Sponsored

How much did you pay for yours?

Did you pay less, more, or MSRP for your delivered Maverick?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

FromAway

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat FX4 4K Cactus Grey
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
What if everyone had just ordered at 4% below invoice and all Mavericks were delivered through a single dealer?
Sponsored

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I miss the old version of TruCar.com which used to show invoice price and the range of purchase prices in your area. That helped me a lot when I bought 2 vehicles in 2016 and 2017.
Edmunds used to have a Tru value tool to see actual prices paid in your area. Used it a couple of times, but that was years ago.

GTBuzz

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Invoice - $1750 Private Offer + $25 for temp tag. No closing costs.

Just over $22k total out the door

23 XL, Copilot 360, Hitch

Pucman1

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda, Triumph TR3, Hybrid Maverick 1-18-23
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

MSRP.....Dealer honored their commitment on my order and it was the First 2023 Lariat Hybrid they got in.

AutoDrifter

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Leaf s plus maverick sold
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
We probably just missed each other at the dealer then! I was a first week build myself but it was held a week or two at the plant for the spray in bed liner.
The salesman said 18 people called about it when I was coming there to buy it was not planning to buy a car that day but I did

Sponsored

Suzukiridr14

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1956 THunderbird , 2016 Acura MDX (Wifes car)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I've had my great little truck for almost a year and a half - love it! I know MSRP is still a solid deal for anyone buying a new vehicle today (not just the Maverick). With that said, I couldn't fathom paying some of the very high markups that are out there, but I can understand the decision to pay more in the current environment.

This isn't really an ask about why any one particular person paid how much they did, I'm just genuinely curious to see what people are paying - how many are under, at or over MSRP when they walk out the dealer door.
I think the early orders (June - Aug 2021) were offered the better discounts before most people heard of a Maverick truck. I ordered mine on 7/5/21. I knew a salesman, and he was able to get me an X-Plan price.

Cobraj

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick, Jeep Gladiator
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
paid $2700 over and got really good money on my trade that offset it. I have one on order and it's a hybrid. if I waited till I got the hybrid my trade will be worth way lower. No regrets and loving every minute I am in it

Traegorn

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Trae
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.nerdandtie.com
Vehicle(s)
2011 Nissan Versa, 2023 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

When I ordered, my dealer (Eau Claire Ford) agreed to $1000 off MSRP. Thankfully they still honored it when my truck finally came in (and thanks to the Private Offer from Ford being slightly bigger than the price increase I actually paid like another $500 less than I originally would have if I'd gotten my truck in 2022)

OP
OP
pxpaulx

pxpaulx

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
paid $2700 over and got really good money on my trade that offset it. I have one on order and it's a hybrid. if I waited till I got the hybrid my trade will be worth way lower. No regrets and loving every minute I am in it
That is great! With a trade-in the buying process can be a bit of a shell game, as long as it makes sense on both the trade and buy to you as a buyer, that is all that is necessary!

Spook

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I guess my generation (Baby Boomers) must have a different culture when it comes to talking to others about how much we paid for something. So, my answer would be NYB (not your business or none of your business). Or, if your vocabulary contains some vulgar words, add another letter before the B. I carried this on from my father. I never knew how much his salary was or how much he paid for something.
Therefore, I had no place to check on the price listing.
Any others like their privacy or am I the only one different than everyone else?

Sponsored

Traegorn

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Trae
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.nerdandtie.com
Vehicle(s)
2011 Nissan Versa, 2023 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I guess my generation (Baby Boomers) must have a different culture when it comes to talking to others about how much we paid for something. So, my answer would be NYB (not your business or none of your business). Or, if your vocabulary contains some vulgar words, add another letter before the B. I carried this on from my father. I never knew how much his salary was or how much he paid for something.
Any others like their privacy or am I the only one different than everyone else?
I feel like any time folks talk about this, someone comes in with this take.

And I guess I'm left wondering... if you're not comfortable talking about it, why chime in at all? No one is forcing anyone to answer anything.

Honestly though, America's collective shame over money has led to nothing but folks being taken advantage of. If you don't talk about your salaries, how do you know you're being underpaid? If you don't talk about how much people are charging for things, how do you know if you're paying a fair price?

But again, if you don't want to talk about it, you don't have to. It's weird trying to make other folks feel bad for about talking about it though.

OP
OP
pxpaulx

pxpaulx

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I feel like any time folks talk about this, someone comes in with this take.

And I guess I'm left wondering... if you're not comfortable talking about it, why chime in at all? No one is forcing anyone to answer anything.

Honestly though, America's collective shame over money has led to nothing but folks being taken advantage of. If you don't talk about your salaries, how do you know you're being underpaid? If you don't talk about how much people are charging for things, how do you know if you're paying a fair price?

But again, if you don't want to talk about it, you don't have to. It's weird trying to make other folks feel bad for about talking about it though.
Talking about things - money, work, life in general - is always the better path. 44 and still just learning how important that is.

chuckles

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chuckles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
crippled f150 10r80
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Chapman (Horsham) deal here. Hybrid XLT Lux. Price protected (2021) invoice - 4% plus 0% financing. No nuisance fees/add-ons.

I have to say, they did me well. All smiles.

JimParker256

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Area 51 Hybrid FE, 2014 Impala
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I was raised to believe it isn't polite to ask someone how much they paid for something, what their salary is, or how big their bonus was... I was also taught that it was downright rude to tell someone else they overpaid for something. You can't walk in their shoes, so there is no way to know whether it was a good or bad decision for them. You might not make the same decision, but that is your decision, not theirs.

I'm fairly sure, @Spook, that you and I are a shrinking minority, though... These days, people post pictures their lunch - as though anyone else cares...

Grumpa

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chrysler Pacifica Honda Civic Chevy Sonic
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I was raised to believe it isn't polite to ask someone how much they paid for something, what their salary is, or how big their bonus was... I was also taught that it was downright rude to tell someone else they overpaid for something. You can't walk in their shoes, so there is no way to know whether it was a good or bad decision for them. You might not make the same decision, but that is your decision, not theirs.

I'm fairly sure, @Spook, that you and I are a shrinking minority, though... These days, people post pictures their lunch - as though anyone else cares...
My out the door was quoted by the dealer at about $31,600 - XLT - msrp with a few dealer installed junk. This was before the price hike. At this point, I don't know what to expect?
Sponsored