Nw_adventure

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element/ Toyota Highlander
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Can the interior console pull out rubber liners be dipped ?
Sponsored

SgtLip

Banned
Banned
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lexus ES300h Ultra Luxury
I taped off a small box around them and just sprayed it (box only enclosed the letters and surrounding vent). It released off the vent well but didn’t snap at the edges of the letters quite like I expected , which could have been sub par prep and/or not enough coats. Some gentle scoring of it around the letters lifted it clean. Overspray wipes off easy with a bit of detailing spray

not sure on the oval size to be honest. I thought about overlays but really didn’t want to still have the outer chrome ring. I’m sure there will be or are solutions but this was pretty easy and I didn’t have to take the truck apart to work with the badges which I had zero desire to do to my brand new ride 😀
Not sure I fully understand but thanks. I'll go try and find a YouTube video about it.

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Breakout, 21 Road King Special, 22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Not sure I fully understand but thanks. I'll go try and find a YouTube video about it.
If you find some good video how about posting a link. Thanks

OP
OP
mdl20813

mdl20813

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cactus Gray Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Can the interior console pull out rubber liners be dipped ?
I suppose you could but I’m not sure how well it would work on something super flexible like those inserts. Seems like any twisting or bending might tear and edge or something. I guess if you just sprayed it, dropped it in and weren’t messing with it, it might be ok. I’ve only ever applied it to hard surfaces.

OP
OP
mdl20813

mdl20813

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cactus Gray Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Sponsored

Nw_adventure

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element/ Toyota Highlander
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I suppose you could but I’m not sure how well it would work on something super flexible like those inserts. Seems like any twisting or bending might tear and edge or something. I guess if you just sprayed it, dropped it in and weren’t messing with it, it might be ok. I’ve only ever applied it to hard surfaces.
Trying to see about those and how to get a different color armrest center console.

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Straight from the source

Wow! That's some amazing stuff! I just can't believe how well it worked and how it basically cut itself around the emblems! Also how easy the clean up was.
I'm curious to know how well it holds with car washing and if it got a nick in it would it just peel off? I'm going to have to try this stuff out just to see what it's like.

neosolidus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It has 2 or more wheels and an engine!
Engine
Undecided
Wow! That's some amazing stuff! I just can't believe how well it worked and how it basically cut itself around the emblems! Also how easy the clean up was.
I'm curious to know how well it holds with car washing and if it got a nick in it would it just peel off? I'm going to have to try this stuff out just to see what it's like.
My winter wheels on my and gf bimmers are plasticdippee black and have seen 2 MN Winters and survived a plethora of tunnel touchless washes(sometimes 5 a week).

If done right, it is basically there until you want it off.

Oh also our plastidipped wheels get manhandled by the Costco tire people twice a year and survived that too( they are not gentle at all)

slashy42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Thanks for the inspiration, I was planning to do this to my velocity blue XLT. Looks great!

Sponsored

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My winter wheels on my and gf bimmers are plasticdippee black and have seen 2 MN Winters and survived a plethora of tunnel touchless washes(sometimes 5 a week).

If done right, it is basically there until you want it off.

Oh also our plastidipped wheels get manhandled by the Costco tire people twice a year and survived that too( they are not gentle at all)
Damn, that's incredible that this stuff is that tough, especially seeing how easy it is to peel around badges (we don't need any stinking badges!🤣) and easy clean up! Now I'm definitely going to try this stuff!!

OP
OP
mdl20813

mdl20813

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cactus Gray Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Just ordered my kit. THANKS.
Sweet good luck! Go super light on the dust coats and do everything you can to ensure the spray can is nice and warm. I think those things make a big difference for application. That and really prepping the surfaces.

SgtLip

Banned
Banned
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lexus ES300h Ultra Luxury
Just ordered my kit. THANKS.
CAUTION!!! I just spoke to Brad at DipYourCar.
Brad Keller
Product Support Tech.
1(855)847-5825Fax(954)531-1887
2103 Park Central Blvd North
Pompano Beach, FL 33064

The HyperDip will NOT WORK, repeat will NOT WORK with ANY Ceramic Coatings/Sprays.

He said if you Cermic Coat your truck the HyperDip will NOT stick. If you HyperDip your emblems and ceramic coat the truck it will eat the HyperDip.

So bottom line, if you want to HyperDip or PlastiDip your Maverick, you cannot ceramic coat/spray it.

Sorry about the bad news.
Sponsored