First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Hyundai Tuscon NLine
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I think hybrid is the base because it costs less, not because of how many it'll sell. I think part of the reason it costs less is because Ford is producing the engine in house. I think the reason for less hybrids right now is because they're producing the engine in house. Just my best guess.
That could very well be. If that's the case, it could be they're simply struggling to ramp up production.
Sponsored

mamboman777

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Focus, 2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
[zeketolliver, post: 20181, member: 331"]
That could very well be. If that's the case, it could be they're simply struggling to ramp up production.
[/QUOTE]
Wouldn't surprise me if they could produce more 2.0s because the hybrid takes more chips. Chip shortage and all. I am really just speculating.

GAMav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Sienna, Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Great thread title!

Our alto blue XLT hybrid with 360 & hitch receiver was ordered on 6/11. I am completely flummoxed that hydrid production is/will be at 35%. Makes no sense to me.
My theory on hybrid production at 35% is based on the average take rate of 4x4 on pickups is 60%. By limiting 4x4 on the Maverick to the EcoBoost, they figured about 60% would take the EcoBoost. Obviously, they were mistaken, if only because the Maverick was aimed at a different truck buyer than the past norm. 40 mpg on a pickup sure got my attention.

Bikeric

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SOLD XLT Hybrid Mav
I'm an XLT Hybrid Velocity Blue, sunroof, Co-Pilot 360 and spray in bedliner. Order confirmation from Ford on 06/17. No VIN notification yet.
I've had many trucks in my life and all seem to have provided more power than the Eco Boost. Ford had me when I heard "40 MPG". SOLD SOLD SOLD !!! I would rather drive an economical truck as my daily than some midget car.

BeardedK

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Reserved a non-luxury hybrid XLT in Area 51 day 1, with a confirmed order on the 14th of June. I know 100% that I was the first at my dealership, so it'd be nice to get a build date sometime soon.

I did just drop the spray in and tonneau on the advice of the new car sales manager. I was hoping that would help, but nope, not this week.

Sponsored

Dreams

First Name
Wendy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Soul
My theory on hybrid production at 35% is based on the average take rate of 4x4 on pickups is 60%. By limiting 4x4 on the Maverick to the EcoBoost, they figured about 60% would take the EcoBoost. Obviously, they were mistaken, if only because the Maverick was aimed at a different truck buyer than the past norm. 40 mpg on a pickup sure got my attention.
I can see this. When I was first doing our reservation, I had included the 2.0 off road package and other options. But after I thought about it for bit, I decided that we really didn't need all that stuff. Just like we really didn't need Wranglers that we've bought in the past. This time I ordered the vehicle we actually need, rather the one that we thought we "needed".

Dreams

First Name
Wendy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Soul
Reserved a non-luxury hybrid XLT in Area 51 day 1, with a confirmed order on the 14th of June. I know 100% that I was the first at my dealership, so it'd be nice to get a build date sometime soon.

I did just drop the spray in and tonneau on the advice of the new car sales manager. I was hoping that would help, but nope, not this week.
I know we were the first at our dealership as well.

I take this with a grain of salt......the other half called Ford. He was told we should have a vin within 10 days and the truck within 6-8 weeks. We'll see.

BeardedK

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I know we were the first at our dealership as well.

I take this with a grain of salt......the other half called Ford. He was told we should have a vin within 10 days and the truck within 6-8 weeks. We'll see.
Fingers crossed!

yakefu

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have to be in this group. I ordered area 51 XLT Hybrid+ Luxury Pkg+Moon Roof. I have the confirmation number on 07/26.
We have to let Ford know that the Hybrid group needs to treat equel with Eco boost.

Big_T

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I reserved a Cactus Gray XL hybrid on 6/9, ordered and confirmed on 6/14, I was the first order at my dealership. Only options are Copilot 360, trailer hitch, and floor liners. Trying to wait patiently for production date. Ford obviously underestimated the popularity of the hybrid in this vehicle.

Sponsored

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Breakout, 21 Road King Special, 22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have a XLT Hybrid with order date of 7/8 and no scheduling word/email yet. I have a good car that I'm replacing with the Maverick, so I'm in no hurry. I feel your pain - hope you get your order before mine, so you will have something to drive soon. Mine is Carbonized Gray Metallic, so per the scheduling post today, looks like the CGM crew are the forgotten group again.
According a user on the Maverick Reddit page there was few CGMs scheduled this time around. I'm not on Reddit so I don't the exact number, but there's post in scheduling thread on this forum.

MattG

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado, B2300
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Add me to the list..Ordered a 2WD XLT , white , with a hitch and the inverter. I had the spray in liner and splash guards but stopped by the dealer today and took them off. I think we are gonna be late getting the trucks anyways , don't want a pair of $200 mud flaps holding it up any longer 😂😂. In the back of my mind I'm hoping to have the truck by Thanksgiving . I am betting realistically it's next year 😕

Dreams

First Name
Wendy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Soul
I reserved a Cactus Gray XL hybrid on 6/9, ordered and confirmed on 6/14, I was the first order at my dealership. Only options are Copilot 360, trailer hitch, and floor liners. Trying to wait patiently for production date. Ford obviously underestimated the popularity of the hybrid in this vehicle.
I would double check and make sure the floor liners won't cause you a delay.

Cubican

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Pedro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ridgeline, viper, c8
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Order and confirm 7/5 with spray in bed liner just call the dealer and dropped the bed liner