Hack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 & 2018 Honda CRV
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hi,

I have confirmed that there will be a Maverick that I can see hands on Monday August 9th. I don’t know the trim level. Any items y’all want confirmed in general? Ready to see one in person!

Overall Impressions:

Loved it! Much bigger in person.

The interior was very nice too. Yes plastic but very nice plastic.

I am 5'10" and there was more than enough room in the front and backseat.

The 8" screen with the weird cutout looks just fine not ugly. The cut out of the side is small, will not fit sunglasses! I would guess it's 4.5" deep. There is an area above/behind the screen that will fit sunglasses.

The door pulls on the inside are actually placed perfectly and will be very natural for most people when closing. The door panel is all plastic with the exception of the far end of the arm rest which is padded(photo below to show padded area). Loved that it's padded!

Everything orange(expect the stitching) can come out. The orange areas under the dash are just molded inserts.

Seats were very comfortable. I've never owned cloth but I'm sticking with XLT.

Rear window is very small but it is tinted too(there was a question about that). Slides to the passenger side. I could not reach it to open when I was in the front seat.

Screen Shot 2021-08-09 at 3.58.57 PM.jpg

The training model was this Alto Blue Maverick XLT FX4.

Ford Maverick Impressions and Answers From Dealer Training Today [Maverick XLT FX4] {filename}

ANSWERS:

1 - Yes, cover works with extender
2 - Yes, tint on the rear slider
3 - Unsure
4 - we have a 2.5 here so can’t confirm hybrid sounds
5 - Ford rep said “ordering system will cancel out any redundancies in terms of cost.”

Backseat will not fold flat. If you took the headrests off it would be flatter but cannot ever fold fully flat

Ford Maverick Impressions and Answers From Dealer Training Today [Maverick XLT FX4] {filename}

Sun visor can be extended back to B pillar. The medal rod is what it rides on.

I did not see a hole in the tailgate for that tool to lower the wheel. The rep did not know as well.

Yes, the jack is located behind the backseat. There is not a whole lot of room, maybe 3-4". But I was an idiot and forgot my tape measure.(I should have put it on my shoes like my mom taught me)

Sorry, I was not able to get photos. Lots of people moving around.

I am 5'10" and with the front seat fully back I fit no problem. My knees did not rub the seat, had maybe 2" of room. With the front seat all the way back too there is a bunch of room upfront. A lady, probably 5'6" was in the front with the seat all the way back and she could stretch her legs straight no problem

Our 2.0L was showing 24.9 mpg average. This was with 262.5 miles on the vehicle. The gas tank showed 1/2 full and 185 miles projected to empty.

No programable buttons anywhere to be found.

We had a rollup tonneau cover and the extender would fit just fine. The covers wont interfere with the extender

Dang, sorry it was a mad rush so I'm not certain. I looked in the glove box, it's small, and cannot remember for a fact if there were plugs of any kind. Nothing stuck out to me so I would say no unless someone else can verify for you.

From my photos I don't see how the middle seatbelt can be detached but anything is possible. The seat would be close(ish) to flat, the padding on the seat bottom will hold it up a bit but could be smushed down I guess.
Tussle for all this, C
Hi,

I have confirmed that there will be a Maverick that I can see hands on Monday August 9th. I don’t know the trim level. Any items y’all want confirmed in general? Ready to see one in person!

Overall Impressions:

Loved it! Much bigger in person.

The interior was very nice too. Yes plastic but very nice plastic.

I am 5'10" and there was more than enough room in the front and backseat.

The 8" screen with the weird cutout looks just fine not ugly. The cut out of the side is small, will not fit sunglasses! I would guess it's 4.5" deep. There is an area above/behind the screen that will fit sunglasses.

The door pulls on the inside are actually placed perfectly and will be very natural for most people when closing. The door panel is all plastic with the exception of the far end of the arm rest which is padded(photo below to show padded area). Loved that it's padded!

Everything orange(expect the stitching) can come out. The orange areas under the dash are just molded inserts.

Seats were very comfortable. I've never owned cloth but I'm sticking with XLT.

Rear window is very small but it is tinted too(there was a question about that). Slides to the passenger side. I could not reach it to open when I was in the front seat.

The training model was this Alto Blue Maverick XLT FX4.

ANSWERS:

1 - Yes, cover works with extender
2 - Yes, tint on the rear slider
3 - Unsure
4 - we have a 2.5 here so can’t confirm hybrid sounds
5 - Ford rep said “ordering system will cancel out any redundancies in terms of cost.”

Backseat will not fold flat. If you took the headrests off it would be flatter but cannot ever fold fully flat

Sun visor can be extended back to B pillar. The medal rod is what it rides on.

I did not see a hole in the tailgate for that tool to lower the wheel. The rep did not know as well.

Yes, the jack is located behind the backseat. There is not a whole lot of room, maybe 3-4". But I was an idiot and forgot my tape measure.(I should have put it on my shoes like my mom taught me)

Sorry, I was not able to get photos. Lots of people moving around.

I am 5'10" and with the front seat fully back I fit no problem. My knees did not rub the seat, had maybe 2" of room. With the front seat all the way back too there is a bunch of room upfront. A lady, probably 5'6" was in the front with the seat all the way back and she could stretch her legs straight no problem

Our 2.0L was showing 24.9 mpg average. This was with 262.5 miles on the vehicle. The gas tank showed 1/2 full and 185 miles projected to empty.

No programable buttons anywhere to be found.

We had a rollup tonneau cover and the extender would fit just fine. The covers wont interfere with the extender

Dang, sorry it was a mad rush so I'm not certain. I looked in the glove box, it's small, and cannot remember for a fact if there were plugs of any kind. Nothing stuck out to me so I would say no unless someone else can verify for you.

From my photos I don't see how the middle seatbelt can be detached but anything is possible. The seat would be close(ish) to flat, the padding on the seat bottom will hold it up a bit but could be smushed down I guess.
Thanks for all this, Cory.
Sponsored

OP
OP
CoryDallas8123

CoryDallas8123

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A4, Chevy Chevelle SS, 2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
OP
OP
CoryDallas8123

CoryDallas8123

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So when you say the rear window is tinted, does that mean colored glass or a real tint that reflects light and heat? Do the rest of the windows come tinted or colored glass from the factory? I hope it is a real tint, in AZ we need real tinting, and those dark-colored windows can't be legally tinted any further. I can understand if the tiny rear window is colored since a tint may not stick well to it since it slides. But hopefully not the rest of the vehicle.
Sorry I don’t know. Originally from Nebraska so I don’t know the difference tint/colored glass.

OP
OP
CoryDallas8123

CoryDallas8123

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
What did the headliner look like? Was there a sunglass holder, any light controls?
Light gray headliner. Sunglasses holder. 2 lights; driver and passenger.

Sponsored

UberGadgetFreak

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 Marauder, 21 Bronco, 22 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This is what I plan to do, hopefully I can use the wire taps in the bed to power the mirror.
I was going to use this style of fuse tap myself to tap into an existing circuit:
Nilight Fuse Tap Kit

I already have all the parts except the Maverick itself :) This is one of the first things being done to it once I get my hands on it.

clavicus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm trying to figure out how far my tent might stick out. Though I may have to use rack instead of crossbars if I want to open the window flap.
I find this setup weird, usually roof racks have something like a 200 pound limit right? Wouldn't a pair of average or even under-average adults exceed that? Then again I guess you're not driving while sleeping on top lol

clavicus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
What did the headliner look like? Was there a sunglass holder, any light controls?
You might already know this but if you have the moonroof option it doesn't have the sunglasses holder up top, just an FYI.

silvy

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Sorento
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You might already know this but if you have the moonroof option it doesn't have the sunglasses holder up top, just an FYI.
How much ceiling height is lost if you opt for the sunroof option?

Sponsored

Rkbrumbelow

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
HCH2, Hybrid XLT on order
I used to put my glasses on the pull over slide of my sunroof, heh
Sponsored