First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Miata, Hybrid Mav, Odyssey
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
NO one can say for certain, if both the ICE and EV motor kick in together in Sport Mode, but I have to say it does move very well in sport mode, and the 0-60 times between the hybrid and EB are very close..
Not close to true- "everyone" who has read about the truck know that in ANY mode of drive the ICE and EV can work together. In fact they do most of the time from a stop.

Sport Mode just keeps the ICE on more, and makes the acceleration greater from less pushing on the pedal.
Sponsored

Timothyd

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Encore, Miata, motorcycles
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Forgive me if this has been asked, and for not knowing but...

If I order the hybrid, and I'm not happy with the acceleration, or overall power, are there mods that can be done to make this more powerful? I'm not looking to spend tens of thousands on modifications, or an engine swap, but I know you can tune the ecoboost...
Due to the electric motor the low end acceleration is very good. Overall power is a bit less than the ecoboost but I find it very acceptable especially with the fantastic gas mileage. When I want to cheat death I get on my bike and get things out of my system.

Right now my Mav is in the body shop and I'm driving a Tacoma which isn't faster and handles worse.

CurtisB

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I will chime in and say that the exceleration in the Mav Hybrid in normal mode is WAY faster than the sport mode in my Prius was. I have blown past idiots on the freeway trying to cut me off with no problem. I haven't even tried the "sport" mode in the Maverick yet!! This Maverick is a truck, and I can pass people with ease, and I can get 40+ mpg in the city. I have better passing speed than my 2015 Prius did in "sport" mode. I'm good.

Sponsored

Eagle11

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'07 Boxster S, 2018 BMW M5, Ducati's, Suzuki's
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Not close to true- "everyone" who has read about the truck know that in ANY mode of drive the ICE and EV can work together. In fact they do most of the time from a stop.

Sport Mode just keeps the ICE on more, and makes the acceleration greater from less pushing on the pedal.
I forgot you know all about the Maverick

tcj

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Neither am I. But I still like to be able to merge into traffic, or pass a semi-truck on the highway.
Sorry, this is just ridiculous. ALL modern cars can do this. If you want more performance because you like going fast, fine, but don't pretend that it's needed to do normal car/truck driving.

For what it's worth, my 2024 hybrid Maverick has WAAAY more acceleration than the 2003 Suburu Outback it replaced, and I never had a problem merging into traffic or passing trucks on the highway with it.

SLINGSHOT

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 RAV4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Hell, I used to pass cars with my clapped out, 100,000 + mile, 1949 Chevy "slop oil" "stovebolt" six. (Which was in the first Corvette.) It's all relative.
Sponsored