Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150s, Mustang GT Convertible, Mazda B3000
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
{snip}
I have very little confidence that I’l receive one as my dealer is on the smaller size ....

I’ve ordered a GMC Canyon AT4 and hope I fare better with receiving one.
I hope so too!

"The delay between the SORP for the 2023 GMC Canyon last January and the first shipments is the result of finalization for the truck’s fuel economy ratings from the EPA. As GM Authority reported previously, GM is unable to deliver new units of the 2023 GMC Canyon until the EPA signs off on the official fuel economy ratings."

Here's When 2023 GMC Canyon Units Will Start Shipping (gmauthority.com)

Good luck!
Sponsored

Tremorboi

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
KT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I would say keep the order in your name to see what comes first. While not the exact same, I was in a similar situation as you. I bought an SEL Santa Cruz with Activity package thinking my Tremor Mav wasn’t gonna come, but at my folks suggestion went ahead and kept the order in my name just in case. By some miracle, Tremor came in by March 15th and I’m glad I picked it over the Santa Cruz I had. Ultimately the choice is yours.

NextTruck

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JeepGC Overland, 2010 Tahoe
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I hope you have good luck with your GMC product. I've had nothing but problems. I tend to stay away from Dodge, GM and Jeep. But that's just my experience.
I have had very good experiences with GM and Jeep. Often it is just the model, and not the overall brand, so you have to do your research. Never had a Ford and thought I would try my luck with them. Wish I could weigh in on how that was going........;)

710-oil-614

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
After placing my Tremor order back in September, and getting no positive indication that I’ll ever receive my truck, I’ve decided to move on. I have very little confidence that I’l receive one as my dealer is on the smaller size and they have not be transparent with any upcoming allocations. I’m also tired of the drama of waiting for emails every Thursday to see if I’ve been selected.

I’ve ordered a GMC Canyon AT4 and hope I fare better with receiving one. I realize this is a completely difference class of truck, but the way I configured my Tremor (~$42k) it made sense to me to get a more capable truck (towing capacity and interior room/comfort) even with the extra cost.

Now the question is, what to do with my Tremor order? I’m thinking of leaving it open, and hope to get scheduled, and then figure something out. What do y’all think I should do with the open order?
You'll get your Tremor order, I'm confident of it. I switched to a Tremor from a Hybrid and have only watched Hybrids preview at my dealership ever since. I don't think they've scheduled any Tremors recently but I could be wrong.

I ordered a Colorado Trail Boss 2 weeks and it is scheduled for production week of May 1, dealership expects it to be delivered by early June.

Sounds like Chevy slapped a 11.3" screen in there and called it a day on interior quality - I'll be interested to see how it stacks up to the Maverick but at $44,800 I would expect a significant increase in interior quality - not just holding the line.

FischAutoTechGarten

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Green Valley Arizona USA, Alamos Sonora MEX
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mav Lariat EB AWD 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

So, you have to get at least $45,600 to break even?

There's a holding cost letting the dealer keep your deposit. It's months that money isn't sitting in your account drawing interest. Your Tremor at $42k means you have allot of stuff on it.... things that might be constrained that might make for a later delivery.

You're banking on the demand staying high after you receive yours, even after they increase deliveries by starting that 3rd shift in HMO and start taking orders for MY2024 in Aug/Sept.

I sense that Maverick demand peaked some months ago.... It's high, but it's off from it's peak. Demand will remain somewhat high, but will you sell yours for enough above $45,600 to offset the dealer holding your money for all of those months?

Sponsored

710-oil-614

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I hope so too!

"The delay between the SORP for the 2023 GMC Canyon last January and the first shipments is the result of finalization for the truck’s fuel economy ratings from the EPA. As GM Authority reported previously, GM is unable to deliver new units of the 2023 GMC Canyon until the EPA signs off on the official fuel economy ratings."

Here's When 2023 GMC Canyon Units Will Start Shipping (gmauthority.com)

Good luck!
They are shipping now - the numbers have posted and they abysmal - worse than the 2022 colorado.

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I suppose the state of the economy and truck market are going to factor into this for sure. I’m not too keen to take a risk and losing money if I take delivery. Even if it’s worth more than MSRP, I’d have to cover sales tax paid of ~$3,600 and that seems like a bit of a gamble.

:ROFLMAO: If you’re a fan of The Last of Us, you’d know that only S10’s are going to be around when things go bad.
There is the option of looking at the economy the day it comes off the assembly line. At that point you have about a month to decide whats worth it or to walk away. My deposit was only $500, and if you got a GT500 you cant be sweating that cash too much in the meantime.

The one thing I do know is that if there is an S10 left at the end of the world it wont be a 4 door. They made how many of them? A dozen?

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

There's a holding cost letting the dealer keep your deposit. It's months that money isn't sitting in your account drawing interest. Your Tremor at $42k means you have allot of stuff on it.... things that might be constrained that might make for a later delivery.

You're banking on the demand staying high after you receive yours, even after they increase deliveries by starting that 3rd shift in HMO and start taking orders for MY2024 in Aug/Sept.

I sense that Maverick demand peaked some months ago.... It's high, but it's off from it's peak. Demand will remain somewhat high, but will you sell yours for enough above $45,600 to offset the dealer holding your money for all of those months?
What kind of deposit are you thinking? Its $500, thats a week or so of groceries and a topped off gas tank. Yall must be some real big shots if you have to have every dollar invested at all times.

We Are

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Lariat EB FX4 & 2022 Escape Hybrid
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
After placing my Tremor order back in September, and getting no positive indication that I’ll ever receive my truck, I’ve decided to move on. I have very little confidence that I’l receive one as my dealer is on the smaller size and they have not be transparent with any upcoming allocations. I’m also tired of the drama of waiting for emails every Thursday to see if I’ve been selected.

I’ve ordered a GMC Canyon AT4 and hope I fare better with receiving one. I realize this is a completely difference class of truck, but the way I configured my Tremor (~$42k) it made sense to me to get a more capable truck (towing capacity and interior room/comfort) even with the extra cost.

Now the question is, what to do with my Tremor order? I’m thinking of leaving it open, and hope to get scheduled, and then figure something out. What do y’all think I should do with the open order?
Leave it open! The dealer won't cancel it and just sell it to someone else anyway! So leaving it open gives you the opportunity to make a decision if it ever gets built!

I'm giving ford another 2 weeks then I'm looking elsewhere! Need a 2nd vehicle when we get back from Florida! It's been 500+ days since original order! I just contacted ford chat and still not scheduled with no constraints!!!

Derek's Maverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Just when you think you're done, things happen. I ordered mine Oct. 2021. No communication the whole time. Same as most. Salesman called, first time ever, and asked if I wanted an order that someone backed out of. I asked about mine and was told I had a VIN and build date. That was 2 weeks ago and now I have a window sticker and the tracker says its currently in production. My fiance ordered hers in Sept. like you and just found out hers is scheduled for first week in May. Our dealer is small and I too thought they didn't get many allocations. Crazy things happen. Just remember though, there are thousands of people who ordered a year before yours who are still waiting. Don't rely on Ford emailing you either. I still haven't received an email notifying me. Stay in contact with Ford CS or your salesman. Since you've moved on though, just let the order go and enjoy the GMC. The dealer will be more than happy to take the truck. Good luck!

Sponsored

bearsfan647

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EBike - Future Ford Maverick!
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ranger or Tacoma for me, but the canyon is very nice. Enjoy!

mrbill

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 kia soul- 2023 santa cruz SE
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I think when compared to a Ridgeline, it makes sense to buy a Maverick. But I'm not sure I'd drop 42k on a Maverick vs a "real" truck with significantly more capability and, likely, better fit and finish. The Lariat offers very little improvements on the interior vs a 21k XL.
just an fyi our ford dealer has new f150 xlt supercabs now at $40,000 ish, ecoboost @26mpg.they are now discount 5-$6,000 , they have alot now so they may go lower soon. ive been waiting 17 months for our hybrid maverick, I got a santa cruz SE in Jan. and so far really like it,we are leaving our maverick order as is for now, and see if it ever comes in ??

gte105u

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Maverick Lariat, '17 Rogue SL, '14 Altima SV
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Do you think the fit/finish of the Lariat is a great deal better than that of an XL?
I have not sat in an XL, so can't say for sure. I know we enjoy our Lariat a lot more than the XLT we test drove. But with a power rear hatch, moon roof, (p)leather, and 12k or so more I would hope it would be.

But having driven a Tacoma of a number of different trim, my coworker have a Colorado, and having driven a Frontier a few months ago... I put my Lariat on par with those. I think comparable trim to comparable trim they would be similar.

Old Hickory Trojan

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Crosstrek Spt ,23 SC AWD,02 Jeep 4x4, 17 Winbgo
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Not sure about that. Seems like used ones sure haven't dropped a whole bunch looking at what Dealers are asking for used Mavericks. If the economy goes into a complete recession and the FED keeps raising interest rates would probably dampen enthusiasm or if Toyota and GM get their small trucks out for purchase might impact the demand as well. Of course who can count the dissatisfaction from potential Maverick buyers that have been jerked around by Ford and Dealers otherwise I think the Maverick still has demand enough to keep prices up.

richman555

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda CRV
Engine
Undecided
That's a pretty nice truck.

I was looking at a higher end Maverick for quite a while but there are many good midsize trucks becoming available this year.

This includes the New GMC Canyon, New Ford Ranger, New Toyota Tacoma and even the somewhat New Chevy Colorado.

I believe there will be many more people making this kind of switch if they can afford it.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.