First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Hyundai Palisade, 21 GT500
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
After placing my Tremor order back in September, and getting no positive indication that I’ll ever receive my truck, I’ve decided to move on. I have very little confidence that I’l receive one as my dealer is on the smaller size and they have not be transparent with any upcoming allocations. I’m also tired of the drama of waiting for emails every Thursday to see if I’ve been selected.

I’ve ordered a GMC Canyon AT4 and hope I fare better with receiving one. I realize this is a completely difference class of truck, but the way I configured my Tremor (~$42k) it made sense to me to get a more capable truck (towing capacity and interior room/comfort) even with the extra cost.

Now the question is, what to do with my Tremor order? I’m thinking of leaving it open, and hope to get scheduled, and then figure something out. What do y’all think I should do with the open order?
Sponsored

dalola

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sunsetridgecabinhockinghills.com
Vehicle(s)
F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Keep it active in your name....if it ever gets build, you'll have choices. Why would you do anything otherwise?

gwrace14651

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I hope you have good luck with your GMC product. I've had nothing but problems. I tend to stay away from Dodge, GM and Jeep. But that's just my experience.

OP
OP

Ophidian

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Keep it active in your name....if it ever gets build, you'll have choices. Why would you do anything otherwise?
I wouldn’t mind getting my deposit back sooner rather than later.

The thought of giving the order up to the dealer to sell irritates me enough to leave it open to the fall though. Perhaps if I get scheduled someone on the forum may be interested in it.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Ophidian

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I hope you have good luck with your GMC product. I've had nothing but problems. I tend to stay away from Dodge, GM and Jeep. But that's just my experience.
I’ve been a Ford guy for my 55+ years. Worries me a bit for sure, but I’m willing to roll the dice.

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer Limited; 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I was fortunate in that I bought an Explorer at the same dealership. So, they applied my deposit to the Explorer and are keeping the order open with me keeping the option to buy it or not when it comes in.

Allocation is king. Even if Ford is begging for Tremors, at the end of the day the dealer has to have allocations and I can see the frustration.

gte105u

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Maverick Lariat, '17 Rogue SL, '14 Altima SV
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Good luck. After issues with my '14 Jeep Cherokee, I avoid them. But their new run of trucks are pretty nice. Hopefully they don't run into issues with the new turbos.

I'd leave it open. With the way things seem to work, you'll get scheduled this week now... But leave it open and you have options for later.

gte105u

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I think you made the right choice. The Maverick is not a good value at 42k.
Mine was $39k MSRP, and I find it an incredible value. Good luck finding a truck with these features for close.

Sponsored

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Judging by where you live and the cars you own. No matter how tight you think your budget is. it cant be. I would keep the order and wait. Take delivery of the Tremor. Make a youtube video comparison. Drive it for a day or 2 then take any offer you get on it over what you paid. If it gets built this year and the entire economy doesnt crash worse than 2008, it will still be worth more than MSRP. Heck you dealership may even offer you double your deposit and make it easy. Worst case scenario you will have to sweat through 1 payment to sell it. And you get the joy of meeting the car you ordered, following through with things, and you wont have any unknown regrets about giving away the Tremor for a polished up s10.

bgn

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Mine was $39k MSRP, and I find it an incredible value. Good luck finding a truck with these features for close.
I think when compared to a Ridgeline, it makes sense to buy a Maverick. But I'm not sure I'd drop 42k on a Maverick vs a "real" truck with significantly more capability and, likely, better fit and finish. The Lariat offers very little improvements on the interior vs a 21k XL.

gte105u

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I think when compared to a Ridgeline, it makes sense to buy a Maverick. But I'm not sure I'd drop 42k on a Maverick vs a "real" truck with significantly more capability and, likely, better fit and finish. The Lariat offers very little improvements on the interior vs a 21k XL.
I've driven about every type of mid and full size truck out there. I rent cars weekly for work and frequently get a truck. The Maverick Lariat has every bit as good fit and finish as the Tacoma, Frontier, Colorado, etc. Haven't driven the new Tacoma or Colorado, so we'll see there but probably the same.

I don't need to tow more than 4k. I don't need more off-road than the FX4. But I like not spending mid to high 40's for the features I am looking for. And I like fitting it in my garage next to my wife's SUV. After 6 weeks my son still gets in the truck and says how much he loves it. We rig up the fishing poles and smile at how nice it is to have a truck again... wile sitting easily on the tailgate because it's not jacked up. I like the size of the cab, which is larger than a Ranger. And I don't hit my head on the top of the door like I do in a Tacoma.

I get your personal opinion that if you're going to spend this much, get a "real truck". But this is every bit the real truck the vast majority of people need. For them, its a great value and middle ground. Just want that counter point out there for those on the fence reading.

OP
OP

Ophidian

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If it gets built this year and the entire economy doesnt crash worse than 2008, it will still be worth more than MSRP. Heck you dealership may even offer you double your deposit and make it easy. Worst case scenario you will have to sweat through 1 payment to sell it.
I suppose the state of the economy and truck market are going to factor into this for sure. I’m not too keen to take a risk and losing money if I take delivery. Even if it’s worth more than MSRP, I’d have to cover sales tax paid of ~$3,600 and that seems like a bit of a gamble.

polished up s10.
:ROFLMAO: If you’re a fan of The Last of Us, you’d know that only S10’s are going to be around when things go bad.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.