Sponsored

starquestbd22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT
If you have remote start feature but don't have the Lariat that has push start, what is the procedure once inside the truck?
The base XLT doesn't come with a remote start fob. Does the XLT lux package add this? Either way...I don't think it matters whether you remote start it with the fob or the Fordpass app. Once inside the truck, you simply insert the key and turn it to the run position where it normally would be while driving. That's it.
Sponsored

clavicus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If you have remote start feature but don't have the Lariat that has push start, what is the procedure with the key once inside the truck?
All trims have remote start capability via the mobile Ford Connect app. XLT has optional remote start fob, but still needs key in ignition to drive.

I believe for XL and XLT, after remote start you put the key in ignition, then you can turn the gear knob. If you turn the gear knob without key in the ignition it will turn off the car.

Remote start lasts for 30 15 minutes before it auto-shuts off if you haven't manually turned the ignition at that point, but you can re-do the remote start and it'll go another 30 15 minutes. You can't extend it more than this unless you turn the car on with ignition, and turn it off again.

Last edited:

starquestbd22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT
Remote start lasts for 30 minutes before it auto-shuts off if you haven't manually turned the ignition at that point, but you can re-do the remote start and it'll go another 30 minutes.
It's actually 15 minutes which can be extended once for another 15 minutes for a total of 30 minutes.

clavicus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

starquestbd22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT
I had to look it up to be sure the Maverick wasn't different but I know my Ranger will shut off after 15 minutes.

Sponsored

Connect

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Honda Accord, 2023 Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
any other pictures of the alto blue?

MAVRICK

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Any
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
No cruise at all on XL
He's asking about the"Steering Wheel Controls" - not the Cruise Control functional capability itself ... just are the unused, unconnected, not active steering wheel mounted controls available on the steering wheel?.

oljackfrost

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They're all sold, waiting for Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
He's asking about the"Steering Wheel Controls" - not the Cruise Control functional capability itself ... just are the unused, unconnected, not active steering wheel mounted controls available on the steering wheel?.
Why would they do that?

MAVRICK

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Any
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Why would they do that?
To have a single item in inventory ... lower cost of part manufacturing, reduced storage needs, reduced complexity in manufacturing ... many other reasons, all driven by cost cutting measures and assenbly efficiencies.

SgtLip

Banned
Banned
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lexus ES300h Ultra Luxury
I've never seen a manufacturer do that. They are active or not there.

Sponsored

UberGadgetFreak

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 Marauder, 21 Bronco, 22 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Will there be programmable garage door buttons in the maverick? My 2014 Edge has three on the visor and it would be nice to have them in the maverick.
After digging through every option I can find, the answer is no.

If you only want HomeLink/Garage Door buttons, you can get the Gentex 60-HMLKV5ALL Kit ($160ish). It comes with 3 bezel colors (black, tan, and grey). You will need to cut into the headliner or console trim (based on where you want to mount it).

Your alternate option is a Gentex GENK40A Auto-Dimming mirror with HomeLink. ($170ish) or something equivalent (there are a lot of brands, but I personally stick to Gentex). It has HomeLink buttons on the mirror itself, so you get the auto-dimming for the extra $10 in price. Since the Maverick doesn't have an auto-dimming mirror at any trim level, some may prefer this method since it's mostly swapping the mirror out and running the wiring instead of cutting into the headliner or trim plastics to mount the separate remote kit and you end up with both options.

MAVRICK

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Any
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Have you ever seen
I've never seen a manufacturer do that. They are active or not there.
Have you ever seen "covered" buttons on any given interior panel (usually around the driver) where active button would have been on a higher trim? ... very common practice ... same principle - save money on the panels, just put a cover on places not being actively used or connected. In fact people complaint that such buttons/ places constantly reminds them that they are missing something that's availble on a higher trim. Also, not uncommon to find under those covered, not active controls, a wire harness/ bundle termination that would allow for activation (provided one checks for proper Fuse) of whatever function was supposed to be there (provided it doesn't require additional hardware such as active sensors). I have added non-native to a given trim OEM capabilities to many vehicles just by tapping on what buttons or inactive connectons are available but not actively connected. My latest example is adding OEM Fog Lights to a Nissan Frontier by using nothing but existing (but hidden) wired connections. It did require me to change the Steering Wheel mounted Stem that controlled the turning signals so that it would also have the fog lights controls. Also on the same vehicle, I added a 12v OEM output in back oif the center console by tapping on what was available from the manufacturer without any electrical ore mechanical modifications. And also on the samer vehicle, I added boith, front and rear cameras tapping on existing but inactive connections. All of these capabilities were available on higher trims but not on my trim.

WesM

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Your alternate option is a Gentex GENK40A Auto-Dimming mirror with HomeLink. ($170ish) or something equivalent (there are a lot of brands, but I personally stick to Gentex). It has HomeLink buttons on the mirror itself, so you get the auto-dimming for the extra $10 in price. Since the Maverick doesn't have an auto-dimming mirror at any trim level, some may prefer this method since it's mostly swapping the mirror out and running the wiring instead of cutting into the headliner or trim plastics to mount the separate remote kit and you end up with both options.
This is what I plan to do, hopefully I can use the wire taps in the bed to power the mirror.

GaMaverick

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Our 2.0L was showing 24.9 mpg average. This was with 262.5 miles on the vehicle. The gas tank showed 1/2 full and 185 miles projected to empty.
Thanks, sounds about right for combined mileage.