First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick xl awd 4k
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Tire pressure? Also, what type of emergency brake do these have? I'm not talking about the controls. I mean the mechanical bits. Seems possible that it could be out of adjustment and dragging. Might check to see if your hubs are hot after a long drive
Sponsored

STARCOMMTREY1

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, Ultra Classic, Versa Note and soon to be Mav
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
How long are your drives? Less than 10 miles each way?

oljackfrost

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They're all sold, waiting for Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
As always, “your mileage may vary.” You say you are babying it, but your concept might be mistaken. Most drivers I observe accelerate quickly from stop signs/lights and that is the best way to kill mileage, hybrid or not.

Sponsored

BILLNOROVILLE

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
prius, Hybrid XLT, Honda 1100Rebel, 2) Hawk 650NT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Look at the meter on the left. If you are constantly past the first 2 or 3 notches above zero then it is your foot. To get more electric use and less gas usage you need to get up to speed moderately then get off the gas where the meter reads between the 0 and first notch. If this isn't happening, this is why.

How often do you use Cruise control? It gets better gas mileage than my foot.

SpaceyMac

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Ford Maverick Lariat 360 2.5L
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My current hybrid (Hyundai) always gets worse fuel economy in winter due to the winter fuel blend used here in PNW.

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi Q5
I'm in the Pacific North West,Washington .
As of right now it's about 70% City driving and 30% Highway .
Yep stock Continental tires.

I've spent about 165$ on gas and it takes roughly 45$ to fuel up full tank. Considering in supposed to be getting roughly 500 miles a tank and I've filled up 3.67 tanks which equates to 1835 miles of driving , I'm only at 1180 miles with a bit more then half a tank of gas left. So maybe 300 Miles before empty that brings me to 1480 Miles. I'm still missing like 300 miles.

I would love to meet up and see the hybrid in person, how did you get your hybrid so fast? I ordered mine on 7/14/2021....hmm... As for the low MPG...yes, PNW is rough in the winter, bad gas, lots of elevation change, and cold weather...I bet you will be 8-10mpg better in spring.

OldSoulNewMaverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Kia Soul
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I would love to meet up and see the hybrid in person, how did you get your hybrid so fast? I ordered mine on 7/14/2021....hmm... As for the low MPG...yes, PNW is rough in the winter, bad gas, lots of elevation change, and cold weather...I bet you will be 8-10mpg better in spring.
I bet this is exactly the case. OP should keep monitoring, but it should get better with the warm temps. I'd bet the ICE runs much more often to warm up the car during the winter.

Sponsored

projectvortex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
Undecided
I bet this is exactly the case. OP should keep monitoring, but it should get better with the warm temps. I'd bet the ICE runs much more often to warm up the car during the winter.
Yes it does indeed. It’s for this very reason…..winter…..that I don’t expect to see 40+ mpg for a while. Just picked mine up Saturday. Its been between 15 and 35 degrees since.

Cubican

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Pedro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ridgeline, viper, c8
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Here’s a pic of my last drive mostly highway

Ford Maverick Hybrid MPG Inconsistencies 20BD7385-178D-45CA-92FF-0DA24C21A0E4

Bunkyg

First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mav Lariat Lux 2.5, Ranger, Forester, Goldwing
First off check your tire pressure. Dealers like to run them light, it gives a better test ride. lower pressure by a few pounds will give a softer ride but kill mpg. Also the more weight you carry the lower the mpg. More importantly you need to relearn how to drive for a hybrid to get the max benefit

Rufracer

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick xl awd 4k
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Tire pressure? Also, what type of emergency brake do these have? I'm not talking about the controls. I mean the mechanical bits. Seems possible that it could be out of adjustment and dragging. Might check to see if your hubs are hot after a long drive
I've seen it before
Sponsored