First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
All Fords
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Dog gone it My 1st ever issue is the shuttering upon taking off in eco mode doing 25 the truck shuttered so bad I hit my brakes as I thought I ran something over! So I Google the issue and came across this forum now time to read up!
Sorry forgot to mention only 6600 miles I do drive this truck like a granny ever since new! Just so I can get every last mpg and in eco modešŸ˜ Man I hope Ford gets this figured out asap. But dang I do love this truck!!!!!!
Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
Undecided
Dog gone it My 1st ever issue is the shuttering upon taking off in eco mode doing 25 the truck shuttered so bad I hit my brakes as I thought I ran something over! So I Google the issue and came across this forum now time to read up!
Good morning! Would you privately message us with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer so I can look into this shudder concern on my end? Thank you!

MojoJojo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mav Hybrid XLT
Oh wow, so many are experiencing this now like we were on the earlier builds/delivery. I still get this as a matter of fact it just happened 10 minutes ago. It only happens when ICE is cold and when battery is transitioning to ICE. Mostly when i am accelerating and once it happened decelerating. The common thing has been it has always done on a cold engine.

As this is officially being looked at @Ford Motor Company would you like to take a note of my VIN as well please? :rolleyes:

AlanB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Velo Blue Hybrid Maverick XL / Toyota Highlander
I've experienced this shudder as well. Symptoms seem to be pretty much as Cougar described them. For me it seems to happen not long after starting a trip, when I'm going up an incline in electric mode and then depress the accelerator. Doesn't happen very often, but it is scary when it happens. Taking the foot off the accelerator seems to ease it. It's as if a belt is slipping. I'll message the Ford account, since that seems to be what that account is asking.

TarMinyatur

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My Hybrid Maverick has 9000km and Iā€™ve felt the shudder since day 1.

like you guys wrote, always when release gas pedal to "force" a switch from the ICE to the elector motor.

The shudder has been subtle to invasive enough to actually stop the truck on the side because the whole thing was vibrating like crazy but usually itā€™s subtle vibrations I can feel.

Dealer donā€™t know a thing about this, obviously.

It kind of reminds me the feeling of a push start on a motorcycle.

Iā€™ve been lurking since March here waiting to see a solution for this issue.

I had many issues (gas tank recall, overheating catalyst converter at idle, flame hazard recall) that Ford has corrected already and Iā€™m waiting for air bags recall parts and brake grab software release to correct those 2 problems.

Didnā€™t have problems with electrical harness but the TSB has been release so if it ever happens, it will get fixed.

I think Ford was good to fix all of the above problems so far but the Hybrid shudder problem have been showing here since day 1 and we yet have to see Ford acknowledge the problem of Hybrid shudder which kind of makes me nervous for the long term.

Yet, I knew what I was getting into buying a first MY.

Sponsored

cotillion19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XL Hybrid
I have also had this issue since day 1. I took delivery of my Hybrid in December of last year. Right at about 25 mph during acceleration, significant shudder. Happens a couple times a week. Would love to see Ford take a proactive stance with this.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
Undecided
I have also had this issue since day 1. I took delivery of my Hybrid in December of last year. Right at about 25 mph during acceleration, significant shudder. Happens a couple times a week. Would love to see Ford take a proactive stance with this.
Hi there! I can look into your Maverick's acceleration concern on my end. To get started, could you please send a private message over with the name/location of your local Ford dealer and your Maverick's VIN?

OP
OP

Mikknj

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mikk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT Luxury CO360
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I wonder if Ford will fix the issue before my Truck logs 36,000 miles? If it's the damper as some feel - will it be a covered part?

jalbano2

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
JAMES
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux, EB , 4k , FX4 , Moonroof
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hi all
My Hybrid XLT Mav has recently started to shudder when I accelerate then take my foot off the gas. The truck shifts to Electric and during that transition I feel a Shudder. Sometimes it's fairly strong, like when you drive over speed caution strips. Other times it's light but perceptible. I'm beginning to believe there is an issue needing a fix. I'm waiting for others to report similar. In all other ways the truck drives great, and I don't want to take it in because of parts shortages, and service personnel shortages. Are others experiencing this - maybe we can get Ford to take an interest in a recall.
Your not new to this forum. Please use the search feature this is not a new prblem.

OP
OP

Mikknj

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mikk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Your not new to this forum. Please use the search feature this is not a new problem.
You do realize I posted this last summer... I think someone reposted this from an earlier thread. But here's an update it's gotten worse, but not severe over the past months. Still waiting on a fix. It's about the only thing I don't like about the hybrid.
I drive around in sport mode now so the ICE doesn't shut down as much.

Sponsored
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick Hybrid Lariat First Edition
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My Lariat Hybrid FE has begun to shake when I let off the throttle. Has there been any update on this? Has Ford said anything??

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
Undecided
My Lariat Hybrid FE has begun to shake when I let off the throttle. Has there been any update on this? Has Ford said anything??
Hello. Go ahead and send us a private message with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer. Iā€™ll look into this shaking concern for you. Thanks!

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick Hybrid Lariat First Edition
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hello. Go ahead and send us a private message with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer. Iā€™ll look into this shaking concern for you. Thanks!
Iā€™ve sent you a message! Thank you for looking into this

OP
OP

Mikknj

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mikk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I also want to report this shaking with My Maverick.
It's gotten quite noticeable. Usually with the weather above 50 degrees, and when I lift my foot off the accelerator. Shudder as the engine shuts off and vehicle slows

Ghostrider72

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Mine has also started recently, at about 13,000 miles. Always when transitioning from gas to electric at low speeds. Very pronounced and very irritating.
Sponsored