Sponsored

How many watts in B&O system and standard audio system?

colinl

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Maverick Lariat AWD, '22 Bronco OBX 2-Door
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Or did you pinch the wire between the speaker and the plastic?
That's what I did. No issues in the year since.
Sponsored

Reactions: bgn

colinl

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Maverick Lariat AWD, '22 Bronco OBX 2-Door
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

When you say "bi amps" you mean it has a discrete line to both the tweeter and the woofer that are already frequency filtered and an additional crossover would be pointless right?

I saw this diagram so I think this is the case
Yep, exactly that. One of these days I will get motivated to log with my calibrated mic to see what my effective frequency response is and it should give some clues as to the crossover points that the B&O amp uses.

Actually it might be the sync 3 unit filtering. Still, same result.

Poultrygeist

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Accord, Soul
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hard to imagine that any upgrades help much as a car's interior is the absolute worst environment for audio. Some would call me an audiophile as I've built and put together many hi-end home systems over the years in acoustically treated rooms. I can not bring myself to spend a nickel on any upgrades as to me it's like trying to make chicken salad out of chicken sh-t.

A car radio is best used for news and sports.

TruckPrius

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Maverick Lariat Lux CP360 Assist
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Hard to imagine that any upgrades help much as a car's interior is the absolute worst environment for audio. Some would call me an audiophile as I've built and put together many hi-end home systems over the years in acoustically treated rooms. I can not bring myself to spend a nickel on any upgrades as to me it's like trying to make chicken salad out of chicken sh-t.

A car radio is best used for news and sports.
I do not understand some people on this forum who go out of their way to post strange opinions like this that do not contribute to the topic at hand. I can only imagine it's some generational difference that compels people to do so. You must be quite fun to ride in a vehicle with, with that statement.

I've completed the swap of all 8 speakers and the difference in clarity of sound is significant. I can hear details in the music now that were previously muffled and listening fatigue is greatly reduced. A worthy investment of $400 that will mean nothing to me over the course of my ownership of this vehicle.

What I wanted to know is, did those of us with the premium audio system get what we paid for in the amp.

Merry Christmas!

Sponsored

Poultrygeist

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Accord, Soul
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I do not understand some people on this forum who go out of their way to post strange opinions like this that do not contribute to the topic at hand. I can only imagine it's some generational difference that compels people to do so. You must be quite fun to ride in a vehicle with, with that statement.

I've completed the swap of all 8 speakers and the difference in clarity of sound is significant. I can hear details in the music now that were previously muffled and listening fatigue is greatly reduced. A worthy investment of $400 that will mean nothing to me over the course of my ownership of this vehicle.

What I wanted to know is, did those of us with the premium audio system get what we paid for in the amp.

Merry Christmas!
Conversation takes priority when I have a passenger and I usually do. Traveling alone for me usually means NPR. If you think car audio sounds good don't invest in a great home system. A properly set up acoustically correct home system will spoil you on anything less. In the past I've tried some of the best in car audio with brands like Focal, Nakamichi, Altec, etc but they were ultimately disappointing and never came close to what I listened to at home.

I build speakers as a hobby and an audio driver can only sound as good as it's enclosure. In other words the box is king. Consider how automotive drivers are severely limited by the cramped spaces they must occupy in a car's interior. That's a compromise that's difficult to live with.

B&O is a Danish Company known for their cutting edge designs in home audio. Back in the day their gear looked like nothing else. Soundwise I'd say they were not top shelf but close. Now-days much of their automotive gear like most are probably made in China to their specs and that's not a bad thing. If I were forced to upgrade the Mavericks car speakers I would consider the better ones ( probably lesser known brands ) from Parts Express.

Haven't kept up with automotive amps but by now they should be class D ( digital chip amps ) and that is probably the most significant breakthrough in audio this century. Class D means inexpensive high clean power, efficiency, and low heat in a very small enclosure. One of my class D amps ( Aiyima ) not much larger than a deck of cards can produce over 100 watts per channel and often costs $59 on sale.

Last edited:

TruckPrius

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Maverick Lariat Lux CP360 Assist
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Conversation takes priority when I have a passenger and I usually do. Traveling alone for me usually means NPR. If you think car audio sounds good don't invest in a great home system. A properly set up acoustically correct home system will spoil you on anything less. In the past I've tried some of the best in car audio with brands like Focal, Nakamichi, Altec, etc but they were ultimately disappointing and never came close to what I listened to at home.

I build speakers as a hobby and an audio driver can only sound as good as it's enclosure. In other words the box is king. Consider how automotive drivers are severely limited by the cramped spaces they must occupy in a car's interior. That's a compromise that's difficult to live with.

B&O is a Danish Company known for their cutting edge designs in home audio. Back in the day their gear looked like nothing else. Soundwise I'd say they were not top shelf but close. Now-days much of their automotive gear like most are probably made in China to their specs and that's not a bad thing. If I were forced to upgrade the Mavericks car speakers I would consider the better ones ( probably lesser known brands ) from Parts Express.

Haven't kept up with automotive amps but by now they should be class D ( digital chip amps ) and that is probably the most significant breakthrough in audio this century. Class D means inexpensive high clean power, efficiency, and low heat in a very small enclosure. One of my class D amps ( Aiyima ) not much larger than a deck of cards can produce over 100 watts per channel and often costs $59 on sale.
None of this is relevant to the topic you're replying to.

22Lariat

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Do you have the part number for your B&O amp pictured here? Mine is completely different? Harman branded, but not B&O like yours and completely different "fins" or lack thereof on mine...

1702458150930.png
My amp looks nothing like that.