yakefu

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm always in the waiting game in the US. Now I'm waiting for the Maverick XTL. I'm also waiting for the interview call from LASD regarding the CCW permit. Both of them take months to complete.
Sponsored

Wire4money

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Wrangler
Engine
Undecided
I called Ford today and they gave me my VIN. Once again my dealer did not inform me. No build date yet, the status says:
Primary StatusIn Order Processing
Mine says that, too. Dealer says itā€™s scheduled week of 9/13. I donā€™t think a vin is assigned unless it has been scheduled.

NavyBob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XL
Hybrid Lariat with Lux Pkg and 360 still waiting for some news. Order confirmed by Ford on June 9. Was hoping that Oct would be build month but It looks like it will not happen, bummer!!

richmaui

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Has anyone who has ordered a hybrid received a build confirmation? Hopefully most of you all arenā€™t in my situation and are banking on this car to replace a car I recently totaled. Weā€™re in this together!
[/QUOTE

I'm in the same boat! Trying to figure out how to wait this out since this is the truck i want adn I'd rather beg/borrow/steal a car in between.

richmaui

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
I have to be in this group. I ordered area 51 XLT Hybrid+ Luxury Pkg+Moon Roof. I have the confirmation number on 07/26.
We have to let Ford know that the Hybrid group needs to treat equel with Eco boost.
Pretty sure the hybrid orders are a lot of Ford's new customers. The Hybrid Truck has been the Holy Grail for many who want a truck, but drive a Prius...

Sponsored

SgtLip

Banned
Banned
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lexus ES300h Ultra Luxury
Pretty sure the hybrid orders are a lot of Ford's new customers.
If it is, they are blowing it big time if they don't start making more.

FirstFord

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Jetta
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Pretty sure the hybrid orders are a lot of Ford's new customers. The Hybrid Truck has been the Holy Grail for many who want a truck, but drive a Prius...
I don't drive a Prius, but the hybrid drivetrain was absolutely the feature that drew me in.
It's a complicated path that led me from my ideal next vehicle to the Maverick, but the fuel efficiency and price ere key.

crazymomlv

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mary Macioce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT on order and Subaru outback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

zeketolliver

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Hyundai Tuscon NLine
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Alright, y'all....we just saw a flurry of hybrid build dates. The dust has settled.

What is/was your celebratory/conciliatory spirit of choice. Non-alcohol replies are welcome.

Me, I am imbibing Columbus Brewing Co (OH) Bodhi--double IPA 8.3%....I am working on my 3rd.

Ford Maverick Hybrid Order Support Group 20210813_211920

fbov

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Escape Hybrid
... The Hybrid Truck has been the Holy Grail for many who want a truck, but ...
... really need a portable office.

These hybrids make ideal field offices. AC or heat will run the ICE a couple minutes a few times/hour. If the seats are comfortable, the boss will want one.

Sponsored

Eagle11

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'07 Boxster S, 2018 BMW M5, Ducati's, Suzuki's
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

ORdered on 7-8 received confirmation that Ford accepted the build, and that is. XLT, in Cyber Orange. I wasn't expecting mine until Dec.

Eagle11

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'07 Boxster S, 2018 BMW M5, Ducati's, Suzuki's
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I think hybrid is the base because it costs less, not because of how many it'll sell. I think part of the reason it costs less is because Ford is producing the engine in house. I think the reason for less hybrids right now is because they're producing the engine in house. Just my best guess.
Most of the time Hybrids cost more because of the battery packs and elect motor

FloodingdowninTX

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Perfect thread title. I ordered 7/21 -- hybrid Lariat Lux with hard rollup tonneau

I am not in the situation of needing a relatively immediate replacement for my current vehicle. BUUT, my 2013 Insight has about 100k miles on it, and I've already had a warranty repaired major mechanical failure, about 30k miles ago. Also, I want some time to prepare for taking on a car payment, so I'm hoping my current ride holds-up, and I don't have to get the financing until at least mid-December.

Do you all think Ford misjudged how popular the hybrid version would be? Do you think it was a bait and switch maneuver to get people excited for the hybrid, only to pump extra cash out of their customers in funneling them towards the 2.0 turbo models?

What do y'all think are the reasons why Ford emphasized the hybrid only get put hard limits on hybrid production?

To put it another way...is the hybrid delay a bug, or a feature in the development life cycle?
Maybe the new target demographic; younger, women, urban, drivers of Civics, etc. was offered the base Hybrid to compete with cars since Ford stopped selling any here. (Plus the CAFE thing.)
After all, are ICE turbos actually more costly to produce than TWO motors required in the Hybrids? Probably just more profitable.
But who's also ordering the cheaper truck are all of us who stopped buying cheap trucks because, again, Ford stopped selling any here. Hence the miscalculation on Hybrid vs ICE turbo demand in our new trucklets.
Sponsored