2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Fiesta
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Good morning everyone,

So like many others I need to reorder my 23 to a 24.
My original order order was an XL hybrid, after talking with my wife we're thinking of getting a teardrop trailer and using that for some festivals and fairs where she will sell some of her art.

The ones we're looking at have a dry weight of 1300 lbs, which doesn't leave us a lot of room for gear and such. Do you think it would be better to order an XL with the 4k tow package even if we might only use teardrop four times a year?

Price difference between the two would be $1375, was mainly looking at the hybrid because of the gas mileage I work about 8 miles from home and with the hybrid could go weeks without filling up lol.
Sponsored

FischAutoTechGarten

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Green Valley Arizona USA, Alamos Sonora MEX
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mav Lariat EB AWD 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Good morning everyone,

My original order order was an XL hybrid, after talking with my wife we're thinking of getting a teardrop trailer and using that for some festivals and fairs where she will sell some of her art.

The ones we're looking at have a dry weight of 1300 lbs, which doesn't leave us a lot of room for gear and such. Do you think it would be better to order an XL with the 4k tow package even if we might only use teardrop four times a year?

Price difference between the two would be $1375, was mainly looking at the hybrid because of the gas mileage I work about 8 miles from home and with the hybrid could go weeks without filling up lol.
Look into whether or not the battery will fully charge on those short trips.

Pulling an existing 1600lb pop-up with my underpowered Nissan Frontier at elevation a few times a year was all I needed to make the leap to EB/AWD/4K.

OleFordGuy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Lariat, Expedition Limited, 22 Mav Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
IMO by the time you load it up with all your stuff you might be real close to the limit Without 4k tow. Who knows what terrain you may encounter on your trips. Why risk it or force yourselves to not do what you want. I’d go with the 4k tow pkg all day long. I have it and awd on mine, zero regrets. Go have Fun !!

ShadowChas

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Good morning everyone,

You will also have a greater chance of getting an ecoboost delivered, since the lower percentage of hybrids being made are also taking longer (since last year orders being rolled over & get higher priority).

Ozarkbeard

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 XL CP360
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

If only occasional towing, I'd get the Hybrid. Otherwise, I would get the EB.

Your "8 mile" commute would see a benefit from the Hybrid if it's mostly stop & go. If it's mostly freeway, you lose much of its advantage of the Hybrid.

prsncat

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick XLT EB AWD BAP CP360
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

The independent rear suspension on the AWD EB is more enjoyable than the FWD Hybrid. I sold a 22 XL Hybrid when I ordered my 23 XLT EB AWD because I preferred the ride (and the 8-speed transmission over the CVT).

As others have stated, I would also be concerned about being at or over the hybrid's tow rating. My towing rule is always to have a vehicle with at least 1,000 lbs. more rating than the trailer.
Sponsored