modifications to make it fit? Any pics of the inside once it’s in the truck?
Nope, it fit perfectly. And no further pics. It's winter so it's in storage right now.

Sponsored

athertonbt

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL EB FWD Carb Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
They had 2 of these tents available open box in the old Amazon warehouse for $89 yesterday so I picked one up and ordered the mattress. Total cost $151. Going on a few camping trips this year and excited to get up off the ground lol. Will update the post when I put it on for a trial run as I do have a roll up tonneau cover and am unsure how it will fit.

Last edited:

fastducky

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Miata and Titan
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hey folks!

I know it's a little late in the season for this, so my apologies for not posting earlier! I have found the perfect truck bed tent for the Maverick as well as a perfectly fitting air mattress! So far I've used the tent & mattress about 5 times over the summer and it has been perfect for myself and my girlfriend. She is a little bit new to "roughing it" and this has helped her enjoy camping a bit more from the security of the truck (especially in bear country!). It's kinda nice to have metal walls on 3 sides and be off the ground, I gotta admit!

Anyway these fit perfect. The air mattress comes with a pump and everything, & even some inflatable "pillows"! We turned it 180 from how it would sit in a larger truck and the cutouts just happen to fit perfectly to the Maverick's wheelwells. The tent can be set up by 1 person in about 10 minutes.

Here are the links, and I'll post some pics below!
Tent: https://amzn.to/3Au54EU
Air mattress that fits our bed perfectly: https://amzn.to/3GycuL6

1669049621309.png

1669049639494.png

1669049661698.png

Hope this is helpful to those looking for a "turn-key" solution for truck-camping in the Mav!
I bought the same tent. Mine seems to be fitting different than yours. I assume user error. Are the tent poles outside the bed of the truck? Not many spots under the truck to secure the straps.

Ford Maverick Ford Maverick Bed Tent and Air Mattress - PERFECT FIT OPTIONS! 20230218_160455

Ford Maverick Ford Maverick Bed Tent and Air Mattress - PERFECT FIT OPTIONS! 20230218_160441

JsnMrd

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I wonder why the version they made for the Maverick is so different from the rest. No windows, and floorless

OP
OP
Air Shootist

Air Shootist

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fully loaded Maverick Lariat, Harley Fat Bob
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Just took a camping trip last weekend of September, and even though it was kinda cold, I was still nice and cozy with all the windows zipped shut! Over a year of using it pretty often and it has no tears or faults whatsoever. I am so glad I got this thing! Still using the same air mattress with it, too. (links for those are on the 1st page of this thread)

Here is the only pic from that weekend that has the tent in it. Obviously the homie was keeping safety in mind since we were lighting off tons of fireworks :ROFLMAO:

Ford Maverick Ford Maverick Bed Tent and Air Mattress - PERFECT FIT OPTIONS! 1697744575379
Sponsored