maverick92

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick, F150 Lightning
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ford Motor Company the manufacturer and Ford dealerships are completely sperate businesses and legal entities. Dealerships buy their inventory at a fixed price from FoMoCo. When a dealership turns around and charges a huge markup, not a dime of that makes its way back to FoMoCo. But it pisses off customers and makes the Ford brand look bad, so FoMoCo has a big picture incentive to try to prevent it.
I completely agree. Some would also say it makes the Ford brand look bad to sell dozens of “constrained” hybrid trucks to O’Reilly’s while telling your loyal customers who ordered 12 months ago to go pound sand.

I’m not disagreeing with their logic, just pointing out that Ford doesn’t care about the average customer and anything they say or do (like PR releases about curtailing ADMs) is all BS.
Sponsored

Bj517

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I completely agree. Some would also say it makes the Ford brand look bad to sell dozens of “constrained” hybrid trucks to O’Reilly’s while telling your loyal customers who ordered 12 months ago to go pound sand.

I’m not disagreeing with their logic, just pointing out that Ford doesn’t care about the average customer and anything they say or do (like PR releases about curtailing ADMs) is all BS.
That's fair. But you're still kind of ignoring the fact that big fleet buyers are just as much of a customer as you and me - and are obviously much bigger (and maybe even more "loyal" in that sense) customers than we are individually.

O'Reillys apparently ordered before most people on here, and they clearly ordered a whole lot more volume. And if these trucks were just delivered recently, there are a bunch of retail customers who got their hybrids before them anyway. I get that it sucks your haven't gotten your truck yet, but Ford's not singling you out to tell you to pound sand.

Last edited:

tonyinsd

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT, Ford Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So what’s Ford’s issue with their dealers charging $15k ADMs on Broncos, Mavs, Lightnings, etc? Seems a bit hypocritical.
The issue they have is the ADM on ordered vehicles. That makes people mad because they agreed to a price and then they can't have the vehicle they ordered at that price.

I don't think they care about the markup on dealer stock vehicles, which are virtually non-existent these days.

Sponsored

BigB

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Well if these fleet sales start having no start and battery issues maybe Ford will send out a TSB or recall. After all it would look pretty bad to see the parts delivery trucks broke down or out front with the hood up.

Flomounier1

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Wait til they all have to go to the dealer at once for the wire harness/dead 12v battery issue.

OP
OP
STARCOMMTREY1

STARCOMMTREY1

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, Ultra Classic, Versa Note and soon to be Mav
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

emkobg

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It's all government fleet vehicles. Certain dealerships earn a state contract and get all municipal vehicles. Our tax money at work

Sponsored
OP
OP
STARCOMMTREY1

STARCOMMTREY1

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, Ultra Classic, Versa Note and soon to be Mav
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It's all government fleet vehicles. Certain dealerships earn a state contract and get all municipal vehicles. Our tax money at work
No. All of those belong to O'Reilly. ...100#)% of em

DeeZee

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Hybrid XLT Luxury Package
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ford Motor Company the manufacturer and Ford dealerships are completely sperate businesses and legal entities. Dealerships buy their inventory at a fixed price from FoMoCo. When a dealership turns around and charges a huge markup, not a dime of that makes its way back to FoMoCo. But it pisses off customers and makes the Ford brand look bad, so FoMoCo has a big picture incentive to try to prevent it.
Then there is the S in MSRP.

Dealers have low inventory and high demand. Gotta do what you can do.

WJOHNM

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Equinox, redline. XLT,AWD,4KTOW,FX4 ,CO PILOT360
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

All the same color, NO lux package, 4k, fx4, co 360, NO restraints, very easy builds all done in one day. They have rights too, if ordered early I have no problem with it. Man that's a lot of white paint ford used that day.

Dudley

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Grand Cherokee
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
In 1994 we bought a new base white Jeep Cherokee 4x2 4.0 with AC and cruise in Missouri that was a left over from a fleet order. If anyone is ok with what the kind of Mav they ordered - probably a FWD - you might wanna find out if they are gonna take them all.

RLmesc

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Kia Sportage, 05 Porsche Boxster S, 85 Kawasaki
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I want a black one. Just one (GL with AWD and tow package)When you see this many Porsches in one place, they are usually "body-in-white" to-be race cars. Is this a new race series of pickup trucks I'd not heard of? I'm in, heck no, I already do Porsche Club racing, I just want a great grocery getter that can take my 17 year-old P-car to the track. With the 4k tow package I can easily take the 2.,800 LB Boxster S to the track on an aluminum trailer. Is that too much to ask?
Sponsored