Proflig8tor

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gulfstream / Grumman AA5B
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Odd, my experiences with the sedan (looks like you had the wagon) were very positive. Up until early last year, we were a German household - we had the E350 and a Porsche Macan S. The E350 had a pre-paid maintenance plan on it, but we finally got tired of premium fuel (Macan averaged 17mpg) and Porsche's ridiculous maintenance costs. Decided we were going to go Asian. Not impressed with Tesla build quality and also not willing to pay something like 4x as much to insure a Model 3 as we were paying for the Porsche. We both like the idea of electric, but right now insurance rates are just too stupid on them to make sense for us and we live in a rural area with not a lot of charging infrastructure.

We decided to keep a sporty sedan (enter the G70 6MT) and also to get a hybrid, which was to be a Prius Limited. Then I found the Maverick and fell in love with the idea of a small hybrid pickup, since I like utility and the price was unbeatable. We have decided that whatever replaces the G70 in the future will be electric, though.
Sorry for the thread creep. I kept the wagon and traded my wife’s E350 sedan for the model 3.

Using the wagon as my “truck” until the Maverick arrives.

Think you will love the Maverick!
Sponsored

Kynno

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Neither am I. But I still like to be able to merge into traffic, or pass a semi-truck on the highway.
The Hybrid has plenty of power for merging and passing ,I have not seen any figures but my hybrid will easily hit 100 before you know it. I would not be surprised if the two models are very similar from 60 - 90 mph

Pikey87

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Impala
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The Hybrid has plenty of power for merging and passing ,I have not seen any figures but my hybrid will easily hit 100 before you know it. I would not be surprised if the two models are very similar from 60 - 90 mph
I can second this. I've never had a point where I've needed more power, and over the last 11k, I've had pretty much every situation that you'd need more power in normal driving. The performance is perfectly acceptable IMO.

Hybrid Nut

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I can second this. I've never had a point where I've needed more power, and over the last 11k, I've had pretty much every situation that you'd need more power in normal driving. The performance is perfectly acceptable IMO.
I agree also. My hybrid has plenty of power if u put your foot into it. However i usually dont do that cause- well im trying to get great mileage. But its there if u need it.

Sponsored

Master Blaster

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Master
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If you floor it then the power is there. I had an incident about a month ago where a semi merging on to the sideroad came into my side as I was turning right, forcing me into the dirt and had to floor it to get in front of him to make my turn. I was impressed that it worked out ok. The sleepy semi driver noticed me then, and signalled a sorry message. For 3 seconds of acceleration it felt like I had an EcoBoost.

The Real Maverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If you floor it then the power is there. I had an incident about a month ago where a semi merging on to the sideroad came into my side as I was turning right, forcing me into the dirt and had to floor it to get in front of him to make my turn. I was impressed that it worked out ok. The sleepy semi driver noticed me then, and signalled a sorry message. For 3 seconds of acceleration it felt like I had an EcoBoost.
We have the BB.

We have the battery boosted engine.

Eagle11

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'07 Boxster S, 2018 BMW M5, Ducati's, Suzuki's
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Sport Mode on my hybrid mav is impressive. Impressive for what it is…
NO one can say for certain, if both the ICE and EV motor kick in together in Sport Mode, but I have to say it does move very well in sport mode, and the 0-60 times between the hybrid and EB are very close..

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Maverick XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Yea thats the drawback with the Hybrid. I dont know of any current mods out that can increase performance but look on the bright side at least you're getting killer gas mileage.

The Real Maverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
NO one can say for certain, if both the ICE and EV motor kick in together in Sport Mode, but I have to say it does move very well in sport mode, and the 0-60 times between the hybrid and EB are very close..
Yes.

Lots if people can say and prove FOR CERTAIN that when you "floor it" in any mode, the gas engine is putting torque to the wheels AND the electric Traction Motor is putting torque to the wheels.

It's the whole hybrid concept.

What would make you make such a post as above? I'm baffled.

Sponsored

Eagle11

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'07 Boxster S, 2018 BMW M5, Ducati's, Suzuki's
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Yes.

Lots if people can say and prove FOR CERTAIN that when you "floor it" in any mode, the gas engine is putting torque to the wheels AND the electric Traction Motor is putting torque to the wheels.

It's the whole hybrid concept.

What would make you make such a post as above? I'm baffled.
IN theory yes, but I have asked many people in the know and no one will say for certain.

The Real Maverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
IN theory yes, but I have asked many people in the know and no one will say for certain.
Well for certain the gas engine and traction motor can and do provide torque to the engine at the same time.
Imagine a bicycle built for two.

One person can pedal, the other person can pedal, they both can pedal, or neither can pedal. (Both can coast.)

Both can create braking at the same time too.

AVC

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Maverick Hybrid XLT, '02 Ranger, '20 Pilot
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yes, we do know--one can monitor the current draw from the HV battery in a scan tool or amp clamp. Via scan tool, in a accel above 10% power, you get engine + traction motor at increasing % and kW level. For full power (100%), at least 20 sec of high traction motor assistance (191 HP, but likely 250lb ft or more initial torque). I plan to do some plotted measurements of traction motor contribution (via current meaasurement) in the future.

The Real Maverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yes, we do know--one can monitor the current draw from the HV battery in a scan tool or amp clamp. Via scan tool, in a accel above 10% power, you get engine + traction motor at increasing % and kW level. For full power (100%), at least 20 sec of high traction motor assistance (191 HP, but likely 250lb ft or more initial torque). I plan to do some plotted measurements of traction motor contribution (via current meaasurement) in the future.
I've done this myself. 👍🏻
Sponsored