First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just knocked off the Splash Guards and Hood Deflector.... Let's see if it makes it any quicker
Sponsored

MarkiNovi

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Explorer Sport Trac
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I got a similiar call from my dealer. I told him that I wasn't interested in the gas powered. I told him that if I don't have it by the end of the year I will consider a Escape hybrid, which I had before and was totalled.
That's the same thing I told mine. I can wait, and I don't think I will be sorry. I need the 40+mpg

zeketolliver

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Hyundai Tuscon NLine
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That's the same thing I told mine. I can wait, and I don't think I will be sorry. I need the 40+mpg
Sadly, my Insight is showing signs of giving out. The acceleration and deceleration transmission jumps are getting worse @ a mere 102kmi.

SgtLip

Banned
Banned
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lexus ES300h Ultra Luxury
Tim @ LM updated constraints today. Hybrid sits at 40% constraint. I didn't see that updated elsewhere so just sharing it.
I don't understand that. What does this mean?
How can your BASE MODEL vehicle be a constraint?

Unlikely_Username

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion
Reviews that came out yesterday for the hybrid are glowing.

One reviewer was getting over 30MPG while towing 2000 pounds.

0-60 time compared to the Ecoboost is closer than anticipated.

The transition between all electric to engine power was smoother than in the late model Escape hybrids.

No complaints about the eCVT.

Fuel economy in mixed driving was very commonly found to be over 40mpg, with nearly 60mpg possible while hypermiling.

Stick with your engine choice! It will be worth the wait!

Sponsored

SgtLip

Banned
Banned
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Does anyone know how I get my hybrid order to show up in on my ford account page? I received the email confirming from Ford, but when I go to my "orders and reservations" page on my dashboard it shows i have nothing.
Join the club. Most if not all of us don't show it. I've personally called Ford Customer Service and they are a totally useless entity. Don't even understand why they have a legitimate telephone number due to the fact that no one there knows a damn thing.

Just my opinion though.

huunvubu

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Only will see it once you get vin after your build is scheduled. That's what Ford told me last week.
I have both the VIN and a Build Schedule date and it does not show on my Ford page.

What I have read here on this site is that you need a VIN and you are actually in the build phase or about a week before build starts then it will show on the Ford page.

huunvubu

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I don't understand that. What does this mean?
How can your BASE MODEL vehicle be a constraint?
There is a CHIP shortage going on and the Hybrid has a lot more chips in it than the EcoBoost.

Take a look at this video to get a handle on some of the extra electronics (chips) that are needed for the Hybrid but not for the EcoBoost:

SgtLip

Banned
Banned
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
There is a CHIP shortage going on and the Hybrid has a lot more chips in it than the EcoBoost.

Take a look at this video to get a handle on some of the extra electronics (chips) that are needed for the Hybrid but not for the EcoBoost:

Gotcha. Haven't looked at the video yet, but I will.
I understand the chip shortage, that's all everyone on the forum, TV and internet are talking about. I just didn't understand the statement about the Hybrid being 40% constrained. Didn't understand how the whole Hybrid vehicle could at 40%. Either it is or it isn't is the way I always thought it was. Like the Mud Flaps, you can't install what you don't have. So they are either constrained or they aren't.

So let me ask it a different way. Does this mean out of 100 Hybrid Builds, they will ONLY build 40?

So how does this play with the Luxury Package being constrained 17%?

Big_T

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
****So let me ask it a different way. Does this mean out of 100 Hybrid Builds, they will ONLY build 40?

Out of 100 Mavericks 60 will be ecoboost and 40 will be hybrid.
Out of 100 Mavericks 17 will have luxury package.

Sponsored

SgtLip

Banned
Banned
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Out of 100 Mavericks 60 will be ecoboost and 40 will be hybrid.
Out of 100 Mavericks 17 will have luxury package.
Okay, but wasn't it Ford's plan all along to build 60% EB and 40% Hybrid? If so, how is the statement "Tim @ LM updated constraints today. Hybrid sits at 40% constraint." NEW News?

huunvubu

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So let me ask it a different way. Does this mean out of 100 Hybrid Builds, they will ONLY build 40?
Out of 100 Maverick builds 40 will be Hybrids and 60 will be EcoBoost.

Out of 100 Maverick builds only 17-20 will be built that have the Luxury Package. XLT 17%, Lariat 20%

As for how this works out if your build is a Hybrid that has the Luxury Package your order may be one of the lucky ones who are in that 40% and 17% group but overall odds are more likely those percentages combined or 6.8% or 7 out of 100 will be Hybrid with the Luxury Package.

Big_T

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Okay, but wasn't it Ford's plan all along to build 60% EB and 40% Hybrid? If so, how is the statement "Tim @ LM updated constraints today. Hybrid sits at 40% constraint." NEW News?
I didn't now that was new news....I believe I've heard Tim say the same for weeks now. Fords problem is that orders are more like 60%hybrid and 40% ecoboost, the exact opposite of their initial plan.

SgtLip

Banned
Banned
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I didn't now that was new news....I believe I've heard Tim say the same for weeks now. Fords problem is that orders are more like 60%hybrid and 40% ecoboost, the exact opposite of their initial plan.
Okay, maybe I've got it wrong. I thought the goal all along was 60/40 EB. They didn't expect this many Hybrids to be ordered.

As for it being NEW news, I'm going by the #745 post that says Tim updated constraints. So I take that to mean, this is NEW news.

But if the plan was to build 60/40 Hybrid, then I have it all wrong and apologize for confusion.

Hdang1980

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Okay, maybe I've got it wrong. I thought the goal all along was 60/40 EB. They didn't expect this many Hybrids to be ordered.

As for it being NEW news, I'm going by the #745 post that says Tim updated constraints. So I take that to mean, this is NEW news.

But if the plan was to build 60/40 Hybrid, then I have it all wrong and apologize for confusion.
Both are right in a sense. Initial production from Ford was 35/65 with the intent of achieving 40/60 after working out all the kinks at the factory. The update from Tim would suggest the kinks have been worked out.
Sponsored