First Name
Eason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT Hybrid, GLC300
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I found the hybrid goes like a civic 1.5t with cvt. it's ok fast for highway and merging, but don't expect to be fast fast.
You're going for mpg if you're getting the hybrid.
Sponsored

8211badger

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
honda fit
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So I've had my hybrid for two days. Put about 100 miles on today with a decent stretch of highway and fast combined driving. I'm coming from a honda fit so keep that in mind. The mav feels waaay faster. Esp at low speeds where you get that electric torque. Yeah it's about 8s 0-60. But that is completely adequate for anyone who isnt a speed freak. I had zero issues merging and passing on the higway. Just like my Fit it made some noise but I'm used to that. What I'm not used to is how freaking smooth the power is. Just feels so so nice cruising along. Way quieter than the fit and the ride feels like a benz to me.

MLowe05

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Tesla MYP & M3RWD
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
the ride feels like a benz to me.
Are you familiar with Mercedes or is this just a saying as in.. compared to the fit? I have owned several Benz cars, and I really hope the Maverick is as good as you say it is.

8211badger

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
honda fit
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Are you familiar with Mercedes or is this just a saying as in.. compared to the fit? I have owned several Benz cars, and I really hope the Maverick is as good as you say it is.
I knew I should have been more clear that this is compared to the fit lol. I've ridden in my fair share of nice cars and it's def not super close. But for what it is I'd give it an A. I'm just easy to please. If you're used to benz's ymmv.

Sponsored

MLowe05

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Tesla MYP & M3RWD
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I knew I should have been more clear that this is compared to the fit lol. I've ridden in my fair share of nice cars and it's def not super close. But for what it is I'd give it an A. I'm just easy to please.
I was just busting your chops a little. I think the Maverick is exceeding expectations across the board (except in wait times!)

MLowe05

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Tesla MYP & M3RWD
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

8211badger

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
honda fit
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I hope so. It's replacing a 2016 E-class in our garage.
You might be feeling some more peas if happen to drive over any mattresses than lol. But not having to worry about the stains from whatever you threw in the bed is priceless!

Sykotyk

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Sport more gives you some more pep. But it has a lot of get up and go in normal mode.

But honestly if you're getting the hybrid the fuel economy is your driving factor. I haven't felt sluggish or anything except the one time I was towing a trailer and forgot to put it in tow/haul when I pulled out of a parking lot.

Was running 70-77mph with a 1000lb trailer and was getting 25mpg and passing most anyone I wanted. A great little truck that's exactly what it is. A little truck. You need a big truck, get a big truck. Most of us rarely need a truck to haul over 2000lb. It's great at what it does from what I've experienced in the almost 500 miles I've driven this week of ownership.

Sponsored

Proflig8tor

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gulfstream / Grumman AA5B
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have driven both.

My guess is that the Hybrid is faster 0-30 and quicker to react at any speed. Electric motors are INSTANT! when you ask for power. This truck is not Tesla instant, but you'll have an immediate two-second jump on most traffic.

One must wait for the BOOST with the EcoBoost engines. Count to four potatoes before the open throttle gets air through the engine to spin the turbocharger increase torque and translating that torque through the transmission.

The EcoBoost will win every drag race. The Hybrid will win every race across an intersection unless there is a Tesla or Mach E in the mix.

Perfect would be a 100HP electric motor, or just get rid of the stupid, stinky, slow, internal combustion thing altogether. A Maverick Lightning would be, maybe, the most perfect vehicle ever made.

Ford Maverick Hybrid engine performance question 1643537122280

Proflig8tor

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gulfstream / Grumman AA5B
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I hope so. It's replacing a 2016 E-class in our garage.
Our 2015 E 350 Sport had turrible suspension tuning. You could tell there was a good suspension under there, but the spring rates on Pirrelli P-Zeros resulted in a car that was so stiff that it would literally bounce itself out of corners. Maybe if the road was perfect (and Georgia roads are pretty good) it might pass as reasonable .... but no, it was awful. Put softer all seasons on it, which improved it slightly. Michelin Pilot Sport 4 All Seasons were a happy place at the cost of some steering sharpness.

The thing ate engine mounts and maintenance costs ... well, just started fixing the thing myself until it pissed me off that I traded for ((cue angels singing in perfect harmony)) the Tesla Model 3. The Tesla has been **perfectly** reliable. No oil changes, no transmission service, no engine mounts. Biggest quality of life improvement from the Mercedes is not having to be picky about, or go get, stinky gasoline. Just plug it in at home every now and then. It has a lot more room than the E Class as well.

The Maverick drives a whole lot like stiffly sprung Escape. It has sharp steering. Don't go into it with E-Class expectations. It is an econobox. But, a modern shitbox still drives a whole lot better than a Ranger. The VW GTI has taken that layout to better than E-Class handling and livability.

After one drives anything electric that will be all they every want to drive. The lowered center of gravity makes it so much easier to build and tune a great suspension. The instant torque is addictive. The quality of life improvements resulting from not having to get maintenance or gas....

.... I'll show myself out ....

OTACORB

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DAB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Oxford White Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Another new Hybrid owner for about a week now. I find the power of the electric/ice combo to be very sufficient in day to day driving while merging and/or passing. The Atkinson engine is a bit loud, but I listen to music most of the time and don't really hear it. My first couple of days I left the music off so that I could hear the electric and ice motor to get use to the sound and be familiar with it. I test drove a Ecoboost for a full week and the Hybrid doesn't have nearly as much get up and go, but honestly it very sufficient given the MPG and that is what I am after anyway.

MLowe05

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Tesla MYP & M3RWD
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Our 2015 E 350 Sport had turrible suspension tuning. You could tell there was a good suspension under there, but the spring rates on Pirrelli P-Zeros resulted in a car that was so stiff that it would literally bounce itself out of corners. Maybe if the road was perfect (and Georgia roads are pretty good) it might pass as reasonable .... but no, it was awful. Put softer all seasons on it, which improved it slightly. Michelin Pilot Sport 4 All Seasons were a happy place at the cost of some steering sharpness.

The thing ate engine mounts and maintenance costs ... well, just started fixing the thing myself until it pissed me off that I traded for ((cue angels singing in perfect harmony)) the Tesla Model 3. The Tesla has been **perfectly** reliable. No oil changes, no transmission service, no engine mounts. Biggest quality of life improvement from the Mercedes is not having to be picky about, or go get, stinky gasoline. Just plug it in at home every now and then. It has a lot more room than the E Class as well.

The Maverick drives a whole lot like stiffly sprung Escape. It has sharp steering. Don't go into it with E-Class expectations. It is an econobox. But, a modern shitbox still drives a whole lot better than a Ranger. The VW GTI has taken that layout to better than E-Class handling and livability.

After one drives anything electric that will be all they every want to drive. The lowered center of gravity makes it so much easier to build and tune a great suspension. The instant torque is addictive. The quality of life improvements resulting from not having to get maintenance or gas....

.... I'll show myself out ....

Odd, my experiences with the sedan (looks like you had the wagon) were very positive. Up until early last year, we were a German household - we had the E350 and a Porsche Macan S. The E350 had a pre-paid maintenance plan on it, but we finally got tired of premium fuel (Macan averaged 17mpg) and Porsche's ridiculous maintenance costs. Decided we were going to go Asian. Not impressed with Tesla build quality and also not willing to pay something like 4x as much to insure a Model 3 as we were paying for the Porsche. We both like the idea of electric, but right now insurance rates are just too stupid on them to make sense for us and we live in a rural area with not a lot of charging infrastructure.

We decided to keep a sporty sedan (enter the G70 6MT) and also to get a hybrid, which was to be a Prius Limited. Then I found the Maverick and fell in love with the idea of a small hybrid pickup, since I like utility and the price was unbeatable. We have decided that whatever replaces the G70 in the future will be electric, though.

icegradner

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

stil reading but... I need more performance gains so I can climb steep mountain terrrain.
To start with, the Maverick does have more HP than a Prius, but it also weighs more. It should do better, but Atkinson cycle engines in the hybrids, just don't tend to have a lot of climbing power once the battery gets drained. Any long sustained climbing will make it feel a little weak after a while. Some of the V6 hybrids do a lot better, like the previous generation Highlander Hybrids, but once the battery goes they do tend to loose that kick.
Sponsored