First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Breakout, 21 Road King Special, 22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
CAUTION!!! I just spoke to Brad at DipYourCar.
Brad Keller
Product Support Tech.
1(855)847-5825Fax(954)531-1887
2103 Park Central Blvd North
Pompano Beach, FL 33064

The HyperDip will NOT WORK, repeat will NOT WORK with ANY Ceramic Coatings/Sprays.

He said if you Cermic Coat your truck the HyperDip will NOT stick. If you HyperDip your emblems and ceramic coat the truck it will eat the HyperDip.

So bottom line, if you want to HyperDip or PlastiDip your Maverick, you cannot ceramic coat/spray it.

Sorry about the bad news.
Wow that's sad news, but thankful that you found out! I guess there's not going to be any Hyper dipping on my truck! I wonder if clear coating the hyper-dip would protect it from the ceramic coating?
Sponsored

vezpa

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
EMG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too many to list.
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It looks good but I'd rather have a black/silver/white style emblem.

neosolidus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It has 2 or more wheels and an engine!
Engine
Undecided
Just ordered my kit. THANKS.
the key to good adhesion is make sure you clean it well, clean with soap and then after clean it with alcohol several times and make sure that you do plenty of coats and that the initial 3 or so are very light.
Our wheels now have 8 coats(4 base black, 2 metallic black and 2 clear) and have held up incredibly well.

The first time I did it, I just did 3 heavier coats and it did not hold up(rim edges shrank but the rest wheel still was fine) so I re did them with 8 light coats and this upcoming winter will be their 3rd.

neosolidus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
Undecided
CAUTION!!! I just spoke to Brad at DipYourCar.
Brad Keller
Product Support Tech.
1(855)847-5825Fax(954)531-1887
2103 Park Central Blvd North
Pompano Beach, FL 33064

The HyperDip will NOT WORK, repeat will NOT WORK with ANY Ceramic Coatings/Sprays.

He said if you Cermic Coat your truck the HyperDip will NOT stick. If you HyperDip your emblems and ceramic coat the truck it will eat the HyperDip.

So bottom line, if you want to HyperDip or PlastiDip your Maverick, you cannot ceramic coat/spray it.

Sorry about the bad news.
nothing should stick to ceramic coating so that is a given, my wheels as well as all chrome pieces on my daily are plastic dipped and my vehicles are treated with the ceramic sprays and it has not hurt the plastic dip, in fact it has helped keep brake dust off the wheels.

neosolidus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
Undecided
Ford Maverick HyperDip = Bye chrome trim (blacked out emblems with plastidip like spray) PXL_20211019_211635876
Ford Maverick HyperDip = Bye chrome trim (blacked out emblems with plastidip like spray) PXL_20211019_211818928
Ford Maverick HyperDip = Bye chrome trim (blacked out emblems with plastidip like spray) PXL_20211019_211859689

All that black trim used to be chrome, now has been plastidipped for 3 years, that wheel(summer) has been plastidipped for 3 years.

I spray that ceramic spray on them like there is no tomorrow and it has not hurt it one bit.

Sponsored

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
PXL_20211019_211635876.jpg
PXL_20211019_211818928.jpg
PXL_20211019_211859689.jpg

All that black trim used to be chrome, now has been plastidipped for 3 years, that wheel(summer) has been plastidipped for 3 years.

I spray that ceramic spray on them like there is no tomorrow and it has not hurt it one bit.
Well that's great to know! Thanks

neosolidus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
Undecided
Well that's great to know! Thanks
I might not be using them as intended but can't argue with the results!

and before someone says...."but that spray is not real ceramic......", look at how reflective and shiny that dirty car is even after taking 3 years of MN salt and brine crap, so although it might not be real ceramic it does the job well and for next to nothing.

FirstFord

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Jetta
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Interesting. As an earlier poster said, no reason to doubt that you can't apply this after ceramic coat; that's the whole point of ceramic.

But why a ceramic treatment would eat this coating is much less obvious.

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
nothing should stick to ceramic coating so that is a given, my wheels as well as all chrome pieces on my daily are plastic dipped and my vehicles are treated with the ceramic sprays and it has not hurt the plastic dip, in fact it has helped keep brake dust off the wheels.
Just to be clear are you using the Hyper-Dip product mentioned in this thread or a different brand of plastic dip. This product is new to me so I don't know how many different brands or types of plastic dip paint (?) there are available. I would certainly think that Brad Keller at Dipyourcar would know if his product could take being ceramic coated or not, however your real world statement does give me pause.
I do know from my research that not all ceramic coating are the same, in that to be labeled "ceramic" there is a certain silica or in the case of Graphene, carbon, percentage level that has to be in the product to be "ceramic". I'm currently using Adam's Polishes Graphene and have been very pleased with the results on my Harleys.
So I have to wonder when Brad Keller states that putting ceramic coating on Hyper-dip will eat away at the hyper-dip, which ceramic coat product did they use to verify this? Certainly, your statement and many harsh winters in MN have shown that this isn't the case.

SgtLip

Banned
Banned
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lexus ES300h Ultra Luxury
Are you saying your wheels and chrome have been ceramic coated and PlastiDiped and it hasn't affected the dip? Did you PlastiDip and then apply the coating or vice versa?

All I know is the guy at DYC told me on the telephone that the dip would dissolve when the ceramic spray/coating touched it. He said it was basically the coating is an alcohol base and dissolves the PlastiDip.

Sponsored

neosolidus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
Undecided
Are you saying your wheels and chrome have been ceramic coated and PlastiDiped and it hasn't affected the dip? Did you PlastiDip and then apply the coating or vice versa?

All I know is the guy at DYC told me on the telephone that the dip would dissolve when the ceramic spray/coating touched it. He said it was basically the coating is an alcohol base and dissolves the PlastiDip.
everything was plastidipped first then coated, as far as what the DYC guy told you, he told you the truth if you apply the coating first whether it is ceramix, wax or a simple sealant then nothing will stick to it, be it plastidip or any type of wrap.

I didn't use the DYC product on this car,I wanted the metallic black which at the time only dupli color had it but as they say plastidip is plastidip so if it works for one it should work for another.

I get it from menards for about $3 bucks a can which beats paying sometimes as high a $10 from other places.

Rozay

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mav EB FWD LUX Area 51
Not a fan personally. Now if theres a way to have the ford in the same body color then im all for it

neosolidus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
Undecided
Not a fan personally. Now if theres a way to have the ford in the same body color then im all for it

there is always a way, it depends on the amount of effort you are willing to put into it or the amount of money you are willing to pay.... :D

Last edited:

AngeloInSC

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda CX-5
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Took my first stab at Hyper Dip this weekend. I’ve used PlastiDip back in the day but haven’t used these newer formulas. Application went pretty smooth (warming spray cans in the hot tub helped atomize)

Removal was a little trickier than their videos make it seem, the XLT letters took some extra work. That may have been a prep issue or not enough coats applied so can’t blame the product. Turned out really good overall and the nice thing is it can always be redone!

3B9E4DC3-7512-4FFE-B90F-005632668382.jpeg

25C0F60B-A3AC-4832-B9AD-08BA467898C9.jpeg

6AAE7691-F0A0-4C97-9E68-6CA6EEA6DB9C.jpeg

E5166994-DBC2-454D-89B0-641A32D5D072.jpeg

8808C2F1-9244-459E-B3E1-1DB4C0FFBF7A.jpeg

7D7F3DDB-9C3B-4256-ABF9-94027FBDBF2A.jpeg
Which color did you use? Looks like there are 4 different blacks.

OP
OP
mdl20813

mdl20813

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cactus Gray Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Which color did you use? Looks like there are 4 different blacks.
Shadow Black. It best matches the finish on the XLT door handles and other parts. Plus the gloss and metallics are apparently a bit more challenging to apply and I was already working in sub optimal weather.
Sponsored