First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I went in to talk financing about my 2023 Hybrid Maverick XLT that is currently being built. Long story short, the dealer, Cypress Coast Ford, wants $5k over markup. They cite the original order form on which I signed a line acknowledging there may be dealer markups/add-ons. When I pushed them on this originally, they said they add about $1k worth of stuff like low jack and ceramic coating, etc. I reluctantly agreed as order banks were not likely to stay open very long.

I have filed complaints with Ford Corporate and got Mark Levine to receive my order information...hoping he gets back to me soon. I know I should not have signed that line, but nonetheless, I feel like this is still unethical and against Ford Corporate wishes. On top of that, they were super rude, and at one point, the guy I spoke with left to buy cigarettes and lottery tickets. I was so excited when I got my production date, but it has all gone sour now.

EDIT: The pricing is for a used car on the lot. They didn't use my VIN for some reason...Just another shady thing from this interaction. Nothing was signed, and no money has been changed yet. The truck should be here in 3 weeks or so.

Ford Maverick How screwed am I? - Maverick Custom Order Markup Screenshot 2023-05-19 092113
Sponsored

Last edited:

MrKombi

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The receipt you show is for a used 2022 Maverick

OP
OP

Travlegit

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The receipt you show is for a used 2022 Maverick
YES! Sorry I did not mention that. Another incredibly weird thing is that this is how they drew up all the pricing. They never used my VIN for my custom order that is currently in production. This felt super shady.

jsus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Escape Hybrid AWD 😉
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Sponsored

OP
OP

Travlegit

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Specifically a used 2022 XLT Hybrid with CP360 and factory floor liners, nothing else, that retailed for $24,450. Leave it to dealers to turn a vehicle that was under $25k new, into a "$33,725" used vehicle.

1684769049023.png
It's awful. My MSRP on my sticker was $28,775. I got the moonroof, C360 and the manual sliding rear window.

OB1e

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CG LUX XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Get the right document with the correct vin # and with out the "internal use only"

Ford Maverick Maniac

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 XLTs: hybrid alto blue & turbo AWD carb gray.
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I wrote this on another thread. Talk to an attorney to find out legal advice instead of letting the dealer bully you. Ford would not have built that Maverick without your order and DL#.

I am not an attorney but I will say my opinion. Basic business law says offer + acceptance = contract.

A contract does not need to be 10 pages to be binding and hold someone accountable for an offer you accept. Contracts can even be verbal per the law. Someone posted that they won a court case based on text messages.

The dealer will have a hard time telling a judge why they can take your order and then unilaterally decide on a future unknown amount to charge you later while holding your Maverick hostage, is not extortion.

Last edited:

huunvubu

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Specifically a used 2022 XLT Hybrid with CP360 and factory floor liners, nothing else, that retailed for $24,450. Leave it to dealers to turn a vehicle that was under $25k new, into a "$33,725" used vehicle.
I hate to state that the $33,725" price is pretty much market value now.

My 2022 Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid with only adding on Co-Pilot360 + Rear Sliding Window + 110V/400W Outlet in Cab has a MSRP of $24,620 and the out-the-door price of $26,068.

As of 5/15/2023 Vroom is offering to buy it for me for $33,762 with 17 months of use and 7,644 miles on it.

Ford Maverick How screwed am I? - Maverick Custom Order Markup 12-18-21.JPG

Ford Maverick How screwed am I? - Maverick Custom Order Markup Vroom 2023-05-15.JPG

Grozk72

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Santa Cruz, Cayman, Mroadster
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Not to pile on, but perhaps some people should take an "experienced" person with them when they make a large purchase. From the limited information made available in this post, IMHO there no evidence of any contract/PO, etc that one can cite for adjudication. The fact that you state they have not used the VIN from your "order" to illustrate your finance options gives me great pause...

Sponsored
OP
OP

Travlegit

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Not to pile on, but perhaps some people should take an "experienced" person with them when they make a large purchase. From the limited information made available in this post, IMHO there no evidence of any contract/PO, etc that one can cite for adjudication. The fact that you state they have not used the VIN from your "order" to illustrate your finance options gives me great pause...
Yea, I was too frustrated to realize that (the different VIN and vehicle) in person and had no plan to sign and pay at that point. I would have liked to bring it up to them directly.

Greg_in_GA

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Engine
Undecided
It sounds like they are trying to sucker you into buying a marked up used Maverick instead of the ordered one which will be there is a month or so.

If you buy the used Maverick somewhere in the 30 pages of paperwork they will get you to sign something saying that you do not want your 2023.

Tell them you are not interest in the used Maverick and will wait for your ordered Maverick to come in.

Get your financing set up ahead of time at some place like a credit union so they cannot play games with your financing.

If you are not confident in dealing with things like this you might see if you can get someone like a trusted friend or relative to go in with you when the new Maverick arrives to be a second set of eyes to help review anything they try to get you to agree to.

OP
OP

Travlegit

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It sounds like they are trying to sucker you into buying a marked up used Maverick instead of the ordered one which will be there is a month or so.

If you buy the used Maverick somewhere in the 30 pages of paperwork they will get you to sign something saying that you do not want your 2023.

Tell them you are not interest in the used Maverick and will wait for your ordered Maverick to come in.

Get your financing set up ahead of time at some place like a credit union so they cannot play games with your financing.

If you are not confident in dealing with things like this you might see if you can get someone like a trusted friend or relative to go in with you when the new Maverick arrives to be a second set of eyes to help review anything they try to get you to agree to.
My thoughts were they were trying to get me to sign on the used truck so they wouldn't get in trouble for selling my order at a markup. The whole time I was there, they were referring to my order and never once mentioned the used vehicle. Very suspicious.

WNYEscapee

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick, 2019 Cherokee
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Definitely shady. Don't sign a darn thing until they use the correct VIN and note it as your ordered vehicle a new 2023 Maverick Hybrid.
Another thing I would look into is filling a complaint with the state attorney general's office. Especially if they refuse to use the correct vehicle and try to tack on more than what had been verbally mentioned -- the $1000 of add-ons.