Sponsored

Hybrid with 4K tow? 🤔 What's going on here?

Maverick Life

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

2022 Lariat for sale in NC and photo claims Hybrid with 4K towing. Unless I'm reading the order guide wrong, those two couldn't be combined in 2022. Could this be an accident/mistake? aftermarket upgrade? some config I missed? something else?

Ford Maverick Hybrid with 4K tow? 🤔 What's going on here? hybrid-4k
Sponsored

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer Limited; 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Dealer screwup.

Despite 65% of Mavericks being EB, a lot of people just assume they are mostly hybrid.

22RolloverClub

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru Crosstrek, 2019 VW Jetta
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My rule of thumb, never ever trust any detailed info on a dealer page. It's almost always generic copy paste crap. That or it's some sales person blindly checking off incorrect options. Look at the window sticker if it's listed for the correct info. No hybrid can be equipped with 4K towing.

Edit:
Ford Maverick Hybrid with 4K tow? 🤔 What's going on here? Screenshot_20230302-144001

OP
OP
Maverick Life

Maverick Life

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Dealer screwup.

Despite 65% of Mavericks being EB, a lot of people just assume they are mostly hybrid.
That was my first thought but this time they must have assumed the 4K tow pkg? The window sticker shows Hybrid with correct mpgs. Maybe somebody thought that's what the "trailer hitch receiver" is?

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
That was my first thought but this time they must have assumed the 4K tow pkg? The window sticker shows Hybrid with correct mpgs. Maybe somebody thought that's what the "trailer hitch receiver" is?
Probably. They see the hitch and go "cool, 4K!"

Sponsored

Kevin H.

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Dealer listings are rarely accurate. I go by the pics to confirm features and know the specs. I've seen hybrids with EcoBoost MPGs listed and vice versa. I've seen 2K tow rating when it clearly has the 4K tow package, like they don't even know what they have! (If they don't show the trailer brake like I would highlight, look for the 7-pin and 5-pin connections by the hitch. No 4K, no 7-pin.) I could go on. It's ridiculous.

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Dealer listings are rarely accurate. I go by the pics to confirm features and know the specs. I've seen hybrids with EcoBoost MPGs listed and vice versa. I've seen 2K tow rating when it clearly has the 4K tow package, like they don't even know what they have! (If they don't show the trailer brake like I would highlight, look for the 7-pin and 5-pin connections by the hitch. No 4K, no 7-pin.) I could go on. It's ridiculous.
Unless your dealer likes to use stock images. All of the Mavs that have hit my dealer are XL based on the stock pic but I know for a fact they have Lariats there. Window Sticker is what I usually go by. Plus, my dealer won't actually post the sticker if the vehicle isn't actually for sale, which makes it a lot easier to see what is in stock.

FromAway

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat FX4 4K Cactus Grey
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Why does it seem the more expensive the transaction, the more likley there is to be mistakes like this. Realtors are even worse than car salesmen. Meanwhile my local supermarket rarely makes a mistake in their weekly ads.

JBryant

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid Alto Blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I would love to go up to the sales manager there and have them show me the window sticker showing a hybrid with a 4K tow package. i guess it also has an off-road package as well and was probably driven only to church by a little old lady who did not attend very often.

Sponsored

bbhaag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT, Mustang Mach-E GT Performance
Engine
Undecided
My rule of thumb, never ever trust any detailed info on a dealer page. It's almost always generic copy paste crap. That or it's some sales person blindly checking off incorrect options. Look at the window sticker if it's listed for the correct info. No hybrid can be equipped with 4K towing.

Edit:
Screenshot_20230302-144001.png
Yep, most likely an uninformed person at the dealership probably assumed that because it has the hitch it must have the tow package.

I've seen it happen multiple times on the forum as well. People make posts assuming because they purchased a Mav with a hitch it must have the tow package.

This one is even stranger to me because I would think that if some one was making a big purchase like a vehicle they would make sure what options it comes with and which ones it doesn't but nope.🤷‍♂️

FromAway

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat FX4 4K Cactus Grey
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I would love to go up to the sales manager there and have them show me the window sticker showing a hybrid with a 4K tow package. i guess it also has an off-road package as well and was probably driven only to church by a little old lady who did not attend very often.
Someone in the NC area should definitely do it. Play dumb and see if the sales person knows what they are talking about. When I was trying to find one to see in person just as they were starting to hit dealerships I was shocked at how little some of them knew about the Maverick. Some flat out told me they weren't making them yet when customers already had them in their possession and pre-orders had been open for 5 months.

JBryant

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid Alto Blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Oh yes. Stupidity is alive and well.

OrCoaster

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
81 VW Caddy and 96 Ford Ranger
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Meanwhile, my local supermarket rarely makes a mistake in their weekly ads.
Say what? You haven't seen those weekly ads sporting a dozen eggs for $497.00? What's a couple of decimal places between friends?

fishfund

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram Promaster 136 WB HR
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It’s simple. It’s easy for us to know because we are Maverick enthusiasts. Car salesmen could be maverick enthusiasts but are more likely people who need a job and money. So they work their job and don’t care about it and since they don’t care they make mistakes that are obvious to you and I but not to them.

That’s all that’s happening. You see this behavior in every industry
Sponsored