Sponsored

Sport Mode with Ecoboost, AWD, and 4K Tow, is AMAZING!

Taildragger

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Martt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick AWD, Jeep Deserthawk
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I only have a little over 300 miles on my Cactus Gray XLT, but I've already become intoxicated with Sport Mode!

Ford Maverick Sport Mode with Ecoboost, AWD, and 4K Tow, is AMAZING! 2.1.22

I see info that suggests about a 6 second 0-60 time when you also have the 4K tow package (due to different gear ratios) but, just like I experienced with a 2014 Escape we had with the 2.0 Ecoboost, I think the time from 0-45 is even more relevant. I don't have any actual data, but it 'feels' even faster than the 6 second 0-60 would indicate... I think the 0-45 is truly blistering quick, and then it settles a little on the way to 60.

It sure is fun! And that little 'circle-hand' freaky button is actually quite handy since it's for the 'auto hold' of the brakes. A quick leap off the line at the stoplight is even easier when you can have your foot already off the brake : )

Love. My. Maverick.

Cactus Gray
2.0 EB with AWD
XLT Luxury
4K Tow
Spray In Liner
Full Size Spare
Manual Sliding Window
Sponsored

bbhaag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT, Mustang Mach-E GT Performance
Engine
Undecided
Nice build man it looks amazing! It almost mirrors ours except instead of CG and a full size spare we opted for Oxford White and Co-Pilot 360.

Haven't had a chance to really try out Sport mode yet though because this is my wifes truck and she gets to drive it before I do so I don't have much "behind the wheel time".

I've heard so many members raving about this sport mode though and it's driving me crazy to try it out. haha :)

TruckVille

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alto Blue, 4K Tow, Luxury Package, Flux Capacitor
Ha, I'm right there with you! :p I'm REALLY impressed with the way Sport Mode keeps the revs up, and the upshifts and downshifts feel the way they would if I was shifting a manual. I also noticed that Sport Mode feels like it "keeps it in gear" when you are slowing down, like a manual transmission. It helps slow the truck when you let off the gas. Anyway, it does a pretty good job of simulating a manual transmission. I've become a fan.

OP
OP
Taildragger

Taildragger

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Martt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Nice build man it looks amazing! It almost mirrors ours except instead of CG and a full size spare we opted for Oxford White and Co-Pilot 360.

Haven't had a chance to really try out Sport mode yet though because this is my wifes truck and she gets to drive it before I do so I don't have much "behind the wheel time".

I've heard so many members raving about this sport mode though and it's driving me crazy to try it out. haha :)
The dealer I bought it from gets the credit for the build as it was one they had on order, and I found it thru an inventory search in early December. Picked it up last Saturday, 1-29-22.

The Mav will make her happy for sure... has she tried Sport Mode? It'll either scare her a bit, or make her grin from ear to ear!

OP
OP
Taildragger

Taildragger

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Martt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ha, I'm right there with you! :p I'm REALLY impressed with the way Sport Mode keeps the revs up, and the upshifts and downshifts feel the way they would if I was shifting a manual. I also noticed that Sport Mode feels like it "keeps it in gear" when you are slowing down, like a manual transmission. It helps slow the truck when you let off the gas. Anyway, it does a pretty good job of simulating a manual transmission. I've become a fan.
Totally agree -

Sponsored

Barracuda340

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
94 Silverado , 07 mustang, 69 barracuda
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I got a cactus grey XLT AWD on order with full size spare, the 2K tow hitch and in cab power inverter. These are the only options i selected. I originally selected the 4K tow, but then had it removed from my order since its doubtful I will ever really tow anything heavier than 2,000 lbs with it, and very rarely will I use it for any actual towing at all.

I want the AWD for the effed up winters we experience in west Texas. As of the time I am writing this, we are in the middle of an ice storm. I sure coulda used that AWD today. Not sure the different gear ratios from the AWD 4K vs the regular AWD would make that much difference in zero to 60, but even if they do it's not worth it for myself. Not looking for a speed demon, just a sure footed daily driver.

I am going to use that savings from removing the 4K tow for a nice set of aftermarket rims for my new ride whenever ford decides they want to build it.

weebee

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco sport, 2019 Subaru Forester limited
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I can't wait to try this! Even with the 1.5 Eco on my Bronco. When you put it in sport mode. It really wakes that little sucker up. Granted it is 70 HP less than the 2.0. But it is a fun little thing to drive.

OP
OP
Taildragger

Taildragger

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Martt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I got a cactus grey XLT AWD on order with full size spare, the 2K tow hitch and in cab power inverter. These are the only options i selected. I originally selected the 4K tow, but then had it removed from my order since its doubtful I will ever really tow anything heavier than 2,000 lbs with it, and very rarely will I use it for any actual towing at all.

I want the AWD for the effed up winters we experience in west Texas. As of the time I am writing this, we are in the middle of an ice storm. I sure coulda used that AWD today. Not sure the different gear ratios from the AWD 4K vs the regular AWD would make that much difference in zero to 60, but even if they do it's not worth it for myself. Not looking for a speed demon, just a sure footed daily driver.

I am going to use that savings from removing the 4K tow for a nice set of aftermarket rims for my new ride whenever ford decides they want to build it.
I'm in northern Indiana and we've had quite a nice snowfall in the last couple days (I love winter) and the Maverick AWD is amazingly sure-footed in the snow. It's actually fun to drive at the same time that I see 2WD cars and mini vans having all kinds of trouble.

You'll be very happy with the Mav : )

Barracuda340

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
94 Silverado , 07 mustang, 69 barracuda
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm in northern Indiana and we've had quite a nice snowfall in the last couple days (I love winter) and the Maverick AWD is amazingly sure-footed in the snow. It's actually fun to drive at the same time that I see 2WD cars and mini vans having all kinds of trouble.

You'll be very happy with the Mav : )
That's good to know. Now if ford will just spin their random order wheel and land on my order and build it, that would be great.

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I only have a little over 300 miles on my Cactus Gray XLT, but I've already become intoxicated with Sport Mode!

2.1.22.jpg

I see info that suggests about a 6 second 0-60 time when you also have the 4K tow package (due to different gear ratios) but, just like I experienced with a 2014 Escape we had with the 2.0 Ecoboost, I think the time from 0-45 is even more relevant. I don't have any actual data, but it 'feels' even faster than the 6 second 0-60 would indicate... I think the 0-45 is truly blistering quick, and then it settles a little on the way to 60.

It sure is fun! And that little 'circle-hand' freaky button is actually quite handy since it's for the 'auto hold' of the brakes. A quick leap off the line at the stoplight is even easier when you can have your foot already off the brake : )

Love. My. Maverick.

Cactus Gray
2.0 EB with AWD
XLT Luxury
4K Tow
Spray In Liner
Full Size Spare
Manual Sliding Window
I get the excitement of this drivetrain as I test drove a 2022 Edge and then XLT Mav with same ECO/AWD package before ordering my Maverick. However, I'm a big believer in compliance with the initial break-in period and 1st oil change before hammering my vehicles.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Taildragger

Taildragger

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Martt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I get the excitement of this drivetrain as I test drove a 2022 Edge and then XLT Mav with same ECO/AWD package before ordering my Maverick. However, I'm a big believer in compliance with the initial break-in period and 1st oil change before hammering my vehicles.
Well, just to clarify, a handful of 3/4 throttle accelerations after first putting 200 miles on it isn't exactly hammering.

chopjohnson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT
If you really want to romp on it in Sport Mode, a good idea is to turn 360 off if you have it. I floored it with it on and I received a collision warning because of on coming traffic on a regular street not highway. LOL.

BDUB

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, XL, 4x4. 2021 Ford Explorer xlt
Sport mode is great! I use it in my 2019 Ranger and 2021 Explorer ALL the time. Loving the ecoboost engines that Ford has been putting out and can't wait to get a Maverick for my daily driving.

OP
OP
Taildragger

Taildragger

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Martt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If you really want to romp on it in Sport Mode, a good idea is to turn 360 off if you have it. I floored it with it on and I received a collision warning because of on coming traffic on a regular street not highway. LOL.
Ha! Indeed.

I specifically looked for a Maverick without 360, so it's not an issue for me.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
Undecided
Sport mode is great! I use it in my 2019 Ranger and 2021 Explorer ALL the time. Loving the ecoboost engines that Ford has been putting out and can't wait to get a Maverick for my daily driving.
Happy to hear you are just as excited for the Maverick as we are! :)
Sponsored